Canada Serving Canada.

Car feels so slow all of a sudden...possible loss of power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car feels so slow all of a sudden...possible loss of power?

for the past few nights every time ive been driving my FX it seemed to be a lot more sluggish and a lot slower than it usually is...when i hit the gas i feel like there is no low end power whatsoever and something that i really noticed is that i barely hear the whistle of my pop charger that i usually do. the filter doesn't need cleaning as i only have around 5000km on it.

when i turn on my car in the garage i hear this faint high-pitched sound...could it possibly be an air leak from my plenum spacer? i remember a few nights ago i was just re-tightening the bolts...maybe i broke one? would an air leak cause a noticeable loss of power the way i am feeling it? it honestly feels slower than stock

i am due for service in a little bit, but i am very hesitant to bring it up as i am modded and there are not so many modded cars here (i might be one of the only modded FXs in the city)

btw if it means anything, when i turn on my FX the RPM shoots up over 2000 before settling (cant remember if it did that before)

thanks.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I saw a modded FX45 and a modded FX35 in my area before. So you're not the only one .

Check around the plenum area to see if you can locate the air leak. Sounds like you might have a vaccum leak.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks. i got some fuel injector cleaner and later today i will spray some around the plenum area to see if there is a leak or not.