Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

newbie here interested in buying a g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
newbie here interested in buying a g35 coupe

First of I'd like to say hello and hopefully I will be a part of this community in the future.

I did come across a Blue '03 6mt. Check it out here on autotrader

I have yet to look at the car in person. Please have a look at it and let me know what you think. The dealer wants $23,500 if I purchase before Monday (end of month) which sounds like an awesome deal!

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i were you, i would take the car in a heartbeat! i have same car, same year, same miles with no leather & no brembo, and i bought mine this summer at the SAME price! ( i am getting kinda mad... )

Old 10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
The price seems cheap but again 45K miles is kinda high!!! My '03 has about 35K miles and it's a daily driver. Finding a 6MT is very rare though. What does the "Kelly's Blue Book" say?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by C-Keith
The price seems cheap but again 45K miles is kinda high!!! My '03 has about 35K miles and it's a daily driver. Finding a 6MT is very rare though. What does the "Kelly's Blue Book" say?
and super rare color too! i get compliments so often, i am tired of it. hahaha~ not!

Old 10-28-2005, 08:54 PM
why ain't any of these sweet deals happen in Boston...whack!

Old 10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by C-Keith
I checked this before the dealer even called back. KBB states $28,600 Suggested Retail. My jaw dropped when I heard $23,500.

I like the color as well. I was really hooked on finding a red one but the blue is very nice and I don't see many of them.

Car fax report looks good as well.

As far as the mileage, it does seem somewhat high but I think the price offsets the mileage greatly.

Let's see what happens when I go out there tomorrow.

Wish me luck y'all!

Thanks and take care,

Scott

Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Vic
does the warranty still valid?

Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Vic
does the warranty still valid?
that is a question I had as well. According to Car Fax basic warranty is 60K miles or 48 months. I will hit the 60K mark before the next year and half.

I am still thinking in depth (too much ) about this. One thing I don't like on the report is that it has a commercial registration reported.

In looking at the pictures again I noticed someone removed INFINITI from the trunk lid. I was going to do this anyway but I wonder what else was removed.

Oh well if nothing else I will drive it and see what happens from there.

Scott

Last edited by twitch; 10-28-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
23K sounds way too low. If that's really the price I'd pick it up tommorow. I'd probably ask 27-28K if I was the dealer.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by twitch
First of I'd like to say hello and hopefully I will be a part of this community in the future.

I did come across a Blue '03 6mt. Check it out here on autotrader

I have yet to look at the car in person. Please have a look at it and let me know what you think. The dealer wants $23,500 if I purchase before Monday (end of month) which sounds like an awesome deal!

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks!
First, congrats on your good tastes...secondly, don't ever get pressured by a dealers "end of month only deals"...I often go the day after the expiration just to mess with them...bottom line is, they want to sell the car...good luck.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:10 AM
wow and i thought i got a great deal. I just bought my 03 for $26500 with the same set up but only 24k miles here. I got the carfax on mine as well. That's an awsome price even if the miles are kinda high. gl

Old 10-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Appears to be a pretty sweet deal. Definitely take it for a test drive and put it to the test. Good luck and welcome to the boards.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:25 AM
stop thinking! buy now! i even thought about selling my car and flying over there to buy that car... (i can sell my car for more than what i bought for right now, according to KBB)

Old 10-29-2005, 11:05 AM
go for it man.. thats a very cheap price for an 03.. i purchased an 04 for 29k the lowest price i have seen a g for.. but again it does kinda have alot of miles.. think about it the car only has 15k miles left on warranty unless previous owner did something to void it.. if i were u i would call infiniti direct and ask if warranty is still active on the vehicle.. also get urself a history report from infiniti service to make sure previous owner took care of the car.. its in stick most cars like that get abused...

Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM
The Dodge dealer (selling the car) sent the car over to Infiniti this morning for what he told me was a sensor that needed to be replaced due to the check engine light coming on.

I called Infiniti service dept. and they looked up the service history. Everything looked good with basic necessities being taken care of until 20K miles. After this they have no records -> concern? maybe.

What Infiniti told me is that the car is in there for a scraping sound shifting from 4th to 5th, not for any sensors needing replacement.

I asked the guy at Infiniti if there was anything that he saw to deter a sale of the car. He will have his techs look over the vehicle while there and I will speak to him about it on Monday. He states that a main concern would be that you need to keep up with the oil changes on the car religiously due to low tolerances of the motor. They are going to check for "sludge" under the oil cap and basically do the same thing I would when I see the car.

So there won’t be any test drive of the car today. Monday at earliest but I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for the welcome and I am anxious to see how this plays out.

Scott

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: newbie here interested in buying a g35 coupe