Canada Serving Canada.

Fx 35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Fx 35

We are looking to replace our 2K Ford Expy EB for a '07 FX 35 with tech pkg. My wife will be the primary driver as I have a '05 6MT sedan. The Expy is a great vehicle for long distance driving as it is very spacious plus the cavernous cargo capacity. It's time to think a bit green, during the cold snap we had, the Expy was consuming about 23L/100Km.
We narrowed it down to either the Lexus RX350 or FX35.
Wifey says there is just about a RX at every corner and it has the typical SUV style where as the FX looks unique. I am not too comfortable with the ATTESA system in the FX35 as it looks like it is a reactive system where as the RX have a 50/50 torque split. Any pro/con comments from forum members with either SUV or the ATTESA system vehicle (G35X) would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
LOL... ask Wayne about the ATTESA.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey Wayne, when you accelerate a bit hard from a stop on slippery surface (snow covered road), does your G35X tail swing out slightly before the front pulls you out of it, without using snow mode? It seems like there are better AWD systems out there like Audi Quattro and Subaru Symetrical AWD.
From what I've read, the ATTESA system marketed in North America is geared towards making a vehicle RWD bias with 4WD capability when needed.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
LOL... ask Wayne about the ATTESA.
You called .

Jeff I am on my second G35X and absolutely love it. I had an 05 and now own an 07. The awd system has performed flawlessly.
We have certainly given them the test in heavy snow conditions, and a couple times in unexpected emergency manuevres.
If I did not need my GMC Z71 4x4 for towing a heavy boat would also own an FX35 in place of it.
If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by jeffy1
Hey Wayne, when you accelerate a bit hard from a stop on slippery surface (snow covered road), does your G35X tail swing out slightly before the front pulls you out of it, without using snow mode? It seems like there are better AWD systems out there like Audi Quattro and Subaru Symetrical AWD.
From what I've read, the ATTESA system marketed in North America is geared towards making a vehicle RWD bias with 4WD capability when needed.
The tail does not swing out as you stated, the system seems almost instantaneous when it detects slippage. I never use snow mode, I don't find it necessary. The awd system works great without engaging it. The snow mode provides 50% power front and back, but only at speeds below 20km/h. It also reduces your throttle response when snow mode is engaged if slippage is detected.
The car is normally rwd unless slippage is detected. Honestly Jeff, the car runs like it was on rails when travelling down winding snow covered back roads. Of course I am running good winter tires on the car to help out.

I have not driven an FX35, but I would imagine it to be the same since they are on the same basic platform and system. I have been going to test one out and haven't had the chance.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your input Wayne. It will definitely help us in making a decision to get the FX 35. Now comes the hard part, negotiating a price.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Wifey says there is just about a RX at every corner and it has the typical SUV style where as the FX looks unique.
I completely agree with your wife. When it comes to exterior styling, the FX is definitely unique compared to other SUVs. It really sets itself apart from the others and IMO is the sexiest SUV on the road. Good luck with your shopping.

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Here is an Infiniti article regarding the AWD that may interest you.

http://infiniti.ca/en/news/index.asp?id=story2

Old 03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Jeff........check your PMs.
Wayne

Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
ahhhh found it again...
Watch the Audi try to get off the rollers.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9072883197544018466&q=quattro

Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL, love that video, hilarious .

Old 03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are looking to replace our 2K Ford Expy EB for a '07 FX 35 with tech pkg. My wife will be the primary driver as I have a '05 6MT sedan. The Expy is a great vehicle for long distance driving as it is very spacious plus the cavernous cargo capacity. It's time to think a bit green, during the cold snap we had, the Expy was consuming about 23L/100Km.
We narrowed it down to either the Lexus RX350 or FX35.
Wifey says there is just about a RX at every corner and it has the typical SUV style where as the FX looks unique. I am not too comfortable with the ATTESA system in the FX35 as it looks like it is a reactive system where as the RX have a 50/50 torque split. Any pro/con comments from forum members with either SUV or the ATTESA system vehicle (G35X) would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff, as an FX35 owner myself I can attest to the fact that the FX is an absolute beast in the snow with the right tires. I'm not all knowledgeable about the different AWD systems on the market, but you can't go wrong with the FX. Today I took my FX up to the dealer in whiteout conditions here in West MI. It didn't miss a beat whereas there were many cars that had found themselves in ditches. I was given a G35x with all seasons and the difference was night and day! I nearly got into an accident with the loaner because I was used to the confidence inspired driving the FX allows. I DO NOT recommend driving the FX in heavy winter conditions with the stock RS-A's.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by N50
Jeff, as an FX35 owner myself I can attest to the fact that the FX is an absolute beast in the snow with the right tires. I'm not all knowledgeable about the different AWD systems on the market, but you can't go wrong with the FX. Today I took my FX up to the dealer in whiteout conditions here in West MI. It didn't miss a beat whereas there were many cars that had found themselves in ditches. I was given a G35x with all seasons and the difference was night and day! I nearly got into an accident with the loaner because I was used to the confidence inspired driving the FX allows. I DO NOT recommend driving the FX in heavy winter conditions with the stock RS-A's.
Yup... tires make a *HUGE* difference

Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
subscribing...i'm on the same dilemma. except i dont have the snow to deal with.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to throw the Land Rover LR3 in there for consideration - I like the FX, but I would have a heck of a time choosing it over the LR3, especially if interior space is a concern - the FX really doesn't have that much room for cargo.

Having said that, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the luxury SUVs, the manufacturers are actually really good at building those. The RX400h would be something to consider for it's "green" side, even though I can't stand the looks of the RX line.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.