Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Looking to sell my M3 and get into a G35c or Z....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the m3! Lol, but I don't blame you for trying to unload it now that you're coming off of warranty.

The G and Z are both great cars. Just depends on what you want. I'd say ultimately the G is more on the looks/luxury side while the Z is more on the speed/performance side.

Check out the aftermarket scene for both like another member suggested, then see what suits you better if you were to get a Z or G.

Goodluck! Love that m3 mang!

Old 11-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lease was almost up on my 350Z touring When I started debating to buy it or trade for G-coupe or wait for 330ci. I ended up trading into a G-coupe for 2 main reasons; 1) The Z is loud..there is very little, if any, sound deadening material. I guess to save weight but it becomes irritating after a while. 2) The car just beats you up if you regularly travel on bumpy roads. Mine was an '03 and I hear they improved the suspension on '04 & up. I wouldn't necessarily say the interior of the G is that better of quality. The Z is a sports car and the interior is a little more edgy. Coming from a BMW, the interior quality of the Z or the G won't compare...I've had 2 BMW's (still have the X5). The Z is still one of the hottest looking cars around...so is the G but the Z trumps it in my opinion. G has better visibility and a sunroof which are nice.....hope that helps. Just test drive all of them.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is 6MTgirl at when you need her? ...Please please please do NOT sell you M3, doesnt matter what car you get next (G or Z or...) you will regret that you ever did...I could understand from financial side, but the money you gonna spend on G or Z, why not just use those pennies to paid off the M?...I know I will catch some fleck from this, but since I got the M? I drove G less than 800 miles in 6 weeks as oppose to almost 4k I put on M3 and M is complete stock unlike yours, dont get me worng the G and Z are some of the best value cars in the world, have respectable performance, great looks, I would've never thought I would ever said this..."but it aint the M". I guess you could've do worse than G or Z tho either way you decide? welcome to G35driver!....Almost got in to that GB for the Volk's while back, because I saw pic of your M3, untill certain soemone talk me out of it...

Old 11-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks everyone....

I can and would keep the M3..but I rather free up money and put it towards a house purchase.

Plus, I having the itch to mod a JDM car again.....

here are three of my past cars....

Old 11-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Where is 6MTgirl at when you need her? ...Please please please do NOT sell you M3, doesnt matter what car you get next (G or Z or...) you will regret that you ever did...I could understand from financial side, but the money you gonna spend on G or Z, why not just use those pennies to paid off the M?...I know I will catch some fleck from this, but since I got the M? I drove G less than 800 miles in 6 weeks as oppose to almost 4k I put on M3 and M is complete stock unlike yours, dont get me worng the G and Z are some of the best value cars in the world, have respectable performance, great looks, I would've never thought I would ever said this..."but it aint the M". I guess you could've do worse than G or Z tho either way you decide? welcome to G35driver!....Almost got in to that GB for the Volk's while back, because I saw pic of your M3, untill certain soemone talk me out of it...
Who talked you out of it?haha..I need to have a talk with that person! haha JK

Yeah, the M is still a M..but for me, Im up for some change. Dont get me wrong, I love the M...but Im really getting the itch for a JDM FI car again..and working where I do, really doesnt help.

We have pretty much finished with M3 parts development at work, so Im kind of up for a change...not to say that we dont have parts for a Z or G..but having one myself might spark new development as well..but thats beside the point.

I know I will be putting in money into the Z..but that will probably be the money from the sale of the parts off the M3...so there really isnt much "new" money being put it...

Thanks for all the comments guys......keep them coming if there are more...

and feel free to hit me up on HKS related questions as well...(I hope I didnt open up a can of worms )

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
- If you are going to get hardcore on the track, then you will eventually turn to weight loss, and you will want a Z for that (~200lbs off the bat I believe).

- A Z will be cheaper and you could put more mods in with the same $$

- If you are driving the car more often that just a day or two, then the G is a far better ride (fit n finish, quality, etc)

- The G has better looks (matter of opinion)

- Infiniti Service > > > > > > > nissan service (worth mentioning)

- Performance is similar, apparently the Z has a slight edge in straight line power.......but some say the wheelbase on the G gives it the edge on a track

- Either way the VQ engine seems to handle boost well

Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Keep The ////\/\3