Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Test drove 03 6mt today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drove 03 6mt today

well today i went down to the dealership with my girl to check out the G as i am seriously considering purchasing one very soon. Took it(used 03 6mt) for a ride and noticed a few things i very much liked and disliked. My opinions on these matters have to do with coming from a more powerful car in my Cobra, but nonetheless i was happy overall at the outcome..

Pros:
- body styling is unmatchable
- ride is very tight and smooth
- nice exhaust tone(but still not loud enough for my taste, i want to hear the car come to life when i get on it, exhaust one of the first mods!!)
- interior of vehicle just made me feel better about myself. lol. so much class yet sporty at the same time.
- knowing i may own this car kinda put a smile on my face.

Cons:
- disappointed at power of vehicle. i knew it was going to be less then my car but i really cant complain as it is not a car made mainly for performance. It has the over all package i want!
- clutch pedal feels way to weak, grabs too high and almost like theres no pedal there. I Like to feel the pedal pushing back at me a bit.
- 6 speed feels like it goes through gears to quickly for me, but i have never driven one so would prob take some getting used to. Just feels like i would be inbetween gears too much.
- the worst one of all the feeling that i might not get approved for this car for credit issues.

gonna try and make some moves within the next couple weeks and see what happens. I have them looking for exactly what i want, what ever year i can get approved for no more then $30k, White/tan, aero, spoiler, 6mt no more then 30k miles! hopefully i will be riding in my nice new G in no time.. Later
-Adam

Old 09-25-2005, 10:46 AM
i'm selling mine and it's the exact car you want. i have 26,xxx miles on it. it is all highway, i drive 70 miles a day to work. it was dealer maintained. the body is in pecfect condition. the only imperfection in the whole car is a small tear in the drivers seat and a touched up scratch on the front bumper that isnt noticeable unless i point it out. there are no dings or scratches anywhere else. the car is always garged and i have my own space at work. i am asking $27500 and am willing to include my winter rims and tires if i get close to asking price. i'm in new york.

click for pics

Old 09-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
power may be a difficult thing to let go, depending on your driving style and location.
the way i would think about it is, what you give up in power you get more of in braking, handling and feel, and that doesn't include the non-performance aspects of the car.

as far as the clutch pedal goes, if i recall correctly there's a DIY here to adjust the grab point... i've heard good things about it but I never did it. I'm fine with the clutch as-is.
Re: 6 speeds, you get used to it.. and you'll find yourself rolling off from 2nd and shifting to 4th and such a lot...

Old 09-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I bought my '03 about a year and a half ago. I paid right around $30k, and it had 2,900 miles on it. It's a 6mt without nav. I think you could at least find one like G35Art has at $27.5k to around 25k, with less than 30k miles. As for financing, go to a credit union, they have better rates and are much easier to work with. Get pre-approved and you'll now how much money you can spend. Good luck.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=NaztyG]My opinions on these matters have to do with coming from a more powerful car in my Cobra, but nonetheless i was happy overall at the outcome..

I felt the same way. I have a 1970 Z28 4-speed, when I test drove a 6mt, I thought the clutch pedal was too weak too, but you can always replace the stock clutch with a more high performance aftermarket one (perhaps maybe Centerforce might make one for the G?)

As far as brutal all out power....save that for the Cobra. Cruising in the G is soo much different than rolling in an American musclecar. The G to me is much more comfortable and classy. I know chicks dont really like getting in my Camaro because it lopes and shakes pretty violently.

Good luck with purchasing one...you'll definately be happy having the best of both worlds!

Old 09-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by g35cas
I bought my '03 about a year and a half ago. I paid right around $30k, and it had 2,900 miles on it. It's a 6mt without nav. I think you could at least find one like G35Art has at $27.5k to around 25k, with less than 30k miles. As for financing, go to a credit union, they have better rates and are much easier to work with. Get pre-approved and you'll now how much money you can spend. Good luck.
ya i was thinking that caus ei already have 2 loans payed off at mny credit union and in the middle of my third right now.. was outof work for awhile and missed a couple payments so they prob wont be to inclined to jump me up to a 25k$ loan right now.. maybe i'll have to wait for a bit and get in better standings with them.. we'll see.. i def love the car and will buy it as soon as i can,.. thanks again
-Adam

Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 AM
PM 'omi' for a 2003.5 with about $20k in mods. Performance, greddy front bumper, upgraded brakes, Volks, full coilover, DVD player in dash, stereo to die for. Total show car and a super sweet deal.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by G35Art
i'm selling mine and it's the exact car you want. i have 26,xxx miles on it. it is all highway, i drive 70 miles a day to work. it was dealer maintained. the body is in pecfect condition. the only imperfection in the whole car is a small tear in the drivers seat and a touched up scratch on the front bumper that isnt noticeable unless i point it out. there are no dings or scratches anywhere else. the car is always garged and i have my own space at work. i am asking $27500 and am willing to include my winter rims and tires if i get close to asking price. i'm in new york.

click for pics
hey u still sellin this car? i may be interested.
-Adam