Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...

current and previous owners;
anything "bad" about them i should know?
what did/do you like about yours?

Thanks alot Guys!

Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It rattles and creaks a lot for the price. Every loaner car I have had has made some kind of creek as well (04 and 05 loaners). If I was into just crusing I think the Mercedes C class is a better car, but if you like drive it hard, I'd get it.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Compare G35 to Acura TSX, BMW 325, and Lexus is 250/350 before buying.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Rollin On Dubz
OOps, I mean Acura TL

Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.6mt.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11598

I think I covered it pretty well.

Ken

Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Queen, the more important question is...what are YOU looking for in a car?

Old 10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
THE GOOD

- Awesome engine. Very powerful and torquey, so you don't have to rev its guts out to go fast.
- Interior. Pretty luxurious, comfortable leather seats, roomy front & back. Nice exhaust growl.
- Handling. Nice, tight and direct. Goes where you point it, NOW. Not much body roll.
- Brakes are superb. Excellent stopping power with a nice, hard brake pedal.
- Cup holders are nice and big, well placed, and will hold a supersize anything. (see: BMW 330i on how not to design cupholders.)
- Keyless entry is cool, although I sometimes like to hear the alarm chirp when I lock the doors, which it doesn't if you lock them manually with the fob in your pocket.
- Navigation System. Not thrilled with the graphics compared some others, but I like it. I would have liked for the radio to be controlled through the system as well. Birds-Eye view option is cool.

THE BAD

- Fuel Economy. Average at best. Getting around 15-17 city (closer to 12-13 if you drive it fairly hard), 22 or so highway.
- Road Feel. Doesn't have much. Numb and isolated feel - the saving grace being that it is at least tight and direct, and goes where you want it to.
- Steering is a bit heavy at low speed, parking speeds, etc. Women might not like it. Fine at higher speeds.
- ManuMatic: I leave it in Auto mostly. Manual shifts are soft as cotton. I like how it revs the engine to match downshifts though.
- Highway Noise. Relatively noisy at speed due to its ridiculously low gearing. It is very quiet at less than highway speeds.
- Center console. Has a drab, meh look to it. Too much Nissan, not enough Infiniti. (see: M35/45)
- No Digital Clock (except a small one on the Nav screen). No Nav = no digital clock.
- Brake Dust. A LOT of front brake dust = constantly blackened wheels.

THE UGLY

- Orange colored instrumentation. Ugly. White would have been fine, thanks. They should take a page from Ford and allow you to adjust it in over 100 different colors.
- TINY glovebox. Room for the manual (barely) and thats it. On top of that, if you get Nav, the upper glovebox holds the DVD system, rendering it useless for storage.
- Cruise control won't engage above 90mph. Unfortunate for a sports sedan capable of such high cruising speeds.

Last edited by astaan; 10-05-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
- Cruise control won't engage above 90mph. Unfortunate for a sports sedan capable of such high cruising speeds.

I think thats a great feature, if you are going to drive that fast I personally believe that you should be in full control...No Cruise Control, No Cell Phone, No Starbucks.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 PM
i just chose g35x over acura TL, audi A4 2.0T and bmw 325i a month and a half ago. Test drove all of them, nothing came close to the g35x. It drives amazingly, corners great, power whenever i want. I love driving it.....

THe bad - doesnt look as nice as the others, tons of rattles, i thought my 02 acura CL that i traded in had rattles,,, man this thing rattles at least 100times more then the acura. i get so annoyed especialy when the bass hits in songs. I have my audio bass setting as -3 cause I cant stand the rattles from it. And the gas milage.... i havent been able to get more than 15mpg, and i drive all highway.... i havent even been beating it cuase i just got pass 1k miles. And the brake dust on the g35x in front is soooo bad. my front rims are completely black...... and i do not understand y a $35k car wouldnt have the side mirrors automaticallly tilt down when in reverse, after 3 yrs in the acura that has it, i find it hard to position my mirrors now so i can see the curb when parking and at the same time minimize my blind spot when im driving.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ImPortQuEen
current and previous owners;
anything "bad" about them i should know?
what did/do you like about yours?

