Canada Serving Canada.

Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The Z's looking real nice, Joel, but yeah, that 'white stuff' beside the driveway isn't very pretty.....

LOL, hope you get more sun for more pics.
C.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 PM
BMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys, judging from the time of your posts, I must have inadvertently hit "submit" before I had completely finished my post. So I had to go back and edit the post to add the remaining pics. I probably only had one pic up when you guys first viewed my update. Anyway, there are more pics up now.

As for the snow, I would be very happy if it stayed in the mountains and simply bypassed Calgary altogether!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice Joel. The pics I'm sure don't do justice due to lighting and your drive. I love that car.

PS I see the Piaas hiding in the garage.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
BMC
Thanks Deane. Yeah the PIAA's are hiding out in the garage until I get off my fat butt and get the flat tire off of my left front wheel and have the new Michelin Pilot A/S mounted. I will try to see to that this weekend. Then I'll get a chance to try out my new trolley jack - it's a heavy sucker, about 100 lbs - but it's perfect for lowered cars. It goes as low as 2 3/4" and is rated up to 2 tonnes.

I agree - the pics don't do the car justic due to the poor lighting and my terrible camera skills. But at least I can enjoy the view up close and in person in the meantime while I wait for sunnier skies.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 AM
O.F. Administrator
Sorry Joel, we cut in b4 you finished posting......
Those after pics are stunning....kudos to Jed for doing such a fine job.

C.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
BMC
Just practicing with my newly acquired SLR Nikon D70s. I convinced my wife that I would take a ton of pictures of our new addition when he enters the world next April, but for now I thought I'd practice on my car ha ha ha ha

A big difference in photoquality compared to the earlier shots with my Canon Elph SD450 point and shooter. A couple of the shots were taken in auto-mode (hence the flash), while the others were taken with the garage door open, and the garage light bulbs on, and no flash. Virtually all of my pre-swirl marks on my clear coat are gone. I sound like a broken record, but I'm still holding out for nice warm chinook wind to melt all the snow and for the sun to shine. Then I can put this digital SLR through its paces.

http://members.shaw.ca/riderbmc/350Z.html

Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Rated M

Lovely car that just needs a nicer setting for your pics! G/L with the Chinook. We've been the Canadian hot spot for quite a while now however lots of wet stuff coming with it too. It's 11 now going to 14 and we may hit 20 by week end.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Joel smooth trick for getting the nod for the camera . You will be able to get awesome pics now. The car looks sweet in the small pics. It will be nice when you can get some full shots with a nice background as Deane says.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM
BMC
Originally Posted by RBull
Lovely car that just needs a nicer setting for your pics! G/L with the Chinook. We've been the Canadian hot spot for quite a while now however lots of wet stuff coming with it too. It's 11 now going to 14 and we may hit 20 by week end.
11? 14? 20? Aaargh - shoot some of that nice weather out West to Cowtown! ha ha ha

Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by BMC
11? 14? 20? Aaargh - shoot some of that nice weather out West to Cowtown! ha ha ha
We don't have those balmy temps either, right now it has shot up to a high of 5.7 C .

Old 11-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC

Wish I could Joel as long as it's not at our expense.
Yeah we'll take it when we can get it. 14 right now at 3) Like everywhere it can change quickly though. I've still got the G on the road for another 3 weeks or so.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Wish I could Joel as long as it's not at our expense.
Yeah we'll take it when we can get it. 14 right now at 3) Like everywhere it can change quickly though. I've still got the G on the road for another 3 weeks or so.
Glad to hear that you're getting some decent weather out there, Deane.
Around here, it's been cloudy and wet for weeks with very little sun.
Rather depressing .

Enjoy it while it lasts.
C.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
BMC
The temperatures have been mild lately and most, but not all of the snow has gone away. The sun peeked through a little bit in our area so I jumped at the chance of snapping a few quick pics, this time with the aftermarket shoes. Still not the best pics, but at least the car is back to looking how I want it to look. I resisted the temptation to go for a blast - the car has been looking so damn clean lately and I plan to leave it that way for the winter. Oh well, April will be here soon...

Even better news is that I should be taking delivery of our Pathfinder LE this Monday or Tuesday.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
OOOOOOOOO that looks so nice Joel

Old 11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
NOW... that's what I'm talkin 'bout....
That looks amazing Joel

I'd love to hear your comments on the T1Rs after you've had a few klicks on them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!