Canada Serving Canada.

I HATE ALTA !! (long story)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I HATE ALTA !! (long story)

So where do I start. Ok, I brought my coupe in for service sometime in July because the passenger side window was creaking everytime it was being rolled back up. So they replaced the window guiding system or whatever it's called, under warranty. After I got home, I realized that there was a huge grease like stain on the passenger window (the one which they supposedley fixed). I thought no big deal, so I tried cleaning the stain. Didn't come off, so I went and bought every known window cleaning product ever produced. Still didn't come off. So I thought, maybe the next time I go back for service at the dealership maybe they can clean it off, since they caused it. Anyhow 3 services later, my driver side window started creaking too. So I brought it in 2 days ago so that they can replace the same thing on the driver side. When I went to pick up my car, they told me that the thing on my passenger side window (which I thought was a grease stain) was actually a huge burn. Apparently the guiding system for the window was not fixed properly and it burned the tint in my window. Making it look like a huge grease stain. So I figured, no big deal, since they caused it they would replace or fix the tint. WRONG !! they told me that it is not covered warranty because it's a aftermarket tint. I was pissed at this point, because it's not a aftermarket tint, it's from the factory. Anyhow arguing with this stupid looking service manager for about an hour. I thought to myself, this is enough, since they are not going to replace it, I wanted it in writing that they were not going to replace something they did wrong, but instead wanted me to pay for it out of my own pocket. So I called Infiniti head office this morning, and they are now investigating the case and would let me know something in a few days. Anyhow the service manager's name is Sam I believe and he's one smart *** ********cker. Felt like I needed to rant.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That sounds like a shame you're not getting satisfaction from the dealer. Hopefully Infiniti will help.

Can you explain the factory tint part? Do you mean the glass itself?

Old 10-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
That sounds like a shame you're not getting satisfaction from the dealer. Hopefully Infiniti will help.

Can you explain the factory tint part? Do you mean the glass itself?
+1

Sorry about your problem... it can be frustrating at times.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
+1

Sorry about your problem... it can be frustrating at times.

It's on the inside. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seems like it's on the actual window as opposed to the tint.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by B_willy
It's on the inside. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seems like it's on the actual window as opposed to the tint.
Sorry to hear that, man......as Ian says, " It can be frustrating at times...."

For now I'd suggest another dealer since you won't get too far with the present one.

I wish you luck.

Colin.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
PDT
Sorry to hear, and hopefully Infiniti comes through. The repair they made caused the burn.

Did the dealership install the tint for you when you took delivery? I thought no car came tinted from the factory.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 PM
i had a similar problem where my window motor assembly came loose and scratched my tint, i didnt even have to mention it they told me that they would be replacing the tint and this was alta infiniti also

Old 10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by infinite04
i had a similar problem where my window motor assembly came loose and scratched my tint, i didnt even have to mention it they told me that they would be replacing the tint and this was alta infiniti also
hmmm maybe they've just done too many & Infiniti isn't picking up the tab for the tints anymore.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
hmmm maybe they've just done too many & Infiniti isn't picking up the tab for the tints anymore.
possibly

Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 PM
My last service produces swirl marks on the paint when they washed the car, grease marks on the interior roof fabric and a chip out of the paint on my rear bumper when they put my winters in my trunk.

I avoid taking it in for any reason at all because the $10/hr employees just don't care.

Sure I could ask them to fix these things but how many more are going to happen?

Now I have 2 more rattles that I'm scared to get fixed.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
sorry to hear about your problem. i have the same grease mark issue with my windows. i just keep cleaning it. although i passed by yorkville infiniti and they offered to book me in to have it repaired under warranty. i never got it done just cause i'm afraid that they wouldn't get it back together properly and the door would rattle more or have some other issue. i just windex the crap out of it every month. having said that you might want to try another dealer like oakville infiniti. i've never had an issue with them... except they keep washing my car even though it's clean when i bring it in. and then it has water spots when i pick it up. but that's no biggie...

Old 10-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by bikesbikes
sorry to hear about your problem. i have the same grease mark issue with my windows. i just keep cleaning it. although i passed by yorkville infiniti and they offered to book me in to have it repaired under warranty. i never got it done just cause i'm afraid that they wouldn't get it back together properly and the door would rattle more or have some other issue. i just windex the crap out of it every month. having said that you might want to try another dealer like oakville infiniti. i've never had an issue with them... except they keep washing my car even though it's clean when i bring it in. and then it has water spots when i pick it up. but that's no biggie...
Thanks for the suggestion. Wouldn't mind trying them out, it's just that they're a little far from me. I live in Thornhill .. lol

Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey,

I had a bad experience with Alta as well. The service manager Rob ( I think was his name ) Is a condescending piece of crap. I am 25 years old and I felt like a second class citizen when I brought my G35 coupe in. I work as an elevator mechanic so I was in my work uniform, he asked me if this was my boss's car and then smirked when I acted offended?
I had arranged for a loaner car for the duration of the service visit ( passenger side window motor broken ) He then told me to take a seat. I waited for 30+ minutes for some idiot rental car lady to come and lend me a dirty *** cavalier.
In that 30 minutes of waiting 3 people in business suits came in to drop their car's off, surprise surprise they got a g35 loaner from the lot. I complained and basically was told the guy to complain too wasn't in that day. I am thinking of writing a letter to infiniti to complain about my experience with Alta. Infiniti has this silly slogan. Interested in Winning Customers for Life." I can assure you, that at ALta this is not the case. AVOID ALTA they don't deserve your business.

Dave

Old 10-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by B_willy
Thanks for the suggestion. Wouldn't mind trying them out, it's just that they're a little far from me. I live in Thornhill .. lol

I know what you mean. I make the trek out there and I live in Richmond Hill.
Oddly enough I've also had good service from Agincourt. I know I've heard some horror stories about them but I've never had any issues.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I leased both my G35 coupe and FX35 through Alta (very pleased with them in that regard) - but get it serviced at Doner Infiniti in Newmarket (who didn't want to play nice on the sales end of things) - since they (Doner) are around the corner from my house.

No complaints at all from their service - very helpful, always a nice loaner, etc. They did take more than one attempt to fix a shifter rattle issue, but that can happen at any service shop.

The service manager at Doner is Frank Brady, and Neil is a good service advisor to talk to.

Now that I've recommended them, watch - they'll mess up someone's car and I'll get flamed!

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your window.

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I HATE ALTA !! (long story)