Canada Serving Canada.

exceed the limit by 50+km/h, pay $10,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
I think you'd need different color lanes. It would be hard to go with the flow if you're not allowed to go as fast as the flow. Wait a minute, none of us are allowed to go with the flow but most of us try to anyway...

The reality of it is is that it's every man for himself out there. No law is going to fix people, no amount of enforcement is going to fix people. Taking away a license won't fix people (there's nothing to stop them from driving anyway). On the other hand, look at Alberta. There is next to no enforcement hear and we also have a heck of a lot of hellish accidents.

You need to have some level of trust for the other drivers to drive correctly but we all know that there are those who haven't got a clue. I'm not sure where I'm going with this so I'll just stop typing.
yeah.. but u guys still use photo-radar do u not? i remember reading an article in the paper once how the operators in the photo-radar van's are sometimes under attack. one time a brick hit the windshield on the van. crazy stuff.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I'm curious about is how this will affect previous court cases of 50km/h over?

I have a 50km/h over ticket (Emergency reasons) and my court date is in Feb of 08... this new legislation will be effective on Sept 30th, 07. So when my court date comes, will they be judging/ruling me under the new legislation or old legislation? I got the ticket before this new legislation came out...

Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
I think you'd need different color lanes. It would be hard to go with the flow if you're not allowed to go as fast as the flow. Wait a minute, none of us are allowed to go with the flow but most of us try to anyway...

The reality of it is is that it's every man for himself out there. No law is going to fix people, no amount of enforcement is going to fix people. Taking away a license won't fix people (there's nothing to stop them from driving anyway). On the other hand, look at Alberta. There is next to no enforcement hear and we also have a heck of a lot of hellish accidents.

You need to have some level of trust for the other drivers to drive correctly but we all know that there are those who haven't got a clue. I'm not sure where I'm going with this so I'll just stop typing.
Rednecks.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
yeah.. but u guys still use photo-radar do u not? i remember reading an article in the paper once how the operators in the photo-radar van's are sometimes under attack. one time a brick hit the windshield on the van. crazy stuff.
Yeah you're right. I was think more of the rural RCMP side of things. Edmonton is fast becoming a very violent city. Well I guess it already is.

Yeah, RBull, you are correct on all counts.