Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

should i really be getting a G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should i really be getting a G35?

im 18 and i only been driving 4 2months and u can say im a sucky driver
cant really even park that good yet either
so should i be getting the G35 as my 1st car?

Old 10-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Buy a Civic.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:45 PM
sounds like you already know the answer.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to start with a junker car first...you're going to dingg up your car a lot here and there as a beginning driver.

The G is a double edged sword in terms of a first drivers car...the negatives definitely outweigh the positives...but there are still some positives.

Positives;

Excellent Braking power
Good field of vision
Vehicle dynamic control to prevent skidding out
Excellent handling, unlike a lot of SUV's that teens drive and rollover due to inexperienced driving.

Negatives;

High insurance.

EXTREMELY powerful car for a beginning driver, you're odds will be very high to do stupid stuff teenagers do like crash going too fast, street race, and all of the things associated with having a powerful/fast car and still being too immature and inexperienced to handle that.

Do what you want man, but if it was me....I'd hold off for like a year...some kids might just be natural drivers. But when I was a beginning driver I can't tell you how much I messed up my car here and there from parking and this and that.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm only 17 and I have been driving my G since February. Never got a ticket or an accident yet. Only "accident" I have ever been in is I got hit by a deer in my fathers car in my second month or so of driving.

I'd disagree with the vision being a positive. The G has its blind spots, along with any coupes so you have to get used to it if you are a new driver.

Then again, not to brag but I consider myself a very good driver, expecially for my age. But I used to ride dirtbikes and quads growing up so I have more experience than most people I know. Not to mention I drive a LOT, and most of my friends dont drive anywhere besides to school or maybe to work and thats it.

If you are admitting you are a "sucky driver" I wouldnt get it, or atleast not right away. Get at least a month or two driving experience.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Got my car when I was a sucky 16 year old driver. I'll be 18 on the 4th of this month.. [2 years having the g! wow, I can't believe its that old]

You learn how to drive safe REAL quick. And you also learn how fast of a car the G35 really is (I drove a saab 9-3 before hand)

Insurence and gas will own you if you don't have parents help, and wouldn't really be worth it without it IMO.

Other than that, Infiniti's are AWESOME cars that should last you a good 70k+ under extream abuse. They are great investments

Old 10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Im 18 and my G is coming in the next week.........but if you are questioning yourself then dont get it

Old 10-28-2005, 08:44 PM
any car but nissan POS

Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM
THE BATMOBILE
if you dont get it you will regret it for the next 4 years of your life

Old 10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine at 17. you can say i learned to start really driving with it. i drove my parents car now and then, but its not the same thing when your behind to wheel by yourself. i can tell you the first time i started driving my G, i was pretty bad. i scraped the bottom of the bumper a few times and curbed my rim once. now after my rearend accident which some idiotic driver of a dodge neon hit me from behind, i had everything on that car fixed back to new ( including the bumper /rims which weren't damage from the accident but i told them anyways ). since then everythings been smooth sailing. it just takes time

Old 10-28-2005, 10:37 PM
don't get it.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 PM
if i had to recommend a car for 16yr old sucky driver, i would say RSX. its fast enuf, handles pretty tight, and very balanced for beginner drivers, IMO. g35 has too much torque for beginner drivers, i think. (also, it will make you super spoiled. trust me, you wont want to settle for anything slower than g for your next car... )

Old 10-29-2005, 01:45 AM
yea i was thinking the same thing but this will be the only freebie car i get from my mom so if i dont get it now i prolly wont beable to get it til i have a good job and everything and right now im still in school etc ty for all ur input

Old 10-29-2005, 02:10 AM
im 16 and ive got my G for a couple of months now...but my first car was the F-150 that truck is a monstaaa ive did dozen of donuts in Kissena Park (queens) but if i were you go with the civic hey maybe you can get the new skyline GTR in 2007 i erno its up to u

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i really be getting a G35?