Canada Serving Canada.

Soooo Pissed Off !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:26 PM
That sucks man, good luck with the repairs.

Chico, even a not at fault claim would cause my insurance to increase because I would lose my no claim status for 3 years with my insurance company. When my last car was vandalized in the fall I looked into it and opted not to make a claim.

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:42 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Chico
Couldn't resist.

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:43 PM
at least your new wheels were not on. Good give me a few extra week to be the only one with sevas wheels

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:57 PM
that's interesting...I've had two "not at fault" collisions and my premiums and rating are still the same. I'm not an expert in the subject, but maybe it depends on the insurance carrier and coverage on your policy.

Originally Posted by ChristianN

Chico, even a not at fault claim would cause my insurance to increase because I would lose my no claim status for 3 years with my insurance company. When my last car was vandalized in the fall I looked into it and opted not to make a claim.

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
This is Canada. You can't register a car without it.
300 much? this is CanaDAAAAAAAAAA!

anyways, my parent's van was hit by a car with no Insurance, so go figure how people can drive around without insurance (i've seen people drive with no plates :S)

sucks for the op though. People who hit and run should be burned.

Old 04-05-2007 | 03:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by PDT
Sorry to hear about that. What a horrible start to your day. Did this happen on the street or on your driveway?
On the street right in front of my house.

Thanks for the support guys. I have no choice but to bite the bullet and repair it. At least I get the 06 headlights to replace my old ones now.

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:36 PM
That really sucks... does your neighbor leave for work around the same time you do? is there any paint marks that may leave any clue.

Old 04-05-2007 | 05:04 PM
yea, definetly walk around the neighbourhood today and check out random cars, if he wa stupid enough to run-away, he may be stupid enough to leave the car outside for you to find.

That's how my friend found the guy who hit his car in the area.

good luck!

Last edited by E M P I R E 9; 04-06-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2007 | 05:10 PM
Condolences man.

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:14 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by noodleman
300 much? this is CanaDAAAAAAAAAA!

anyways, my parent's van was hit by a car with no Insurance, so go figure how people can drive around without insurance (i've seen people drive with no plates :S)

sucks for the op though. People who hit and run should be burned.
I agree.

Actually I can't speak for every Province but here you have to supply proof of insurance before any vehicle gets registered. I don't know what happens if insurance gets cancelled such as for non payment.

Ultimately there is no absolute guarantee of a driver having insurance on the vehicle they're driving. The driver may currently be suspended or the vehicle plate could be yanked off another car or just be missing period, or it may be someone elses car that's uninsured.

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Chico
sorry to hear bro...that really sucks. You can still report it to your insurance company though. It's considered a "not at fault" collision so your rating or premiums will NOT be affected at all. You'll just need to pay your deductible. They might need to replace the front bumper and the replacement value could cover a new NISMO. You just need to find a good bodyshop that's willing to work with you.
Chico is right, your premiums will not be affected because it was not your fault.
You WILL have to pay your collsion deductible becasue it is not known who the third party ( person that hit you) was.

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN

\
Christian, you may want to look at your policy because I don't see how a not-at -fault accident would cause your rates to raise.

I just want to clear up a common misconception while I am at it because I hear this all the time.
If you get into a single vehicle accident where it involves road conditions (black ice) you are ALWAYS at fault. You must be in care and control of your vehicle at all times. I always have people call me for a quote and tell me they had a "no-fault" accident (there is no such thing). Thet tell me they hit black ice and lost control but the police didn't charge. That is fine because they didn't break the law but they DID lose control of the car which deems the operator at fault.
Just a little bit of info

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
I agree.

Actually I can't speak for every Province but here you have to supply proof of insurance before any vehicle gets registered. I don't know what happens if insurance gets cancelled such as for non payment.

Ultimately there is no absolute guarantee of a driver having insurance on the vehicle they're driving. The driver may currently be suspended or the vehicle plate could be yanked off another car or just be missing period, or it may be someone elses car that's uninsured.
You would not believe the number of people who put the downpayment for their insurance but get cancelled for non-payment within a couple of months.
The problem is is when we do the policy up, they get the pink liability cards saying they are good for a year. They pay their downpament and screw off with the cards saying they have insurance. The police have no way of checking this unless they phone the insurance company.
God times

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:24 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
You would not believe the number of people who put the downpayment for their insurance but get cancelled for non-payment within a couple of months.
The problem is is when we do the policy up, they get the pink liability cards saying they are good for a year. They pay their downpament and screw off with the cards saying they have insurance. The police have no way of checking this unless they phone the insurance company.
God times

Not surprising. It seems there should be a central registry just like for a car. Police could access it immediately.

Old 04-05-2007 | 08:21 PM
|
My new total is up to $2600 now. The Rad support has been cracked. What a ****ty start to the long weekend. Regardless I'm not going to go through insurance, because this happened to a friend of mine about 2 months ago and he claimed it. The insurance company didn't believe him for some reason and turned around and asked him he he hit someone else and took off. I'm with the same company and I'm afraid they're going to say the same thing to me (because of my age).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Soooo Pissed Off !!!