Canada Serving Canada.

Winter Mats and OEM mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007 | 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Hyatt Infiniti has made my ownership experience very frustrating so far, I really wish that we could see some healthy competition to keep their attitude toward their customers in check.
Interesting. I've yet to experience the service aspect but have to say the sales experience was fine.

The parts guy sold me the wrong wheel locks though...

Old 03-15-2007 | 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
What frustrations have you had with Hyatt? Is it posted somewhere else? Just curious...I bought my G used from Charlesglen Toyota, which was pretty good as far as car-buying experiences go.
From the second I pulled out of the lot with my G I haven't felt satisfied with any part of the service I have received. If you buy a car from this dealership, make sure you don't fill out the survey with any honest comments. My salesman phoned me at my office and said "Thanks Christian, for throwing me under the bus." I put in comments about their apathetic response to my concern with the seat heaters. I have been told on several occasions that I can not expect the seat heaters in an Infiniti to perform as well as their competition. When I took my car in for it's 3750 service they "tested the seat heaters" and told me they work to spec but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the seat heaters are have the same problem as many other members here have described. Even now when a solution has been offered to some other members, and there is a TSB coming soon I doubt that they will fix it for me. I have now written 3 letters to Infiniti Canada and I have not yet been treated anything close to acceptable customer service. I almost wish I bought a used civic, but last night I drove a friends cooper s and found out how good the handling in my G really is. The X has really changed my expectations when it comes to control. I love the car but hate the ownership experience.

Old 03-15-2007 | 02:34 PM
Writing about my situation motivated me to make a follow up call to Infiniti Canada and they simply said that we have spoken about this before and their assessment was made based on the testing of the service department and that there is nothing further they can or will do to help me. She said while they appreciate my self diagnosis, the service department's diagnosis is the only thing relevant. I think I just have to worry only about the major problems from here on out and drive the car for the next couple year and sell it. I doubt I will buy another Infiniti.

Are my expectations unreasonable? Should I be satisfied that the car takes me from A to B? If that is the case why didn't I buy a Kia that includes 4 years of maintenance for free?

Last edited by Christian; 03-15-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2007 | 02:57 PM
Not out of line at all, IMO. When you drop several 10s of G's on a car, it should be 'just so'. Geez, I was feeling bad about dissing these guys based on some pretty minimal experience, but it sounds like I wasn't far from the mark.

Not sure what to suggest, Christian, there are not many avenues of complaint. Couple of years ago I had a big dustup with Ford over the head gaskets on my wife's Expedition, I was lucky enough to get hold of a 'secret warranty' information and was able to force them to pay about $1100 of the $1500 repair cost. But I still dragged them through the mud in the local media because, well, I'm a COF and wanted my $400 bucks worth of Ford 'advertising'.

Any insiders on the forum who can help with this kind of 'secret warranty' information?

Old 03-15-2007 | 04:06 PM
I have been told on several occasions that I can not expect the seat heaters in an Infiniti to perform as well as their competition. When I took my car in for it's 3750 service they "tested the seat heaters" and told me they work to spec but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the seat heaters are have the same problem as many other members here have described. Even now when a solution has been offered to some other members, and there is a TSB coming soon I doubt that they will fix it for me.
I'm going to ask them for the repair harnesses and do the TSB work myself if it comes to that.

Old 03-15-2007 | 06:12 PM
Banned
If you buy a car from this dealership, make sure you don't fill out the survey with any honest comments. My salesman phoned me at my office and said "Thanks Christian, for throwing me under the bus." I put in comments about their apathetic response to my concern with the seat heaters.
My salesman at Hyatt went as far as telling me the survey would be coming and what I should answer. "Anything less than an Excellent rating would be a bad rating for me", he said. I answered honestly. And there were no "Excellent" ratings from me. For me, you have to go above and beyond to get an Excellent. You have to earn it.

