Canada Serving Canada.

Winter Mats and OEM mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007 | 12:44 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by G35Info
This is what i want to do...I want the OEM mats for the car. 4 in a set for a "deal" price.

Then i will probably get those michelin ones that were pointed out. Or simply continue use the ones i bought last weekend. I will put it over the OEM ones in the winter...

I need a good price for the OEM mats though. Anyone?

SwivelMan
Thanks for the link, i will cehck them out tomorrow and get a set.

Madelinot...
Hey Paul
Thanks and please let me know if you do come across it.

RULL
Know of a deal for those all seasons? where can i get them from?

Mmagic76
want to avoid the carpet wet as much as possible.
I got mine from Grubbs Infiniti dealer in Texas. It was cheaper for me because my parents live close to there (winter) and then brought them back to NS me.

It's not a good idea to put mats over top of the OE ones and not recommended in the manual. You risk the mats slipping around and catching on the gas pedal. I know. If the mats you have don't catch all the water just put a folded towel and at the end for the overflow. Periodically wash/rinse it and you're good.

Old 02-21-2007 | 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Ordering mats from the US was cheaper including shipping and customs? Who did you order them from? I want to get some of the OEM winter mats for my 07 X.
I got the factory rubbers for $114 from Hyatt. Perfect fit and price is OK with me.

Old 02-22-2007 | 11:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by Mmagic76
The only thing I noticed when I put my winter mats on top of the OEM ones was that the top of my foot would rub slightly against the dash cover when I went from the Gas to the Brake pedal. My foot size is 8.5 and depending on what your normal driving foot angle and size is, you might have the same problem esp with a thicker Michellin mat.

Oh and this is with the OEM carpet mats removed.
Hmmmm....i will keep that in mind.

VERY GOOD FIND.
I will probably order it online and let u guys know how it goes.

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
I have the OEM winter mats for the coupe and they have done a good job. Collect everything. They are pretty dirty, but the carpet is still clean.
OEM Winter mats? are these different from the All season OEM mats?

Originally Posted by netcbc
got some OEM from the guys in the states, much cheaper, like them a lot cause they don't move around fit prefect for the car....
Got a link?

Originally Posted by RBull
I got mine from Grubbs Infiniti dealer in Texas. It was cheaper for me because my parents live close to there (winter) and then brought them back to NS me.

It's not a good idea to put mats over top of the OE ones and not recommended in the manual. You risk the mats slipping around and catching on the gas pedal. I know. If the mats you have don't catch all the water just put a folded towel and at the end for the overflow. Periodically wash/rinse it and you're good.
Some good advice. Thanks for the heads up Deane.

Well looks like i will order online and get 15% off the price. Seems like $114 to $120 is the going rate. This way i can save on the taxes with the internet discount. I will get the all season OEM mats and then, see how the ones i bought from CT last weekend (winter mats) will fit. I will take note of the heads up advice too.

Thanks all...

Old 02-24-2007 | 08:13 PM
OEM Winter mats? are these different from the All season OEM mats?
I do not know if there is a difference..the ones I'm referring to are the rubber ones..and I do use them All year round..so it maybe.

Old 02-24-2007 | 11:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
I do not know if there is a difference..the ones I'm referring to are the rubber ones..and I do use them All year round..so it maybe.
Yes they are

I got a response from Oakville Infiniti in regards to the rubber mats and they quoted me $114 and 15% off.

I sent this link to them and they are gonna confirm if these are the exact mats.

http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=258

Then i will order through them.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 02-25-2007 | 10:52 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by G35Info

Some good advice. Thanks for the heads up Deane.

Well looks like i will order online and get 15% off the price. Seems like $114 to $120 is the going rate. This way i can save on the taxes with the internet discount. I will get the all season OEM mats and then, see how the ones i bought from CT last weekend (winter mats) will fit. I will take note of the heads up advice too.

Thanks all...
No worries.

FYI, the factory carpet in the G is backed with a rubber/urethane type material making it difficult for water to penetrate into the underlay/insulation.

Old 02-25-2007 | 04:47 PM
|
Originally Posted by RBull
No worries.

FYI, the factory carpet in the G is backed with a rubber/urethane type material making it difficult for water to penetrate into the underlay/insulation.
Thanks, that is comforting to know but I still want added protection. Hopefully Oakville will call me tomorrow with the final order details.

Old 02-28-2007 | 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by interalian
I got the factory rubbers for $114 from Hyatt. Perfect fit and price is OK with me.
Pardon my ignoranace with what/who is Hyatt? Do you have a web link?

Old 02-28-2007 | 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by G35-2-B
Pardon my ignoranace with what/who is Hyatt? Do you have a web link?
The Hyatt Group is the owner of the Calgary Infiniti dealership, they own a number of dealerships in Calgary.

Old 02-28-2007 | 11:15 PM
I ordered an 07 G35X sedan (graphite interior) picking it up shortly. The only options I ordered were Prem/Tech/Nav. I didnt even think to ask about floor mats.

1) what type of floor mats do I get? - I assume there decent, dark with an infinti logo - correct?

2) re winter, I had planned to take them out and put in some CT mats, here (about $80 for 4) or here for $30, but I assume they will not 'fit' nicely.

3) I guess the only option is the dealer - at $115 (for 4???) . I saw the oakville link (15% internet purchase) but that was for the coupe...they dont show anything for the sedan.

Old 03-01-2007 | 11:42 AM
Follow-up

The factory winter mats suck. Water from melted snow pools exactly where your pant cuffs touch the floor, which wets the back of each leg.

I think a pair of bicycle clips may be in order...

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:21 PM
Wow.. Sound like the $30 CT swap-out option is the way to go for the winter months.

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by interalian
The factory winter mats suck. Water from melted snow pools exactly where your pant cuffs touch the floor, which wets the back of each leg.

I think a pair of bicycle clips may be in order...
That will drive me nuts?! Too bad, I was just about to go buy a set because I think they will look a lot better that the cheap ones I have now.

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:40 PM
Yeah, I have OEM ones and actually put CT ones on top of the OEM ones in the front.

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:49 PM
Yeah, I have OEM ones and actually put CT ones on top of the OEM ones in the front.
So are you saying that these would fit in the sedan?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Mats and OEM mats