Canada Serving Canada.

Fun pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Has anyone ever seen videos of seals getting clubbed over the head?

Not sure if I could watch that.

+1 - sorry for the hijack

Old 07-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
Yeah, I agree it is necesary for food......and I also agree that trophy hunting is rather pathetic. I guess I am too much of an animal person to go out and kill an animal for the heck of it. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Has anyone ever seen videos of seals getting clubbed over the head? Man, that is just plain sad. I don't know how anyone could bring themselves to do that. Like I said, I guess I am just a big animal lover in general.

Btw Deane, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Sorry to thread jack, but is hunting bears even legal?! i have never understood the obession some people have with trophy hunting. I don't think it has anything to do with being an animal lover, it's just the whole point of it (or the lack of).

Hunting for "Sport" disgusts me.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I could be wrong, but as I recall, those shots of the bear are from a story out of Alaska where a very large bear encountered a lone camper. The camper had a pistol (bringing a knife to a gunfight), and fired a bunch of shots at the bear, but not enough to stop it from charging and ultimately killing/eating the camper. Once he was found, the rangers went out looking for the bear; found the large wounded bear, and shot it (as the pictures show). When they opened the bear, they found the campers leg inside.

Though I have also heard that this is an urban legend.

IF the bear was in a public campground and was a threat to other campers, then I suppose something had to be done.

That PETA video was pretty disturbing - though I wonder how truly 'humane' the entire beef/pork/poultry processing procedure is. I'm sure it has it's moments too.

I'm still a carnivore though.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:54 PM