Canada Serving Canada.

Rattling fix and stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Rattling fix and stuff

I guess it is time for me to get my rattlings to be fixed (+ occasions of can't fill up my tank to the top & my rocking/creaking seat); does anyone have any recommendation of which dealership to go to?

I know that some forum members in US like to print out the actual bulletin and communicate to their dealerships using that... but I haven't heard anyone in Canada who has done that.

any recommendations? I would really want to get most of the rattling problems fixed before warranty ends.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by godmans
I guess it is time for me to get my rattlings to be fixed (+ occasions of can't fill up my tank to the top & my rocking/creaking seat); does anyone have any recommendation of which dealership to go to?

I know that some forum members in US like to print out the actual bulletin and communicate to their dealerships using that... but I haven't heard anyone in Canada who has done that.

any recommendations? I would really want to get most of the rattling problems fixed before warranty ends.
Check of all the Bulletins and Recalls here:
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...escription.htm

and make the necessary copies. I would.....Having proof with you may help jog sketchy memories....

As far as where.....If I were you, I'd go to Oakville. From what I've heard and my experience with them, they get good Brownie Points.......

That Infiniti site is very handy.....and I believe the data applies to Canadian models too.....add it to your Favourites browser.... for future reference too.

C.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Check of all the Bulletins and Recalls here:
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...escription.htm

and make the necessary copies. I would.....Having proof with you may help jog sketchy memories....

As far as where.....If I were you, I'd go to Oakville. From what I've heard and my experience with them, they get good Brownie Points.......

That Infiniti site is very handy.....and I believe the data applies to Canadian models too.....add it to your Favourites browser.... for future reference too.

C.
Thanks alot Collin, I have actually been pulling stuff from that site for quite awhile but have never taken any physical copies to a dealership for fix and stuff... I thought it might be a bit weird.

As far as Oakville goes, I have been to there once and loved it, the only problem being is that I now work at Whitby (commuting sux), and will be almost impossible for me to go service my car at Oakville unless if I take a day off; just wondering if there is any other good eastern alternatives =)

Last edited by godmans; 11-26-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks alot Collins, I have actually been pulling stuff from that site for quite awhile but have never taken any physical copies to a dealership for fix and stuff... I thought it might be a bit weird.

As far as Oakville goes, I have been to there once and loved it, the only problem being is that I now work at Whitby (commuting sux), and will be almost impossible for me to go service my car at Oakville unless if I take a day off; just wondering if there is any other good eastern alternatives =)
There are a few members who live out that way, like SammyJL who may know of a closer (good) dealer.
You don't have to walk in and show the copies of recalls and bulletins, but they may be very handy if proof is needed, or if someone is unfamiliar with an issue you have.

G/L

C.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
There are a few members who live out that way, like SammyJL who may know of a closer (good) dealer.
You don't have to walk in and show the copies of recalls and bulletins, but they may be very handy if proof is needed, or if someone is unfamiliar with an issue you have.

G/L

C.
Thanks again Collin, hope someone can chime in on preferred eastern dealerships

Old 11-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever u do, just do it quick!! I went in to ask about a rattling at my back top shelf, and they completely knew it was a bullentain and a problem but said that my "rattling or sound warranty expired in 2 years" car bought jan 2004) so that i would be charged for it, kinda unhappy with that but they did a lot of other things for me for free.......

like a new tranny, new stabilizar bar bushings, new motor for passenger seat

Old 11-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by netcbc
Whatever u do, just do it quick!! I went in to ask about a rattling at my back top shelf, and they completely knew it was a bullentain and a problem but said that my "rattling or sound warranty expired in 2 years" car bought jan 2004) so that i would be charged for it, kinda unhappy with that but they did a lot of other things for me for free.......

like a new tranny, new stabilizar bar bushings, new motor for passenger seat
Ahhh, are you serious? my car is a 2004 too...
Would you mind if you can please let us know which dealership said this to you?

Last edited by godmans; 11-27-2006 at 10:15 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
It was Agincourt, it in a way they told me it, it was the tone of "we ain't fixing anything for you for free anymore buddy"...

they said it's in the manual, i couldn't really make here nor there of the warranty section though.....

Old 11-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by netcbc
It was Agincourt, it in a way they told me it, it was the tone of "we ain't fixing anything for you for free anymore buddy"...

they said it's in the manual, i couldn't really make here nor there of the warranty section though.....
Oh shxt, because of where I work now, my only choice is Agincourt...Oh well, I felt screwed up for both of my last two visits...

I don't even ask about window rattling problem anymore when their 06 loaner rattle even worse than my 04 lol
at least shows that I take good care of my beater =)

Last edited by godmans; 11-28-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always take a copy of the TSB's into the dealer (Woodchester), so they know they can't BS me.

Woodchester just fix my rocking seat too, after three time..They just got a New Service Manager.

Bram

Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bram
I always take a copy of the TSB's into the dealer (Woodchester), so they know they can't BS me.

Woodchester just fix my rocking seat too, after three time..They just got a New Service Manager.

Bram
Thanks for the info guys, I should really take a day off to go back to Oakville to service my stupid rocking seat...

I hate Agincourt now.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
yea agincourt goes by the book with fixes, unless u've done a ton of servicing and have been there for a while.... give and take situation i guess