Canada Serving Canada.

Soooo Pissed Off !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 01:17 PM
|
Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
Only liability on a G35?! My god man, you only put PLPD on a sh*tbox not a G!
Who in their right mind would let you walk out the door with a policy that doesn't cover collision or comprehensive on a $30k car!
Something is weird here dude

When I first bought my G last year, For full coverage would of been $7000 Annually. I paid cash for the car and didn't think that it would of made a big difference. There was a Big difference in price for full coverage and liability only. That's why I opted to go that route.

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by B_willy
When I first bought my G last year, For full coverage would of been $7000 Annually. I paid cash for the car and didn't think that it would of made a big difference. There was a Big difference in price for full coverage and liability only. That's why I opted to go that route.
Gotcha, sorry to hear about your loss.
Let me know if you ever need anything

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
Thet tell me they hit black ice and lost control but the police didn't charge. That is fine because they didn't break the law but they DID lose control of the car which deems the operator at fault.
Just a little bit of info
I take that as simply a perversion of logic. If a gust of wind caught my vehicle and pushed it off a bridge, then I am at fault. I just dont see it. That would be a hard one to argue in my book.

Old 04-06-2007 | 03:35 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by B_willy
I just looked over my insurance papers, and realized that I have only liability coverage.
Ohhh that's a real shame coverage is so expensive for you.

Old 04-06-2007 | 03:42 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by vaughn6mt
I take that as simply a perversion of logic. If a gust of wind caught my vehicle and pushed it off a bridge, then I am at fault. I just dont see it. That would be a hard one to argue in my book.
There is no perversion of logic in the example he used. Losing control on black ice would be considered driving too fast for conditions, the same as losing control in a heavy rain storm.

I couldn't speak for the different example you used but my guess is the same principle would apply. However I've also never heard of a gust of wind pushing a car off a bridge.

Old 04-06-2007 | 03:57 PM
My wife and mother both work in insurance (No I dont get a discount). Its crazy some of the bs they come up with.

And no, there is no way to deduce that you were driving too fast from merely sliding on ice... A great assumption though considering ice "is" involved. I can stand on both feet and slip on ice... Hmmm, I really need to slow it down when I stand.

EDITed for grammar

Last edited by vaughn6mt; 04-06-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2007 | 04:42 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
My wife and mother both work in insurance (No I dont get a discount). Its crazy some of the bs they come up with.

And no, there is no way to deduce that you were driving too fast from merely sliding on ice... A great assumption though considering ice "is" involved. I can stand on both feet and slip on ice... Hmmm, I really need to slow it down when I stand.

EDITed for grammar
Sorry I can't follow your logic on this one. If your car slides enough that it runs into another object you are driving too fast or following another vehicle too closely.

If you slip on ice while standing on both feet you need a grippier pair of boots.

Old 04-06-2007 | 04:59 PM
hahah, I think you may have to look up the term before trying to emulate it. I never mentioned hitting anything. Go ahead and re-read.

Old 04-06-2007 | 05:46 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
hahah, I think you may have to look up the term before trying to emulate it. I never mentioned hitting anything. Go ahead and re-read.
No need. I read your comments correctly the first time.

Sorry to the OP for straying OT.

Old 04-06-2007 | 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
No need. I read your comments correctly the first time.

Sorry to the OP for straying OT.
Awe, such a saint!

Kidding aside, there has got to be a way to bring your insurance premiums down B. 7k is just obnoxious for full coverage.

Old 04-06-2007 | 07:54 PM
That would be some gust of wind dude!

Old 04-06-2007 | 07:59 PM

EDITed for grammar
There isn't too much to it, the example you gave of standing on ice doesn't really apply to the vehicle because it can't fall down. In every accident there is always someone at fault, single vehicle with you driving means you are it.
Keeps things simple. A lot of people usually don't agree with the fault determination rules when they don't work in their favour. The rules are there for a reason, insurance fraud is rampant. It's like anything, if there is a way to take advantage of the system, someone always will.

Old 04-06-2007 | 08:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Hmmm, I like this. I am driving and I slide into a curb because of ice, but the ice is at fault. Damned ice, its insurance is going through the roof!

Old 04-06-2007 | 10:31 PM
Oh man, dude, that sucks --- I really feel for you and the car. I can understand how p*ssed-off you must feel. Now you've got to go through the whole inconvenience, agony, and expense of getting this fixed-up. The chances are slim but I do hope you find out who's responsible for this.

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:05 PM
|
thanks for the support everyone !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Soooo Pissed Off !!!