Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

how to get approved to lease or buy being young

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to get approved to lease or buy being young

IM GOING CRAZY!!! LOL Went to the dealer twice to pick up my fully loaded 6mt ip g35 with navi on sunday and tuesday and both times we werent approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIrst my sister went and she's 22 with not that great credit score roughly 645 and also a car loan (purchased a new car about 5 months ago) and yeah NOT APPROVED! Then my friend at 27 yrs old with a credit score at about 645 going to co-sign for my sister guess what??? NOT APPROVED! He also has a car loan. WTF am I suppose to do!!?? lol PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME GOOD INFO! I actually turned 18 today make anywhere from 1500 to 2500 a month and been slowly building my credit for 6 months. Is there anyway I can get approved for lease?? or atleast buy??? If not I think I'm going to have to try and get a new 06 350z enthusiast as there somewhat cheaper and I might have a better chance of getting approved you think?? Also I have noooo one else to co-sign for me so...... THANX

Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
try getting a loan through capital one or a credit union

Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 PM
capital 1 gives loans for a lease???

Old 03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
You can lease through a number of financial institutions. (www.leasecompare.com) It's not the amount of credit that you have that is hurting your chances of getting approved.. Financial companies want a revolving credit history (recurring monthly payments for an extended amount of time) before they seriously consider leasing/buying possibilities for you.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Land Development Designer
I would go to a credit union. They tend to be willing to lend to anyone with a account in good standing. Oh and by the way min. fico score is 670 (for high intrest rate) and 730+ (for special insective rates they offer) when going through infiniti financial. Im only 22 and after they ran credit they told me to pick my favorite color and didnt even care about income. I bought a 2006 coupe loaded. hope this helps

Old 03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
^^^ so your saying I should go to my bank which I think is a credit union (wescom credit union) and tell them I want a loan to lease a car?? I Also have 15 thousand dollars (5k in cd and 10k in savings). I also had a credit card with them when since I was 17 1/2 and im 18 TODAY! lol So do you think they will lend me the loan under just my name??

Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm 19, my credit score was 716 when I got my loan approved.... I bought it through Capital One Auto Finance and put $10k down... just see if Capital One does Lease loans and such...

Old 03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
vstrizheus,

What APR % did you get with that score? (if you dont mind me asking).Thanks

Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 PM
im curious as well. I couldn't get a good score alone, had to co-sign with my father and i'm 22. With him I got a rate of 4.7% on a new 04.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Evil Bastard
maybe they're just racist.

A young [enter race here] just can't get a break from the man these days.

Why can't you have a parent co-sign for you? Even if you do get approved for a loan, you'll probably get shafted so hard on the interest rate that it won't even be worth it.

And this is none of my business, but seeing as this is the internet: Why are you buying a 35K+ car if you don't even break 3k a month? One day you're making enough to eek by, and the next, you're swallowing peepee for coca on the streets.

But enough of my preachings. For some reason, you're not going the easiest way, which is to get a co-signer who actually has credit. The stealership won't even approve you, which is kinda sad since they're the ones who want to sell you the car the most. Try E-loans.com (or something like that) and lending tree, and the various other online loan sites.

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
i think you need around 700 credit score in order to get approved... 6 month of credit history isnt much either... cant u get ur parents to co sign for u?

Old 03-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Disobayish
vstrizheus,

What APR % did you get with that score? (if you dont mind me asking).Thanks
Well I bought USED so the rate was higher... the best rate Capital One gives for a 72 month loan on a USED car was 7.29%, I got a 7.40%.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Well I bought USED so the rate was higher... the best rate Capital One gives for a 72 month loan on a USED car was 7.29%, I got a 7.40%.
yeh, i remember i saw a used coupe, rare when i bought my car, anyway it was for 29,000 but the rate i would have gotten was 7.0+%.. Ended up buying new with a much better rate.

Used rates suck !

Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmrsxs02
IM GOING CRAZY!!! LOL Went to the dealer twice to pick up my fully loaded 6mt ip g35 with navi on sunday and tuesday and both times we werent approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIrst my sister went and she's 22 with not that great credit score roughly 645 and also a car loan (purchased a new car about 5 months ago) and yeah NOT APPROVED! Then my friend at 27 yrs old with a credit score at about 645 going to co-sign for my sister guess what??? NOT APPROVED! He also has a car loan. WTF am I suppose to do!!?? lol PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME GOOD INFO! I actually turned 18 today make anywhere from 1500 to 2500 a month and been slowly building my credit for 6 months. Is there anyway I can get approved for lease?? or atleast buy??? If not I think I'm going to have to try and get a new 06 350z enthusiast as there somewhat cheaper and I might have a better chance of getting approved you think?? Also I have noooo one else to co-sign for me so...... THANX
Just curious.. how much is your insurance gonna be on a new coupe?

Old 03-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Well I actually have no bill whats so ever to pay besides a 40 dollars cell phone bill so.... and no I don't live with my parents I live with my cousin, who actually opened a few insurance offices which I think I make a respectable amount of money for working here for about 2 months and the office is a few months old and also we are going to start advertising every possible so business should pick up a lot more, as his other offices are making tons of money right now and this office is should make even more money which it was a bigger investment. So yeah I might go to my bank tomorrow and see if they do leases and if I could get approved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to get approved to lease or buy being young