Canada Serving Canada.

Yorkville service advisors and managers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 Oakville, was just there today and Amory is THE guy.

Slight mix up with paperwork and they forgot my car, spoke to Amory after 45 minutes waiting and he jumped all over it and got the oil changed and me out in 20 minutes.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Don't even get me started with Yorkville....yipes...anyone who takes a G there is begging for trouble...I had soooo many problems with them that I just gave up with them and switched to Oakville infiniti. They even made me pay for issues under warranty (i had engine throttle problems they said I had to pay for then I took it to Oakville and they fixed it up nice for free AND they even fixed a seat problem without me even asking them). Don't even get me started about my scratched Calipers...

Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
downtown nissan just closed

i'll pass on yorkville infiniti and instead drive up to avenue nissan for service.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
downtown nissan just closed
That's too bad... their service dept. was really good.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Infiniti G35 4 doors sedan
Originally Posted by GTA_6speed
I second that statement. I recently took over a gentleman's lease and the paperwork had to be run through the dealership where the car was initially purchased: Yorkville. I have NEVER been treated so poorly by a car delearship. When i first got there and asked to speak to the manager, he had the nerve to ask the receptionist who i was and what i wanted, while i was standing right there! It left a horrible taste in my mouth and I will never do business with them again. Note: William Wong, the leasing "consultant" is especially unpleasant!
I understand that as a 22 year old male, one might assume that I was simply going to the delearship as a test pilot. However, the deal was already done and I was simply asking them to complete the paperwork for a $500 CAD fee! Perhaps they should not judge younger males so quickly as they are quickly permanently losing their future target market!

-Andrew
It has nothing to do with your age, Andrew. I am older than you and my experience at Yorkville Infiniti was not a pleasant one either, to say the least. I have to agree on what you are specifically saying about William Wong - I got the same impression when I was buying my car there. So for maintenance and oil change I am going to Oakville Infinity (40-50 min driving for me), service there is up to the level you can expect... but you still have to find a good service manager to avoid any disappointments...

Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Very interesting to see that others have had similar experiences. I could understand if their behaviour was directed to us younger buyers but it makes it much worse that this is a common sentiment from many customers. I too will be making the trip out to Oakville. Some friendly service will be a welcome change to what was toleraded at Yorkville!!

Last edited by GTA_6speed; 12-01-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA_6speed
Very interesting to see that others have had similar experiences. I could understand if their behaviour was directed to us younger buyers but it makes it much worse that this is a common sentiment from many customers. I too will be making the trip out to Oakville. Some friendly service will be a welcome change to what was tolerance at Yorkville!!
I gave Yorkville more than a fair shake...

I called them up and got some idiot on the phone who was rude and useless. I complained to the service manager and got an apology and better response. However, even after escalating to the service manager I found the general atmosphere and employee attitude to be lacking in urgency and professional courtesy.

Also, the place is a dump... the kind of garage I'd take my beater to.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
I gave Yorkville more than a fair shake...

I called them up and got some idiot on the phone who was rude and useless. I complained to the service manager and got an apology and better response. However, even after escalating to the service manager I found the general atmosphere and employee attitude to be lacking in urgency and professional courtesy.

Also, the place is a dump... the kind of garage I'd take my beater to.
+1
Place looks more like a black market chop shop than a luxtury service centre, and i think they park their customers cars across the street on an UNPAVED and rocky foundation, which needless to say that lot is open for major scratches and dings

Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Is it really that hard to find and hire honest to goodness, professional customer service people?

Is it because good ones just immediately flock to high-fashion, high-commission retailers?

Gonna book an appointment with Willowdale, wish me luck!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My guess is that they've had good people who held the place together......Good people like Jerry who cared and did his best to do the right thing and treat his customers like human beings....

But we all know what poor management/ownership can do.............

Gradually these people move on to better places where they are appreciated more and their future is much brighter (and they don't have to beat their head against the wall to get things done.)

What's left? A poorly trained crew needing direction and good management that really don't know people management let alone car repairs or anything else.

It's a shame ..... You'd think management cared about pleasing people by looking after their investment, their return business, their reputation, and of course making money.....

It doesn't add up to me. It's a lousy way to treat people and their expensive cars...........Does Infiniti/Nissan turn a blind eye to this problem?
If so, then it's as much their problem as it is Y's.