Thanks alot Guys!
Compared to others cars in it's class, I don’t think there's a better choice. If you want performance get the G. There is a lot of talk about the new Lexus IS 350 - but I prefer the G.

If you are more concerned about interior styling and fit/finish, you might want to consider the Acura TL.

All things considered the G is the way to go. Although, if you are thinking of a coupe you might want to drive the Z too... it's a blast!

Old 10-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Like any other car, everyone will find little things they don't like. I love my G35 but there are things that could be better. The base radio sound quality is fair at best, the climate controls don't make sense, and there are a lot of squeeks and rattles. The 6mt clutch is tricky at first but gets better over time and not everyone likes the feel of the shifter. Some have problems with seat comfort and think the interior is not fitting of a $30-37k luxury car but I disagree.

While there are little annoyances, they soon become insignificant when behind the wheel. The G35 handles superb and goes fast. Traction control is available and can be turned off (not so in other cars). For the money, nothing can beat it in performance and style. Some cars do some things better but sacrifice something else in return. BMW might do a better job overall but costs $10k more. I never get tired of looking at my G35 or the morning commute helps get me out of bed.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by astaan
THE GOOD

- Awesome engine. Very powerful and torquey, so you don't have to rev its guts out to go fast.
- Interior. Pretty luxurious, comfortable leather seats, roomy front & back. Nice exhaust growl.
- Handling. Nice, tight and direct. Goes where you point it, NOW. Not much body roll.
- Brakes are superb. Excellent stopping power with a nice, hard brake pedal.
- Cup holders are nice and big, well placed, and will hold a supersize anything. (see: BMW 330i on how not to design cupholders.)
- Keyless entry is cool, although I sometimes like to hear the alarm chirp when I lock the doors, which it doesn't if you lock them manually with the fob in your pocket.
- Navigation System. Not thrilled with the graphics compared some others, but I like it. I would have liked for the radio to be controlled through the system as well. Birds-Eye view option is cool.

THE BAD

- Fuel Economy. Average at best. Getting around 15-17 city (closer to 12-13 if you drive it fairly hard), 22 or so highway.
- Road Feel. Doesn't have much. Numb and isolated feel - the saving grace being that it is at least tight and direct, and goes where you want it to.
- Steering is a bit heavy at low speed, parking speeds, etc. Women might not like it. Fine at higher speeds.
- ManuMatic: I leave it in Auto mostly. Manual shifts are soft as cotton. I like how it revs the engine to match downshifts though.
- Highway Noise. Relatively noisy at speed due to its ridiculously low gearing. It is very quiet at less than highway speeds.
- Center console. Has a drab, meh look to it. Too much Nissan, not enough Infiniti. (see: M35/45)
- No Digital Clock (except a small one on the Nav screen). No Nav = no digital clock.
- Brake Dust. A LOT of front brake dust = constantly blackened wheels.

THE UGLY

- Orange colored instrumentation. Ugly. White would have been fine, thanks. They should take a page from Ford and allow you to adjust it in over 100 different colors.
- TINY glovebox. Room for the manual (barely) and thats it. On top of that, if you get Nav, the upper glovebox holds the DVD system, rendering it useless for storage.

THE BAD - You forgot the subpar sound system (compared to the competition, it would be alright on a $15-20K vehicle)

Well, maybe Nissan will correct some of the G35's flaws with the next-gen model (better fuel economy, touch-screen navi, better sound system, a little less noise). It's still a nice car.

It would be great if we had two instrumentation color options (white & orange) which we could select just by pushing a button on the dash.

Last edited by dampfnudel; 10-06-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
You'll have a hard time driving slow for the rest of your life. Yeah, this car has MINOR issues, but as a whole, there is no other car on the road which matches this car in ride, handling, acceleration, comfort, reliability, looks and fun-to-drive-goodness. Go for some test drives in the G and some other cars like A4, TL, 330i and you'll see this. The only one which might be better in some category is the 330i, but it's a lot more money and you'll have problems with it.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:12 AM
the interior door panel on the driver side rattles... and gas mileage isn't great compared to a honda civic... but it's a pretty car, especially the 05's+

Old 10-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think no one had mentioned "paint". It's thin and chips way too easy. The paint doesn't below to a 35k car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...