Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles

Originally Posted by paulcl
i just chose g35x over acura TL, audi A4 2.0T and bmw 325i a month and a half ago. Test drove all of them, nothing came close to the g35x. It drives amazingly, corners great, power whenever i want. I love driving it.....

THe bad - doesnt look as nice as the others, tons of rattles, i thought my 02 acura CL that i traded in had rattles,,, man this thing rattles at least 100times more then the acura. i get so annoyed especialy when the bass hits in songs. I have my audio bass setting as -3 cause I cant stand the rattles from it. And the gas milage.... i havent been able to get more than 15mpg, and i drive all highway.... i havent even been beating it cuase i just got pass 1k miles. And the brake dust on the g35x in front is soooo bad. my front rims are completely black...... and i do not understand y a $35k car wouldnt have the side mirrors automaticallly tilt down when in reverse, after 3 yrs in the acura that has it, i find it hard to position my mirrors now so i can see the curb when parking and at the same time minimize my blind spot when im driving.
I have had a 05 x for the past few months and don't have any rattles...

I have been over more pot holed streets than I care to think about and all I have is a quick super quiet ride

My 2c

Thanks

Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
FYI, "Blose" ranked number one on the 2005 JD Power Automotive Component Branding Study that was released today.

Top 5:

Bose
Sony
Pioneer
Dolby
Panasonic

Full press release is here: http://www.jdpa.com/studies_jdpower/...p?StudyID=1040

No commentary from me on what the results mean, I'm just throwing them out there. (But certainly I don't think consumer branding recognition necessarily equates to quality product. Hell, Mark Levinson is like 22nd on the list... go figure.)

Also, as for the M45... yes it sounds awesome (I just leased one for my company), but only in surround sound playback. This means you need a DVD audio disc for 5.1 playback. Minus the expensive (and limited availability) DVD audio disc, the system is only average. (The sample DVD audio disc that comes with the car toggles back and forth between 5.1 and normal playback and the difference is remarkable!)

Old 10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Printerman
I have had a 05 x for the past few months and don't have any rattles...

I have been over more pot holed streets than I care to think about and all I have is a quick super quiet ride

My 2c

Thanks
Sad to say but my 1.7K miles G already has more rattles than my 96 Maxima . The rattles are not constant, but they seem to come and go. However, I don't have any brake dust on my wheels. The auto side mirror tilt down in R sounds interesting. I might start to do that manually from now on when I parallel park.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Just my opinion, but when I look at the following cars that are in a similar price range and comparision:

BMW 330
Audi A4
Saab whatever
Maxima top of the line
Lexus
Passat

and whatever else you'd like to list, Infiniti owns them all when you consider luxury, comfort, and performance in one package

although the 330i comes awfully close

Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by mk3gtr
I agree. I'm not an audiophile, but the stock stereo sounds fine to me. I do fine the display cheesy looking, and wished it had at least RDS and ID3 tag/CD text.
I thought does have RDS text?

On some stations the words "rds" light up. I had to look up the manual to see what that was, but now it's set to display it. On the station I listen to, it only displays the station name though.

And I do agree the stereo kinda stinks. The sound is extremely muffled. That's no reason to stay away from a car, although it's always disappointing when I turn the thing on.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you would have to leave the 330 out of the comparison since it is much more expensive. The 325 I can understand, but in the low 40 range that is a whole other class of cars.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:59 AM
my 1996 maxima rattles on the highway in the dash somehwere, but other then that, i havent had any in 180,000 miles. im happy with that.

however, this "rattle" talk from the G is dissapointing. i have come to accept that most cars rattle.
if you go to the acura, audi, bmw boards, people complian about rattles.

i know some beleive "a $35,000 car shouldnt rattle" and i agree, but it doesnt look like your penny will get you there

Old 10-11-2005, 11:09 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Minarets
my 1996 maxima rattles on the highway in the dash somehwere, but other then that, i havent had any in 180,000 miles. im happy with that.

however, this "rattle" talk from the G is dissapointing. i have come to accept that most cars rattle.
if you go to the acura, audi, bmw boards, people complian about rattles.

i know some beleive "a $35,000 car shouldnt rattle" and i agree, but it doesnt look like your penny will get you there
My 1996 maxima also had intermittent rattles but they were very rare. I drove that thing in the midwest for awhile and moved back to so-cal without it causing new rattles. My g35 only has rattles when the temp changes and it really isn't bad. I have the coupe and the car is just plain noisy...tires are loud, exhaust is loud, and there isn't much sound isolation. Don't really care because the car is amazing to drive but if people are too worried about rattles, just as for a used car test drive and found out what you're getting into.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Come on nickk, you gotta bump the system when you're passin through the local 7-11 or dunkin donuts and all the kids are like damnn look at that car