Canada Serving Canada.

Fx 35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:21 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Just be sure that you know what your getting into with the LR.
Check out where they sit on the JD Power manufacturers totem pole of dependability.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 03-11-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2007 | 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Just be sure that you know what your getting into with the LR.
Check out where they sit on the JD Power manufacturers totem pole of dependability.
Wow, talk about "Leader of the Pack". Good info Ian, thanks.

Old 03-11-2007 | 10:36 PM
^^ looking a the chart, i suppose the LR is the worse one to own.

Old 03-12-2007 | 01:37 PM
Cadillac

Wow shocked to see Caddies so high up there on JD Powe FX's lack of cargo room is tough when you are upsizing.

What about the SRX?? 3rd row seat 4x4, NorthStar and more cargo room than the FX. Saw one at a showroom and it is a really nice truck.

Driving Impressions:

Handling is nothing short of exceptional, as the body feels tight and responsive, giving the 4,400-pound vehicle a tossable feel on par with only the X5 and FX35/45. We have also been impressed by the well-weighted steering and progressive brakes. Fortunately, this doesn't come at the expense of ride quality, which is smooth and comfortable. If you love to drive but need more space than competing SUVs can provide, the 2006 Cadillac SRX is probably the best alternative.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2006/cad...srx/index.html

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:20 PM
|
There are alot of well made and reliable CUV/SUV out there. But, since the wife is the one that will be driving it, she has her own idea of what appeals to her. I've pointed her toward several models: RX350, MDX, SRX, etc...
I would prefer her to get the RX350 but her comment on the RX styling is "it is bland, typical of most SUV". The only one that caught her eye is the FX.
I guess if we decide to take a long road trip, we will be renting a van. Oh well, I guess a woman view on styling is very different from men.

Old 03-13-2007 | 10:08 PM
We have an FX35 as well, and absolutely love it. My wife and kids use it daily, and we bought a Thule Mother-in-Law sized roof box for going up north, etc.

Not heaps of room in the back, but it drives very well, and has plenty of go. The snow mode button works well in the heavy stuff.

The leather is nice, the seating position is very good, and it's a really fun vehicle to drive. I have considered getting one for myself if I ever decide to part with my coupe (which I also drive all winter with no problems).

Old 03-13-2007 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by jeffy1
There are alot of well made and reliable CUV/SUV out there. But, since the wife is the one that will be driving it, she has her own idea of what appeals to her. I've pointed her toward several models: RX350, MDX, SRX, etc...
I would prefer her to get the RX350 but her comment on the RX styling is "it is bland, typical of most SUV". The only one that caught her eye is the FX.
I guess if we decide to take a long road trip, we will be renting a van. Oh well, I guess a woman view on styling is very different from men.
Jeff I also like the RX, but you sure can't go wrong with your wife's choice either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.