Old 03-15-2007 | 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by wgmg35
My salesman at Hyatt went as far as telling me the survey would be coming and what I should answer. "Anything less than an Excellent rating would be a bad rating for me", he said. I answered honestly. And there were no "Excellent" ratings from me. For me, you have to go above and beyond to get an Excellent. You have to earn it.
That reminds me of the Loyalty Survey at Future Shop, when I worked there we had a script we were supposed to recite when a customer randomly had a survey invitation printed. I would tell customers who I knew liked me to do the survey and put unbelievably good comments about me, and would intentionally hide it from customers who were less than impressed.

Old 03-16-2007 | 11:41 AM
Got a call from Jamie at Oakville this morning and my mats are shipping today, should get 'em Monday, just in time for more snow, so the winter mats are staying in for a while yet.

With Prov Screw Tax (dang, I forgot you guys had that) and shipping, total cost is about $180. That's about $15 more than if I'd picked them up at Hyatt for full pop plus GST, no PST here in AB.

So apparently the price of my principles is more than 15 bucks. I'm thinkin' at least 20. Maybe even 25. Um, Canadian.

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:23 PM
I am 99% positive that if he is shipping out of province, and you are paying for shipping, then Ontario provincial sales tax does not apply and should not be charged. I think the reason for no sales tax is that the sale was not made in Ontario.

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:31 PM
Make that 100% positive.

See the Ontatio RST (Retail Sales Tax )... aka PST...documentation here:
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/tax...s/rst/901.html

Out-of-province sales
If you make a sale to a customer, and deliver or arrange for delivery of the goods to a place outside Ontario, you do not charge your customer RST. You must keep all your shipping documents and bills of lading to support the exempt sale.

If the customer takes delivery of the goods in Ontario, then you must charge RST.

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:01 PM
Thanks, 2-B, I have asked Jamie about it. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:10 PM
|
I picked up mine today FINALLY at Oakville.

Price: $114.95
Discout: 15%

Total Price after tax: $111.39

I went with Charcoal Grey in a stone interior (light grey).

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by G35-2-B
Make that 100% positive.

See the Ontatio RST (Retail Sales Tax )... aka PST...documentation here:
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/tax...s/rst/901.html

Out-of-province sales
If you make a sale to a customer, and deliver or arrange for delivery of the goods to a place outside Ontario, you do not charge your customer RST. You must keep all your shipping documents and bills of lading to support the exempt sale.

If the customer takes delivery of the goods in Ontario, then you must charge RST.
Here's what Jamie said:

"If the purchase comes out of Ontario you pay pst & gst , i could not charge you rst if i tryed as no system in Ontario is set up to charge rst , the only way you maybe tax exempt is if you are aborignal native of Canada with photo I.D card ,Your invoice is attached to your package & is on its way , please feel free to call me if you have any discrecpancies"

Now I'm really confused. PST, RST...? I'm not gonna make a stink about it, but one of us -- Jamie or me -- is clearly not understanding the whole provincial/retail tax thing.

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:34 PM
"RST" is simply the Retail Sales Tax. In Ontario it is called PST (Provincial Sales Tax) . In Quebec it's called QST or something... etc. So, Jaimie is wrong when he says " i could not charge you rst if i tryed as no system in Ontario is set up to charge rst ,"

Jaime is also mistaken when he says "If the purchase comes out of Ontario you pay pst & gst " The tax guide clearly says otherwise, and the tax guide is gospel, not Jaime.

I have personally bought many times out of province, and I have NEVER EVER been charged a provincial sales tax, simply because it does not apply when shipping out of the province...just like the tax guide says. And I have bought from both brick-and-mortar stores as well as off the internet.

But dont take my word ( or Jaimie's word) on it. This is EASILY settled. The Ministry has a web site to accept questions... see :http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/abo.../feedback.html Suggest you simply pose the question to them., ie get it from the horses mouth....

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:43 PM
Thanks again, 2-B, I'll look into it.

Btw, should I judge from your 'name' that you are not yet in a G?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Mats and OEM mats