Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

should i really be getting a G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i must make ****q

Listen --- I leased a 05 g35 and i couldnt be happier.....I am 24 yrs old and working....I saw this car at the Javis Center in NYC when I was 20 and I wanted it...but i stuck it out with my 96 altima first.

Buy this car with your own money....trust me...you will appreicate it so much more.

Christ....I wish I had more money..........

Old 10-29-2005, 03:33 AM
The G coupe definately has its blind spots. I drove a celica GTS before and yeah the G coupe's blind spots are definately larger. There were a few times where I didn't even notice the presence of cars beside me. Anyways, knowing this, I'm a safer driver than before cause I tend to crank up my alertness instead of zipping around. Also, paying for gas is burning a hole in my wallet.

Last edited by cloud; 10-29-2005 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
also, it will make you super spoiled. trust me, you wont want to settle for anything slower than g for your next car... )
M6 is way to go for your next ride after G.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:56 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if your mom is paying for it, just get it. who cares.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
wtf.. wa kind of parents u kids have that they get u a 35k dollar car with no problem.. let alone ur first car.. damn wish my parents were that nice... jus got my g 24yr old first new car ever. believe me have to work hard for it.. guess things dont jus fall into every1s lap that easily..

if your mom is gonna get it for u as a freeby.. **** it go for it wa do u have to loose.. but in my opinion u should get the civic si or the rsx get used to a 6 speed or a strong car b4 u wreck ur g.. that will hurt u even more...

Old 10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by g'dup13
wtf.. wa kind of parents u kids have that they get u a 35k dollar car with no problem.. let alone ur first car.. damn wish my parents were that nice... jus got my g 24yr old first new car ever. believe me have to work hard for it.. guess things dont jus fall into every1s lap that easily..

if your mom is gonna get it for u as a freeby.. **** it go for it wa do u have to loose.. but in my opinion u should get the civic si or the rsx get used to a 6 speed or a strong car b4 u wreck ur g.. that will hurt u even more...
Although they may be "nice"... you must also consider the parent's living conditions. If $35k is pocket change to them... maybe they're actually being "mean" and buying him a car like that.

Anyways, do what you want. If you have the financial backing, crash, burn, whatever.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I got my car a year ago (at 16) and so far so good. If you do get one, don't be stupid. It dosen't matter if your in a G35 or a Civic, you can still kill someone very easily. Just go slow, and take your time, it's a fun car.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mc2
if your mom is paying for it, just get it. who cares.
lol +1

Old 10-29-2005, 02:36 PM
You def. don't want a G for the 1st car...try something front wheel drive like a Accord or something.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Extremely powerful? HAHAHA are you kidding me? Are we talking about an f430? Its an entry level Infiniti w/ 298hp on a 3500lb boat. Srt's are faster than our G's. It doesnt matter the output of the car if its only running you 14's. Would you consider an Elise a Extremely powerful car? it only has 190hp.. but runs low 13's.

fast? haha you guys really crack me up in thinking that the G in stock form is a fast car. I'm mean yeah maybe if you're F/I'ed then you are a tad bit quicker. But a stock G IMHO isnt considered to be fast.

EXTREMELY powerful car for a beginning driver, you're odds will be very high to do stupid stuff teenagers do like crash going too fast, street race, and all of the things associated with having a powerful/fast car and still being too immature and inexperienced to handle that.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Don't do it! Hold out and make them get you an M3!

Old 10-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by GsUpHoesDown
Don't do it! Hold out and make them get you an M3!

Now we talking.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:23 PM
its your choice do what u want im 16 i am hopefully getting my g in the spring. Im putting 18 down on it and paying the rest off as i go. But if i was paying gas and insurance i would definity get something like a civic or something under 25 grand. just my .02

Old 10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Got my car when I was a sucky 16 year old driver. I'll be 18 on the 4th of this month.. [2 years having the g! wow, I can't believe its that old]

You learn how to drive safe REAL quick. And you also learn how fast of a car the G35 really is (I drove a saab 9-3 before hand)

Insurence and gas will own you if you don't have parents help, and wouldn't really be worth it without it IMO.

Other than that, Infiniti's are AWESOME cars that should last you a good 70k+ under extream abuse. They are great investments
lol, if i ever hear you all a depreciable assett a good investment again I'll smack you...

Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by heeb
I'm only 17 and I have been driving my G since February. Never got a ticket or an accident yet. Only "accident" I have ever been in is I got hit by a deer in my fathers car in my second month or so of driving.

I'd disagree with the vision being a positive. The G has its blind spots, along with any coupes so you have to get used to it if you are a new driver.

Then again, not to brag but I consider myself a very good driver, expecially for my age. But I used to ride dirtbikes and quads growing up so I have more experience than most people I know. Not to mention I drive a LOT, and most of my friends dont drive anywhere besides to school or maybe to work and thats it.

If you are admitting you are a "sucky driver" I wouldnt get it, or atleast not right away. Get at least a month or two driving experience.
hahahahaha

how do you get hit BY A DEER?

did he run a red light?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i really be getting a G35?