Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I want a G-35 but can't afford one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You obviously need to finish school and get a decent job first. By the thread I'm reading, I can tell that some people in here buy G with there life time saving. For me, I don't want to work like a dog to afford a car. If you can afford it comfortably, get it. If you are young, it's ok to stick with your parents to save some expense but when you have a family to take care, you can't make a car your first priority. One thing I don't want to do is downgrade a living, like going from a G to a civic. I'm 26 but have a wife and a 3 yr old kid, have 2 G's, my wife is "almost" a stay home mom and don't have any problem financially. I feel like I have to have my own place but it's kinda hard in LA where condos cost half million. Just try to balance out your ride and your living. But you are young so I can feel you man.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT MAN WHEN YOUR DONE WITH YOUR SCHOOL AND WERE STILL IN OUR Gs WHILE YOUR MAKEING THE BIG BUCKS ULL HAVE ANY CAR YOU WANT.
ps. MAIBE YOU CAN JOIN US ON ONE OF OUR MEETS.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:27 PM
grab a snicker !

Old 07-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by ILL Mitch
Hello I am Mitch. I am a 22 yearr old computer science student. I drive a 95 Sunfire. I really like the G35, and the more I read about it and look at pictures of it on the internet the more I want it. Unfortunately I make just barely enough money to cover my tuition and can barely even afford the insurance on my current car. What should I do?
Sell cocaine or meth. If you really want to make enough money to not only buy the car but also mod it. Try growing your own weed.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a 23 yr old CS major, took off more than a year though, so its gonna be a while till a graduate . Simply put, if I could do it all over again... I find myself still arguing whether or not I made the right choice in buying the car now.

....when you have to write that check every month it just hurts and regrets start flying around, but turing that key makes all the worries go away....

....so its a really hard decision to make, its not a win/win situation either way you go though, so it just depends on the funds you have and commitment your are willing to make. The time I invested in making money to pay for the down payment + the time I'm currently putting into paying for the car certainly out weigh the benefits when I'm looking at the bank account, but behind the wheel it all goes out the window.....

...on one note though, I think most people would say wait, because getting a new nice car while you are still in school isn't the most economically sound decision to make, as you probably already know.... but....... then they probably never drove a G

...good luck with everything tho....

Old 07-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I think he moved this thread to a Honda forum

Old 07-25-2005, 01:42 AM
To the Man that Started this Thread:
BE PATIENT. I know it's not something u wanna hear. But i know where you're coming from.

Back when the GS400 first came out. I wanted it so bad. I was still in school, driving around a 93 ACURA VIGOR. I wanted a GS so bad... it hurt. But there was just no way to afford one at the time. Not even close.

Then came the G35. I go the same feeling with the G35c... just stronger. At the time, i still had no way to afford it. Out of college but dead end jobs, barely making ends meet.

I caught a break and lucked out. Nailed a decent job and did well. Saved up enough to throw 10k on a downpayment and immediately nabbed a G. And here i am today.

It will happen man. If it's not the G, your next (practical) dream car.

To the people saying "buy real estate first" it's a good piece of advice. But honestly, i deal with people buying real estate all day. Out here in Sunny california, cost of a decent house would destroy you if you didn't make 10k a month.

It all depends on what you value more...
If you love cars and you need a nice car to make u feel good, go for the car.
If you're not too big on cars, and more worried about the place u live at, then go for the home.

I spend a lot of time in my car. I enjoy driving as well.
If i was driving a boring car, I'd hate life.

People are different. Just gotta find out what moves you.... what makes u happy...

Good luck man.
Dru

Old 07-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Alright, this is what you do~

Find yourself the cheapest Infiniti you can find, like a 1990 M30 or J30 in a used car lot. It will probably cost you couple thousands at most. Take it to the dealership and 'trade it in' for a G35 loaner. Then move to Canada or Mexico and don't look back.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by ILL Mitch
Hello I am Mitch. I am a 22 yearr old computer science student. I drive a 95 Sunfire. I really like the G35, and the more I read about it and look at pictures of it on the internet the more I want it. Unfortunately I make just barely enough money to cover my tuition and can barely even afford the insurance on my current car. What should I do?
Sell crack for a while and save up? *shrugs*

Old 07-25-2005, 08:19 AM
? the a-hole who started this thread has not responded. I guess he wasnt being serious. A CS major student asking those questions... my guess is he isnt good at CS. It doesnt take much brightnes to know how dumb his question is.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 AM
a car isnt worth sacraficing your financial stability or your future.
keep working and stay focused at what you're doing. the g35 is about to be redone (in 2007) and you'll be able to buy that or better (the gtr due around the same time)

Old 07-25-2005, 09:23 AM
The thing which worries me... What if by the time I"m able to afford it (when I'm 30 or whatever) I no longer have a passion for cars? What if I become one of those people who just think cars are a way to get from a to b and see no difference between a car like the G35 and something boring like an Accord? That's why I really want it NOW.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:06 AM
ILL Mitch,

Right before I graduated from school in Computer Science I wanted a nice car also, but just realize that with a little bit of patience, your life will be a lot easier. I managed to get a job right after graduation and the offer they gave me was enough for me to afford a G and still have money for rent and food and I'm 23 so you're not all that far off.

Once you do get a job, just go to a dealer and buy the G on the signatureGraduate program to get some low interest rates. I believe it's still 1.9% for 60 months.

As for your fear of losing passion for the G when you get older, just test drive the G35 along with an Accord (when you have a job) and you'll know why you wanted this car to begin with. I'm sure all the members on the forum here will agree, if you're passionate about cars no matter what happens that passion won't go away. Just don't test drive anything now, you'll just be tempted more.

You're in a good-paying field but keep in mind it's highly competitive so study hard. Think of it this way, the higher your grades, the more mods you can afford for your G when you get it.

Good luck with your studies.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
ill mitch...

i am kinda in the same situation. i just graduated, and got a pretty good job. i am at the point i wanted to be at professionally right out of school. throughout the 3 years of school, driving a civic, i could not stop thinkin of a new car. i am an industrial designer, so i have a pretty good eye for style, and when the g came out, i went mental. i had 2 dead end jobs throughout college, and i could barely afford supplies for school (we build lots of things in design school) and book and w/e. so now that i have a much better job, i am saving up (patiently, its hard but well worth it) to put a nice down payment. when the $ amount in my savings hits the mark i have set for myself, THEN i will drive 3 1/2 hours from miami to lokey infiniti, and take care of business.
i live with my parents, and its a short drive to work everyday, so i will be staying there for a while, because where i work (midtown miami) housing is REALLY expensive (500k for a tiny ****hole), so staying with my parents is the most logical thing for me... since i do not want to sacrifice the easy drive to work, and the location. do whatever is best for you. you can ask 100 people and get 100 completely different responses. good luck!

Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
? the a-hole who started this thread has not responded. I guess he wasnt being serious. A CS major student asking those questions... my guess is he isnt good at CS. It doesnt take much brightnes to know how dumb his question is.
No need to rag on the guy just because he hasnt responded. And as for his question, this forum is all about answering questions, dumb or smart, so cut the kid some slack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I want a G-35 but can't afford one