Canada Serving Canada.

Paintless dent repair recommedations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Paintless dent repair recommedations?

Don't even ask, I'm too furious. The guy I normally go to moved to Vancouver; so hit me with some recommendations please!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kevin, and that I don't know anyone in the area.

I do know the Canadian GM for Dent Wizard who is based out of Halifax but that won't do you any good. I do know they have excellent training in the US for all of their staff. Ask a couple of dealers. They're the best source. I know all the best guys around here.

G/L

Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh man, I'm not asking but I feel your pain.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Thanks guys - Deane, there is a Dent Wizard in Oakville, I will call them tomorrow.

I'm less furious now haha. I was at the grocery store (of course), come out and I see my car moving.. like rocking. So I am like WTF... I walk over and this big SUV is pushing it so she could get into the spot next to me... So I bang on her window and say "hey, you're hitting my car", so she backs up, gets out and says "there's no damage".... no sorry or anything. So lucky me, I have my brinkman (it's a hand held Xenon light I use to find scratches on cars), so I point it at the spot and of course there are scratches, paint transfer etc. So I said "looks like some damage to me", but I wasn't too mad because I knew I could remove it... But then she made the big mistake, she said the worst thing you could say to me, ever. "It's just a car".

So I told her she would be paying for me to have it fixed (I hadnt even seen the dent yet), she says no, I said ok I'm calling the police... So then she gets more friendly, says she'll give me $20. I'm walking around and notice the dent now... so now I'm mad. I said I'm going to need to have the dent popped out (and of course she says "what dent?"...ya right), so in the end she gave me $150 and I get to spend a couple hours buffing it, and probably $100 on PDR.

Some people man. I guess it was bound to happen; just glad I caught her. I know for sure she would have just driven off had I not.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a filthy fukin wh0re... should have murdered her on the spot after the "its just a car" comment

Old 01-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Well I don't know about that, haha. I always try to stay cool in situations like that, you never know where it's going to go or if you'll need a witness or something, so if you're flipping out it usually looks bad for you. I sure wanted to flip out though!

It really isn't that bad, I am pretty confident a good pdr guy will take care of it.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Rated M

^ sounds very similiar to my story the other day except I didn't have a Brinkman and no dent- at least to my eye. You can probably find the spot.

Oakville was and probably is head office for Dent Wizard Unit 1, 1428 Speers Rd. The head guy I know is Gary Tumblin. Great guy.
I know around here for dealers it's $100 flat rate for all dents while the car is on the lot. Retail is like $150/dent but I'm sure you could almost do it yourself.

G/L

Last edited by RBull; 01-11-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by RBull
^ sounds very similiar to my story the other day except I didn't have a Brinkman and no dent- at least to my eye. You can probably find the spot.

Oakville was and probably is head office for Dent Wizard Unit 1, 1428 Speers Rd. The head guy I know is Gary Tumblin. Great guy.
I know around here for dealers it's $100 flat rate for all dents while the car is on the lot. Retail is like $150/dent but I'm sure you could almost do it yourself.

G/L
Yep, reminded me of your story. I got the same "there's no damage" as you. Yes, that's the location I found; they want $100 for a silver dollar sized dent, so this one will probably be $150. It's maybe 4 inches long, 2 wide, but very very shallow - maybe 3cm deep at most. I'd do it myself but I don't have the tools or experience, so I don't mind taking it to someone that does. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask for Gary. Cheers.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
OMG, so sorry to hear about that Kevin!! That really bites big time! What the hell is wrong with people these days? Your story sounds almost identical to Deane's except with a little more damage. I can't even begin to imagine doing that to someone's car and not even offer an apology. That just boggles my mind! I swear women are the worst for this kind of thing......to them a car is nothing more than transportation from point A to B.

Sorry again to hear about your unfortunate luck.......at least you have the skills and talent to make it look brand new again (as far as the buffing goes at least).

Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Kevin. I've used these guys before a couple of times and did a great job.

http://www.dentclinic.com/locations.htm

Old 01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by picus112
Yep, reminded me of your story. I got the same "there's no damage" as you. Yes, that's the location I found; they want $100 for a silver dollar sized dent, so this one will probably be $150. It's maybe 4 inches long, 2 wide, but very very shallow - maybe 3cm deep at most. I'd do it myself but I don't have the tools or experience, so I don't mind taking it to someone that does. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask for Gary. Cheers.
Lat time I spoke to Gary he still uses Halifax as his base, but travels a lot. If you can get him feel free to mention my name and business so he can help you out.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, i have a "small" dent like that in my car too. too bad i wasn't around to catch whoever did it. Fortunately there was no paint transfer, just a little dent.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by Chico
Sorry to hear about it Kevin. I've used these guys before a couple of times and did a great job.

http://www.dentclinic.com/locations.htm
Sweet, thanks!

Originally Posted by RBull
Lat time I spoke to Gary he still uses Halifax as his base, but travels a lot. If you can get him feel free to mention my name and business so he can help you out.
Cool, I'm going to call him first thing.

Shane - I know man. It's actually pretty disheartening to me how inconsiderate people have become around here. I guess I can understand her not being able to properly park her big SUV (mercedes GL btw) but I don't why she was so rude about it when I called to her attention that she was *hitting my car*. People make mistakes, but you have to own up to them when you do. Weird thing is she wasn't a young kid or anything (she was probably early 50s), you would think someone that age would be a little more responsible.

In the end it's not a huge deal, I mean look what happened to Sam; but ya... people suck.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
WOW...no way
Just got in the door... got to say Kevin, you maintained your cool a lot better than I would have.

I used Dent Doctor on Doncaster a couple of years ago on my wifes door ding.
They did a great job.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Shiznitt I really feel for you Kevin, sucks big time .
Big props to you for staying cool with the confrontation and not pulling a "wes g"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair recommedations?