Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

outta state purhase. hmm what to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outta state purhase. hmm what to do?

im thinking about purchasing a car out of state from me and i was wondering what precautions to take. the car is priced at a great deal and i have carfaxed it(everything is fine) and in the pics that are shown, it looks very clean and in mint(he says "major" thing is a couple scratched on the pillar. on the driver side). the only thing im afraid of is if it is a scam or something of that sort. since im going to have him ship it to me. I found the car under autotrader.com and the supposed dealership that is selling the car.. i cant find through google, etc.. (Autos On Line Inc. located in Georgia).ive emailed him and he gave me a phone number, but i havent been able to call him yet. ANy thoughts?

Old 03-01-2006, 07:54 PM
If it's a dealer then you can look at the Better Business Bureau if it's legit. I did a purchase of out of state one time and I'm from NY and the guy is from DC, I had to drive all they way down there to see the car and make sure everything is ok, until you see the car I’ll be iffy about it. Try looking around your area, I rather pay a few hundred $$ more as long I feel comfortable.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
i would also pay a few hundred more $$$.. but the problem is there is no car with the same options or even close to same options for the same price in my area.. (chicago)

Old 03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
I sold an 03 Accord I used to own to a guy from North Dakota. He told me he would buy it if I took it to a local Honda dealership and had them do a visual inspection of it and document it on paper, then I faxed them that report. Have the seller do that if its a private seller, so you know the car is in good shape.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by VtecPMP
I sold an 03 Accord I used to own to a guy from North Dakota. He told me he would buy it if I took it to a local Honda dealership and had them do a visual inspection of it and document it on paper, then I faxed them that report. Have the seller do that if its a private seller, so you know the car is in good shape.
That's good advice. Offer to pay for the inspection so there is no reasonable way he could refuse you. If he does, then something may be up.
Run away....