C.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Past Experience: Back when they were downtown fine cars selling Audi and Porsche I took my Coupe Quattro in to get the front bumper replaced as it was torn off by a car trying to park. They contract their work out to a body shop nearby(cant remember). 2 weeks later I check on the car at the body shop and it's all scratched up and had some work done to it in the rear. As if it got into an accident. How do I know? 1. New weld spots for rear tow hook 2. Repaired rear quarter panel. I pampered her so anything new I would notice. I also find personal affects in car (gift bag) not mine, 2 carpark tickets for Saturday nights . I complained to the general manager and my insurance company, and had a face to face meeting with downtown GM and body shop owner (found out later he is black listed by some insurance companies) I was assured I would get my car back soon and in good condition, and that the car was not being used. The gift bag and tickets apparently belonged to the owner and some lacky put them in my car accidentally. 2 weeks later I get my car back. In the mean time, I actually asked the parking company to send me copies of the other half of the tickets that they keep, and what do you know. My licence plate is on the half of the ticket stubs that they keep. When I get my car back. I tell the GM that in fact my car was being driven around and that he and the body shop owner are f@cking a$$hole lying m*ther****ers. I tell him that this story along with my proof would be in the papers. He actually looked like he was going to cry. Not sure of they have the same ownership or partnership but just thought I'd share my experience here. Sorry for the novel.

Back to original post: I took my FX45 in for a TSB (loose body panel bolts) to Agincourt. Fix lasted for a week. Noises came back. Took it into Yorkville and they fixed it permanently. Did complain to them that the loaner G35 I got from them was very dirty. Dust through interior, foot prints on dash and windows . That's when I fell in love with the G sedan. Handled very similar to a German car.

Last edited by jobe; 12-01-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jobe
Past Experience: Back when they were downtown fine cars selling Audi and Porsche I took my Coupe Quattro in to get the front bumper replaced as it was torn off by a car trying to park. They contract their work out to a body shop nearby(cant remember). 2 weeks later I check on the car at the body shop and it's all scratched up and had some work done to it in the rear. As if it got into an accident. How do I know? 1. New weld spots for rear tow hook 2. Repaired rear quarter panel. I pampered her so anything new I would notice. I also find personal affects in car (gift bag) not mine, 2 carpark tickets for Saturday nights . I complained to the general manager and my insurance company, and had a face to face meeting with downtown GM and body shop owner (found out later he is black listed by some insurance companies) I was assured I would get my car back soon and in good condition, and that the car was not being used. The gift bag and tickets apparently belonged to the owner and some lacky put them in my car accidentally. 2 weeks later I get my car back. In the mean time, I actually asked the parking company to send me copies of the other half of the tickets that they keep, and what do you know. My licence plate is on the half of the ticket stubs that they keep. When I get my car back. I tell the GM that in fact my car was being driven around and that he and the body shop owner are f@cking a$$hole lying m*ther****ers. I tell him that this story along with my proof would be in the papers. He actually looked like he was going to cry. Not sure of they have the same ownership or partnership but just thought I'd share my experience here. Sorry for the novel.

Back to original post: I took my FX45 in for a TSB (loose body panel bolts) to Agincourt. Fix lasted for a week. Noises came back. Took it into Yorkville and they fixed it permanently. Did complain to them that the loaner G35 I got from them was very dirty. Dust through interior, foot prints on dash and windows . That's when I fell in love with the G sedan. Handled very similar to a German car.
I actually have similar experience that Yorkville did fix up a lot of small problems in my car; however, it is the lack of management and proper customer service that kills me big time...

The managed to scrap the bottom of my car right in front of me when I had just told them to watch out for it

Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Someone should send this post to infiniti Canada...I would but I lost my contact there...

Old 12-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Infiniti Canada needs to do what Infiniti did in the U.S, and largely detach itself from Nissan dealerships. No offense to Nissan owners, but part of why you buy an Infiniti is that it is a luxury marquee, and the service should reflect that.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Ok just went to Oakville this morning and the 30 min drive was worth. Danny the assistant service manager was superb... Thanks for all your comments. Will take my car there going forward!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yorkville service advisors and managers