Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

how to get approved to lease or buy being young

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have your solution

First and foremost, I had the same exact problem except that I had perfect cred it at the time when when I was 19 except that my credit history was still too new and you should have a credit history of at least 5 years before consideration. The one I picked out was an 05 coupe 6mt everything except navi at a total of 36K b4 taxes...not bad...I had half the money of the car to put down...no cosigner...no one wanted to sign for me as well as cosign....I was declined by 4 infiniti dealerships...so they recommended by a used one and paying it off really quick to build more credit and then come back for one in a year....so I considered buyin an 03 or 04 used with under 20k on the dash...now infiniti has horrible deals on their used cars so I looked at other dealerships at cars.com that had available coupes yet alone to find a used a 6mt...anyway, I found a toyota dealership that was willing to help me out, on top of that, toyota has their own financing company unlike most car companies, yet alone they are rated as one of the top financing companies for car loans....so if you are still desperately looking for a g35, settle for a used coupe with under 10 or 20k on the dash spending around $30k and build your credit up a lil more and pay off a good portion of the car note and then trade it in for a new one....thats your best bet...but thats my personal experience...They don't take you serious at all when tryin to purchase a 40K car at 18-20 years old. Unless you throw cash in their face or have liquid assets equivalent to the value of the car.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Use one of your parents. That is what i had to do

Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I actually went in yesterday with my mom as my cosigner and they went ahead and ran both of our credit history and they said my moms credit wouldn't help any (she messed it up in the passed) and my credit was approved!!!!! He said "lets go get your car" then he took me out to a used 06 with 556 miles on it and it was the ugliest colored car! It was a kind of light blue which I didn't like at all!!! we even went for a test drive in it and I just couldn't stand the color, nor my cousin and mom so..... I told them I only wanted IP or DG and they said they would have to contact some banks to see if they want to give me a loan for a brand new car instead of the used one which the had it marked up for 37k. So yeah I'd rather wait and try and get the IP

Old 03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Forgive the ignorance but what does IP mean? I'm guessing it's a color but I don't remember the color combos for the car... I had to get my mother to co-sign for me as well but it was more because of the fact that it had to be under her insurance (I pay for the insurance and everything of course!) because under my own it would be $6K/year and now it's only around $3K/year.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
IP = ivory pearl.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
^^^^ You can buy the car under your name and not be insured under the car. As long as the "car" is insured under someones name (suppose to be the primary drivers) it's okay. The only thing is you must be in the policy but EXCLUDED.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdmrsxs02
I actually went in yesterday with my mom as my cosigner and they went ahead and ran both of our credit history and they said my moms credit wouldn't help any (she messed it up in the passed) and my credit was approved!!!!! He said "lets go get your car" then he took me out to a used 06 with 556 miles on it and it was the ugliest colored car! It was a kind of light blue which I didn't like at all!!! we even went for a test drive in it and I just couldn't stand the color, nor my cousin and mom so..... I told them I only wanted IP or DG and they said they would have to contact some banks to see if they want to give me a loan for a brand new car instead of the used one which the had it marked up for 37k. So yeah I'd rather wait and try and get the IP
Hehehehe...Thats what I thought, it dosent really and wholey depends on your credit history but rather depends on how much you are willing to pay to get a car loan/lease ...You got apporved for a lease but its only good for that particular/excat car and nothing else? and lets see how fast their tone changes when you want to negotiate/haggles the price of that particular car ...boy! I really really like the dealership/car salesman more and more each and every day!

Just out of curiosity, did they happen to tell you what was the M/F(interest rate) were? and what were the terms?...I would've be very very carefull and make sure you read and understand everything before you SIGN any paperwork!...They usually try to find something wrong about your credit, like lack of history/accounts, length of residence/jobs and makes big deal out of it, just to plant some doubt in your mind about the financing side of the deal, they seem to work so hard to help you out of so called " credit situation" and they make themselfs look like an savior comes to your rescue, so hoping when they tells you that you are approved? you gets so excited, that you will forget about the price and terms...just be very carefull.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
you sound like an easy target for the salesman to take advantage of.

do a bit more research on purchasing price, financing options, and general credit/financing/interest info before purchasing... and please try other dealerships.

if you didn't know that a fico score of 645 is pretty poor, you should start doing some research before being too eagered to buy the car... at least dont appearso eager to the salesman. Going to the same person 4 times is a sure sign that you will be sold at a high markup or less than best financing options.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Well I wasnt approved for a lease what so ever so I was just going to end up buying. Also my credit score is 704 the other is 719 and trans is 675(has tons of wrong info on the credit beaural so.... Yeah I'm going to see what happens. I might just end up going for a used one