Canada Serving Canada.

I HATE ALTA !! (long story)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikester
I leased both my G35 coupe and FX35 through Alta (very pleased with them in that regard) - but get it serviced at Doner Infiniti in Newmarket (who didn't want to play nice on the sales end of things) - since they (Doner) are around the corner from my house.

No complaints at all from their service - very helpful, always a nice loaner, etc. They did take more than one attempt to fix a shifter rattle issue, but that can happen at any service shop.

The service manager at Doner is Frank Brady, and Neil is a good service advisor to talk to.

Now that I've recommended them, watch - they'll mess up someone's car and I'll get flamed!

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your window.

Mike
+1 for Doner service... all good from my perspective as well.
The techs are great too...
I get my alignments done there because I can go into the shop & the techs tweek things until they're *exactly* what I want.
They're always interested to see what my latest is on the car as well.
Definitely

Last edited by InTgr8r; 10-20-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikesbikes
sorry to hear about your problem. i have the same grease mark issue with my windows. i just keep cleaning it. although i passed by yorkville infiniti and they offered to book me in to have it repaired under warranty. i never got it done just cause i'm afraid that they wouldn't get it back together properly and the door would rattle more or have some other issue. i just windex the crap out of it every month. having said that you might want to try another dealer like oakville infiniti. i've never had an issue with them... except they keep washing my car even though it's clean when i bring it in. and then it has water spots when i pick it up. but that's no biggie...
I bought my G from Agincourt and now am looking for a dealer closer to me for service. Oakville is the closest so I figured I would take it there and was wondering if you could recomend a good service manager or advisor there to speak to.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 10-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear your story B_willy. I hope you get justice!

Like bikesbikes says, I also haven't had any issues with Oakville Infiniti. I have so far, only gone for one service though. They do wash the car even though is sparkling clean!

But lebricon, that totally sucks. I'm 25 also, and if thats how they treated you, thats just horrible. Now I know. Try Oakville also.

Originally Posted by lepricon
Hey,

I had a bad experience with Alta as well. The service manager Rob ( I think was his name ) Is a condescending piece of crap. I am 25 years old and I felt like a second class citizen when I brought my G35 coupe in. I work as an elevator mechanic so I was in my work uniform, he asked me if this was my boss's car and then smirked when I acted offended?
I had arranged for a loaner car for the duration of the service visit ( passenger side window motor broken ) He then told me to take a seat. I waited for 30+ minutes for some idiot rental car lady to come and lend me a dirty *** cavalier.
In that 30 minutes of waiting 3 people in business suits came in to drop their car's off, surprise surprise they got a g35 loaner from the lot. I complained and basically was told the guy to complain too wasn't in that day. I am thinking of writing a letter to infiniti to complain about my experience with Alta. Infiniti has this silly slogan. Interested in Winning Customers for Life." I can assure you, that at ALta this is not the case. AVOID ALTA they don't deserve your business.

Dave

Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
PDT
Originally Posted by Mik3LL
I bought my G from Agincourt and now am looking for a dealer closer to me for service. Oakville is the closest so I figured I would take it there and was wondering if you could recomend a good service manager or advisor there to speak to.

Thanks,

Mike
I go to Oakville for service. I normally deal with Amory Ramroop. Great guy to deal with!

Old 10-20-2006, 03:51 PM
So I just heard back from Infiniti Canada and they are going to replace my tint at Alta. I want to see the look the service manager's face when I go in. This is will be the last time I deal with Alta. Thanks for all the input fellas !

Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by B_willy
So I just heard back from Infiniti Canada and they are going to replace my tint at Alta. I want to see the look the service manager's face when I go in. This is will be the last time I deal with Alta. Thanks for all the input fellas !
Good to hear, B_Willy......be nice at least b4 they fix your tint.....time enough for 'grumpy' after the job is done......

