Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

06 order and dealing help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true....my dad is a small business owner, and I've been working at the restaurant since I was in the 5th grade. EVERY weekend while my friends were having fun, I was busting my *** off to help out. And I don't see it as being spoiled, I honestly deserve this car. And to top that off, I am on my second year at Baylor University in TX going for med school. I'm the youngest at the school!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
good luck when you get the car just take care of it

Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
jrc
I'm looking to order an Athens Blue 2006 auto, and I am in Houston - guess there might be at least 2 . So how willing will dealers be to negotiate, especially considering pricing isn't even out? I guess the best to expect is 5-10% under MSRP? I really like the new headlights, blue tooth, and memory seats, but the 2005 price will be very tempting. I hate the thought of paying near MSRP, and I could use the savings to help offset the ridiculous price of gas nowdays - going from regular to premium gas prices will be a shock.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Why order an 06? Could you not find an 05 you like?

Old 09-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by jrc
I'm looking to order an Athens Blue 2006 auto, and I am in Houston - guess there might be at least 2 . So how willing will dealers be to negotiate, especially considering pricing isn't even out? I guess the best to expect is 5-10% under MSRP? I really like the new headlights, blue tooth, and memory seats, but the 2005 price will be very tempting. I hate the thought of paying near MSRP, and I could use the savings to help offset the ridiculous price of gas nowdays - going from regular to premium gas prices will be a shock.
Hey Jrc, since you are in houston, you want to do a group negotiation/buy thing for the 06?? I am looking to get one too, so we can work the numbers to our advantage? So far I have the following people in Houston interested in an 06. Btw dont even hope for getting 10% off msrp lol, that is invoice price for infiniti. Someone said they got 8% off so thats very good, i asked him where hes from so if hes from texas we can talk to that dealer.

Tomcatm
xbuhhx
tx35drv
jrc??

Shoot me an email with your g35driver tag name, real name and phone number at tomcatm at aol dot com and Ill keep a track of everyone and try to co ordinate something once the prices are released.

Last edited by tomcatm; 09-16-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
After months of "lurking" and envy I just ordered my '06 6MT w/ Aero and premium...... (no Navi).
I'm old enough (60) to know it will arrive when it gets here though dealer thinks November. I contracted to pay MSRP minus 8%. Do you folks think that represents a fair deal?
BTW, it's Black over Graphite, very 'stealthy' I thought.
I have learned a bunch here and have lot's of questions.
I would add that I'm NOT too old to be fully pumped about having one of these beautiful rides on order and the opportunity to learn even more from you "pros"!

MSRP minus 8% is damn good deal!! Infiniti markups are between 9 and 10 % excluding the dealer holdback of 1% of base msrp ( or is it base invoice hmm?). Where are you located at??? In texas by any chance??? Please let us know. Thanks

Old 09-20-2005, 02:38 AM
I'm in Missouri

....and yes my deal is for MSRP (window sticker) less 8%.
My car due in Nov. It's a 6MT Black over Graphite W/ everything except Navi. Maybe my sales guy would do it again ????
A question for you. I really like Gialla Grille except I can't tell from pic's if center of grill is solid, a mesh of some sort or just "open". Any idea? Thanks.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:16 PM
I wonder what the shipping charges would be from missouri? Can you hook me up with the contact info for your salesman?? If he is selling it that close to invoice, it may be worth the shipping charges. As for the gialla grill, I think its open xcept for a center post, but I havent seen one in person so dont quote me on that.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I might be in on this deal too guys. I am in Phoenix but it doesn't matter does it? Could I register the car here even though I buy it in Texas and would I loose out on any dealer services down the line that I might get if I bought the car from a local dealer in Phoenix?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Theres nothing stopping you from being in the deal, but the savings would have to be enough to offset the cost of getting the car to phoenix ( shipping the car, or you flying in to drive it back ) You can register your car in phoenix no matter where you buy your car in the country. Your warranty is the same and will be honored at any inifniti dealer worldwide, now of course depending on the dealer they may show slight favoritism to the people who bought their cars from them as far as scheduling loaners etc. but if you show up with a broken tranny they wont refuse work just cause you didnt buy it there. Let me know if you decide to go through with it.