Canada Serving Canada.

Paintless dent repair recommedations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks guys. I actually said "serenity now" outloud.

Ian - that Laird one is like 10 min away, maybe I will check them out. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I was just buffing away and got all the paint xfer off, and most of the scratches. There are two rather deep ones, I'm deciding whether they bother me enough to break out the rotary.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Thanks guys. I actually said "serenity now" outloud.
Hahaha.....I can hear George saying that now! Like Ian, I probably wouldn't of been able to keep my cool to well either.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:05 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well that sucks ***** big time Kevin...
Some people just don't have clue one........
You were lucky to catch her doing her 'deed'.....Usually you don't, and then see the damage days later and have no idea where or when.

Glad to hear you stayed cool even in the face of her non-accountability.

Makes you wonder what other damage she's done in the wake of her 'bumper car' escapades in parking lots...JC..

G/L with repairs-- thankfully it sounds like you can get it fixed up (with a little more time, $$$, and inconvenience. )

C.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the dent worse then my the line u saw on the back of my car?

btw sorry to hear.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
PDT
Sorry to hear Kevin. Let me know how it goes, I still have to get some dents I got from a shopping cart fixed.

Thanks to the other guys for posting the links to places they have used.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by 888
is the dent worse then my the line u saw on the back of my car?

btw sorry to hear.
Ya, mine is a bit worse.

I just went to Dent Doctor, he says he can't do it. I am going to try Dent Wizard.

To make my day even more awesome I got pulled over for no front plate. Yay, $110 ticket. I love Toronto!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
bummer.... maybe that's your ticket for the year.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Staff ALUMNI
I hope so. Now I have to decide how I want to mount this plate. I have a body colored plate holder, but I might just bolt it on through the honeycomb underneath..

Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Traveling Administrator
Ya, mine is a bit worse.

I just went to Dent Doctor, he says he can't do it. I am going to try Dent Wizard.

To make my day even more awesome I got pulled over for no front plate. Yay, $110 ticket. I love Toronto!
Jeez, when it rains it pours Kevin.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ya, mine is a bit worse.

Yech.

G/L with the dent.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI
It's my own fault on the plate thing, I knew it would happen eventually. I figured I'd get a fix it, but the cop was obviously in a bad mood. I don't mind the ticket, I just wish the police officers in this town weren't such ****** to people. Want to pull me over and write me a ticket for something I did wrong? Fine. Want to harass me and make me sit in my car forr 45 minutes while you write a $110 ticket...? Whatever. The guy actually said (I thought this only happened in cliche movies); "how's a kid like you manage to pay for a car like this?". What am I supposed to say, "You caught me, I'm a 16 year old drug dealer"?

I must have crappy karma!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
The guy actually said (I thought this only happened in cliche movies); "how's a kid like you manage to pay for a car like this?". What am I supposed to say, "You caught me, I'm a 16 year old drug dealer"?
None of his damn business how you afford it. How did you actually reply to him?

Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's my own fault on the plate thing, I knew it would happen eventually. I figured I'd get a fix it, but the cop was obviously in a bad mood. I don't mind the ticket, I just wish the police officers in this town weren't such ****** to people. Want to pull me over and write me a ticket for something I did wrong? Fine. Want to harass me and make me sit in my car forr 45 minutes while you write a $110 ticket...? Whatever. The guy actually said (I thought this only happened in cliche movies); "how's a kid like you manage to pay for a car like this?". What am I supposed to say, "You caught me, I'm a 16 year old drug dealer"?

I must have crappy karma!
The plate thing for sure...you knew that was a ticking time bomb. Same as my illegal tint here.

The waiting game. It's a power thing, a way of inconveniencing you while he's being paid and killing time. The affordability/age question - none of his business

You can't win with an on duty cop though.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:49 PM
You should have told the cop that some dumb a$$ lady in a SUV "bumped" your plate off in the parking lot...

Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI
When he asked me the question it seemed pretty rhetorical, all I said is that I work hard (and added, "paying your salary" under my breath!).

He was just in a bad mood, you know the type. I guess I can't blame him, I'd be in a bad mood if I was a cop too. I was a little irked he made me wait so long.

I really do have a ton of respect for cops, but I do sometimes wonder why they spend so much time bothering people with stupid things like missing plates. Oh well.

Anyway I went to home depot, got some 5/16's 2" machine screws, some nuts and washers, and fashioned a pretty nifty little plate holder. It doesn't look bad and no holes; it's tight too. My only concern is it's sort of in front of the FMIC, but I think I will be ok.

OHHHHH, I also showed the car to a Dent Wizard tech (says he's been doing this 20 years) and he says he is sure he can make it "at least 95% better", so I go in Monday at 2pm. Cross your fingers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair recommedations?