G/L
Colin

Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I've been to Willowdale and Agincourt and they were both TERRIBLE! I must say that of all the cars I've owned in my life....INFINITI has THE WORST service by far.I was treated like gold when I drove Chevy's and Pontiac's

Infiniti needs to do some serious training in their service departments.I wonder if anyone high up is listening?

Old 10-20-2006, 06:53 PM
After leaving Woodchester and going to Alta for a very short time, I have settled on Oakville and have nothing but good things to say, so far. Alta, after a long drawn out battle agreed to replace my cracked spoiler, then replaced it with a non-oem aftermarket spoiler that rattles everytime you close the trunk or rear doors.

Amory is definitely the best service advisor out there that I have dealt with. He actually listens to everything you say and treats you like a somebody.

When my lease is up I will definitely consider moving my business to Oakville.

Originally Posted by PDT
I go to Oakville for service. I normally deal with Amory Ramroop. Great guy to deal with!

Last edited by G-Force; 10-20-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I will have to say that I have had excellent service and the best negotiated discounts on my cars at Alta Infiniti. The sales rep was excellent. I also have sent four colleagues from work and they all have had excellent service. I have been very impressed with them and their service department.

I was treated like crap and offered very little discount at Agincourt Infiniti and the Infiniti at Yonge and Steele.....

Old 10-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Mik3LL

Thanks,

Mike

I've dealt with Amory in the past. But everyone there is pretty good. Only thing is I had to bring my own Motul the last time I was there.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by G-Force
After leaving Woodchester and going to Alta for a very short time, I have settled on Oakville and have nothing but good things to say, so far.
Did you know that the Woodchester & Oakville dealerships fall under the same owner...

My experience with Oakville has been a little hit & miss so far. I was speaking with a parts guy in Oakville, trying to get an understanding of what satellite related connections there were in the back of my stock Bose system, and he proceeded to adamantly tell me that there is no such thing as satellite radio for Canadians... in the year my car was released (expected) or even now! WTF?!? I wasn't even going to begin debating that with him... Next I call Woodchester with the same question and got my information. I told them about Oakville & the Woodchester guy was in complete amazement of the other guys response.

I have since dealt with Oakville for other parts & service issues to my satisfaction.

If you're looking for another option when having non-warranty work done in the West end, consider Mantis Motorsports in Oakville. These guys have been around for 25 years+ and will certainly give you the straight goods on how to set up your car properly. Their main focus is Porsche and BMW however they will gladly work on others. If you can, chat with Ernie the owner... he can be a bit of an odd character but he really knows his stuff.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow it makes me cringe when I hear stories like this on the board. It took me quite sometime to build a solid reputation at Yorkville, and now I am faced with same trials and tribulations at Mazda now. Its up to the owners and GM's to note and hear Infiniti owners - the staff off all the dealerships must understand the customer is priority Number 1. This is very hard to instill on service staff, when the general mentality is "So we loose another customer, we sold a new car to replace the missing one" - is unfortunately the general practice of most dealerships these days. Thats why now so many dealerships are going under. And why manufactures are cracking down on alot of the dealerships to be more proactive, and understading to customer concerns. Sigh......

At least they are going to replace the tint for you. Consequential damage from a failed component is generally not a manufactures responsibilty. Good show from Infiniti.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by QRAFTWERKZ
Wow it makes me cringe when I hear stories like this on the board. It took me quite sometime to build a solid reputation at Yorkville, and now I am faced with same trials and tribulations at Mazda now. Its up to the owners and GM's to note and hear Infiniti owners - the staff off all the dealerships must understand the customer is priority Number 1. This is very hard to instill on service staff, when the general mentality is "So we loose another customer, we sold a new car to replace the missing one" - is unfortunately the general practice of most dealerships these days. Thats why now so many dealerships are going under. And why manufactures are cracking down on alot of the dealerships to be more proactive, and understading to customer concerns. Sigh......

At least they are going to replace the tint for you. Consequential damage from a failed component is generally not a manufactures responsibilty. Good show from Infiniti.
Hi Jerry....
Unfortunately few service managers run their shop the way you did at Yorkville.
You are missed bro!!