Canada Serving Canada.

Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
BMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!

Well, our Calgary weather didn't get the 15 C temperatures we were hoping for yesterday (typical Calgary - the forecast can change on an hourly basis) but today it is supposed to sit at about 9 C during afternoon.

I've cleaned out my garage, I've "evicted" my wife's RAV4 and parked it outside on the driveway , and the Z is proudly parked right in the centre of the garage. Jed from Mobile Reflections is coming here in a few hours to give my Z the full exterior and interior detailing treatment. He expects it to take about 7 to 9 hours and if time permits, he will also give my 19" Super Rozza's a good cleaning as well (my stock 18's are sitting on the car right now). Judging from his website, it looks like he's done some miracles on a G coupe as well as a G sedan and is mindful of the "soft paint" that Nissan uses on their vehicles.

By the time he's done, the sun will have come down and it will be too late for some daylight pics, but weather permitting I'll post some later during the week.

I haven't gotten around to getting the replacement rubber mounted on the my PIAA wheel (blew out my left front tire about a month and half ago) but perhaps I'll get that done later this week. The stock 18's look anemic. The +25 offset on the PIAA's and the wider rubber help give the Z a more aggressive looking stance.

Wish me (and my Z) luck! Hoping for a good result today.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey good luck. Sounds like you've got a guy that knows what he's doing. Can't wait to see the results.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Have fun with the the special "Z day" today Joel.
Look forward to seeing the pics.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hope the weather holds out for your detailing day, Joel....If it's anything like here in southern Ontario, it's not a bad day at all..
Have fun and post up pics when she's done.
C.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:31 PM
BMC
Thanks guys.

Jed just arrived. Just wanted to show you the miracle that he produced on someone else's G coupe:

BEFORE - pretty deep swirls....

AFTER - WOW!

I'd like to think that my Z is nowhere near the shape of that BEFORE picture, but I'm sure the clearcoat has its fair share of contaminants and could use a good clay job etc.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Impressive Joel, I can hardly wait to see that Z of yours after her detail.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Looking forward to your before and afters BMC. Good luck.
Send out a pic of the 19's as well, eh.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by whatacar
Looking forward to your before and afters BMC. Good luck.
Send out a pic of the 19's as well, eh.
Damn, Sam, that 'after' shot looks just like yours after Kevin's 'touch'.....Great job, Joel, hope your's is as good too....

C.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Wow, that is an amazing job..

Old 11-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Rated M

D*** that black coupe is nasty with swirls. It looks like a miracle happened in the after shot.

Hope yours turns out like that Joel.

Deane

Old 11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
BMC
Originally Posted by RBull
D*** that black coupe is nasty with swirls. It looks like a miracle happened in the after shot.

Hope yours turns out like that Joel.

Deane
Well the Z is definitely on its way - Jed's been hard at work all afternoon - he used a rinseless wash technique and also went to town on the interior and BOTH sets of my wheels. He had started off with cleaning my brake dust caked OEM's and after I had come back from some errands he had also cleaned my Super Rozza's so that they would be ready for next spring. He has these neat rinse buckets with a grit catchers on the bottom - one of the buckets was for the wash solution and one bucket was dedicated for rinsing. He also has about 4 or 5 bins of various product, clay, MF wash mitts and cloths, and the various pads for the PC. He didn't mind me poking around asking him a bunch of questions, and even showed me how to clay my car (something I have never done and should have done a long time ago). I know, I know, it's not that hard of a thing to do, but I have to admit I get gunshy when it comes to anything having to do with touching the car's paint. It's amazing how much smoother the paint feels after the contaminants are removed from the clearcoat.

He's off to Tim Horton's for a late lunch break and then it's he's going to work on making the exterior look pristine.

Bad news for that black G coupe I posted earlier - apparently someone keyed up the car pretty badly post-detail. So the owner's enjoyment of Jed's "miracle" was short-lived...

Yeesh.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC
Well the Z is definitely on its way - Jed's been hard at work all afternoon - he used a rinseless wash technique and also went to town on the interior and BOTH sets of my wheels. He had started off with cleaning my brake dust caked OEM's and after I had come back from some errands he had also cleaned my Super Rozza's so that they would be ready for next spring. He has these neat rinse buckets with a grit catchers on the bottom - one of the buckets was for the wash solution and one bucket was dedicated for rinsing. He also has about 4 or 5 bins of various product, clay, MF wash mitts and cloths, and the various pads for the PC. He didn't mind me poking around asking him a bunch of questions, and even showed me how to clay my car (something I have never done and should have done a long time ago). I know, I know, it's not that hard of a thing to do, but I have to admit I get gunshy when it comes to anything having to do with touching the car's paint. It's amazing how much smoother the paint feels after the contaminants are removed from the clearcoat.

He's off to Tim Horton's for a late lunch break and then it's he's going to work on making the exterior look pristine.

Bad news for that black G coupe I posted earlier - apparently someone keyed up the car pretty badly post-detail. So the owner's enjoyment of Jed's "miracle" was short-lived...

Yeesh.
Ohhh that's horrible for the black G owner. Mine was keyed about 3 weeks after I got it so I understand.

Yours will be great. Please do yourself a favour and go to the detailing forum FAQ. Kevin (picus112) has a fantastic how to on all detailing aspects. I thought I knew something about this stuff but learned so much and brought mine back to life myself.... after the lessons from a pro.https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...10#post1245710

Here's proof. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...hon+pc+session

Hope you're happy with the finished product on that gorgeous Z. Sound like you will be.

Deane

Last edited by RBull; 11-05-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by BMC

Yeesh.
Sounds like yours is coming along nicely, Joel....I'll bet it's pretty tight when he's done.......

Sorry to hear that the Black Coupe got keyed.....Some people just have no respect for other people's property or themselves.....

Let's hope Jed can work another miracle on it..... , and that the 'perpetrator' gets infested with the fleas of a thousand camels (as Johnny Carson would say)....

C.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Msedanman
and that the 'perpetrator' gets infested with the fleas of a thousand camels (as Johnny Carson would say)....

C.
LOL ROFLMFAO

I remember many years ago hearing Carson saying that live. It was hillarious..

Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
LOL ROFLMFAO

I remember many years ago hearing Carson saying that live. It was hillarious..
hahaha... me too, Carson was priceless; loved his delivery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!