Canada Serving Canada.

Just ordered my winters from TireRack, wish me luck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2007 | 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by G35Sask
And i just got caught with my summer tires on with 5 cm of snow lmao damn waiting for the last minute! Now i gotta limp across town to get my tires on. :P
Ha sucks man, that means Winnipeg is due for some this week.

Got my tires mounted today, but was really unimpressed with the work at Fountain Tire. I paid about $60 more to go there because they have newer equipment, but they ended up mounting one 245 on the front, and a 225 on the back , left my headlights on for some reason during the balance , and seemed to be accelerating a bit too hard when they got the thing off the lift. Positive side, there was a nice 07 G35 Sedan getting its tires changed as well.

The car drives alot better then my Michelin Pilots, only thing I need to resist is my foot off the throttle, burning too much rubber. Think I am set for the white stuff now.

Old 11-17-2007 | 05:05 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
^wow. Your snows are better than the Pilots.

Your car must have more power than mine. I have a very hard time making it burn rubber.

Old 11-17-2007 | 06:24 PM
Ha my pilots had 20% tread left, so the Dunlop feel 100X better over bumps lol. My car now drives ALMOST as smooth as my old Accord, haha.

My car is probably slower then yours (6MT > 5AT), I think it might be because it was +2 today, no snow or anything, and I had fresh pair of winter tires on top of that.

Old 11-17-2007 | 08:13 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Ha my pilots had 20% tread left, so the Dunlop feel 100X better over bumps lol. My car now drives ALMOST as smooth as my old Accord, haha.

My car is probably slower then yours (6MT > 5AT), I think it might be because it was +2 today, no snow or anything, and I had fresh pair of winter tires on top of that.
They do work better in the cold. I think especially so with the spacer and iso copper throttle body.

Old 11-18-2007 | 06:51 PM
|
Got my tires mounted today, but was really unimpressed with the work at Fountain Tire. I paid about $60 more to go there because they have newer equipment, but they ended up mounting one 245 on the front, and a 225 on the back , left my headlights on for some reason during the balance , and seemed to be accelerating a bit too hard when they got the thing off the lift.
That solidifies my opinion of FT, I won't take my cars there any more, they've pissed me off more than once. And anyone who abuses my car will get 1) supreme **** and 2) NO more business from me. No excuse for it. Sorry you had a bad experience, Asad.

Old 11-19-2007 | 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
That solidifies my opinion of FT, I won't take my cars there any more, they've pissed me off more than once. And anyone who abuses my car will get 1) supreme **** and 2) NO more business from me. No excuse for it. Sorry you had a bad experience, Asad.
Ha thnx wayne , I was just feeling like an idiot for spending 100+ for a tire installation when I am sure would get the same quality of installation at a Canadian Tire. When the service advisor came back with my key, I was pretty pissed but I doubt he cared. I was going to throw a whole fit when I realised that they installed the tires mixed!! Like cmon, you claim you are tire experts but you put a 225 and a 245 on the back!! One thing that got me even more pissed off is one of my resurfaced 18s ($100 per rim) has a scratch on it! I was going to argue about it today when I discovered it last night, but I realised I had no case. I was planning to take pictures of all the rims the same day before the mounting and installation in the parking lot, but after seeing that 07 G35 parked in the parking lot; I thought I was being too **** about my car.

^^Sorry about the rant, but I have learned that money != service quality. I will get my PIAA balanced from the shop itself before shipping it out, and installing them myself. Not going to let that same thing happen to 2k rims...

Last edited by Asad_A203; 11-19-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2007 | 04:34 PM
Ha thnx wayne , I was just feeling like an idiot for spending 100+ for a tire installation when I am sure would get the same quality of installation at a Canadian Tire. When the service advisor came back with my key, I was pretty pissed but I doubt he cared. I was going to throw a whole fit when I realised that they installed the tires mixed!! Like cmon, you claim you are tire experts but you put a 225 and a 245 on the back!! One thing that got me even more pissed off is one of my resurfaced 18s ($100 per rim) has a scratch on it! I was going to argue about it today when I discovered it last night, but I realised I had no case. I was planning to take pictures of all the rims the same day before the mounting and installation in the parking lot, but after seeing that 07 G35 parked in the parking lot; I thought I was being too **** about my car.

^^Sorry about the rant, but I have learned that money != service quality. I will get my PIAA balanced from the shop itself before shipping it out, and installing them myself. Not going to let that same thing happen to 2k rims...
FWIW, I had two rims damaged during winter change-over at Tire Craft. They made good on the damage, sending the mobile wheel re-finisher to do the job at my office to minimize my inconvenience. I had to pressurize them a bit before they did the last step - their prior best offer was for me to bring the car to them.

Old 11-19-2007 | 11:52 PM
Ha sucks man, that means Winnipeg is due for some this week.

Got my tires mounted today, but was really unimpressed with the work at Fountain Tire. I paid about $60 more to go there because they have newer equipment, but they ended up mounting one 245 on the front, and a 225 on the back , left my headlights on for some reason during the balance , and seemed to be accelerating a bit too hard when they got the thing off the lift. Positive side, there was a nice 07 G35 Sedan getting its tires changed as well.

The car drives alot better then my Michelin Pilots, only thing I need to resist is my foot off the throttle, burning too much rubber. Think I am set for the white stuff now.

Got my Blizzak Ws60's on tonight, hope these puppies make me proud! I'm a little afraid of my first traffic light on an icy big hill tho... That would be embarrassing if I couldn't move forward

Old 11-20-2007 | 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by G35Sask
Got my Blizzak Ws60's on tonight, hope these puppies make me proud! I'm a little afraid of my first traffic light on an icy big hill tho... That would be embarrassing if I couldn't move forward
Should be no problemo. The G with good to great snows is passable as a winter ride. I couldn't justify buying mine as only a summer car. BE safe.

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:08 AM
just a sedan
how do they work on dry roads and rain? looking at these

Old 11-20-2007 | 09:24 AM
|
Originally Posted by snavematt
how do they work on dry roads and rain? looking at these
I find mine to be a softer ride all around in the dry, with a bit more push in corners, definitely not a performance tire. A little less positive on-centre, car tends to wander a little whereas with my Toyos they track arrow-straight. No real experience in the wet yet. But ANYthing will be better than my Toyo TPT A/S tires in the snow.

Last edited by Swivel; 11-20-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:23 AM
got my first dumping of grease today, glad i had the snows on, but even they had a hard time accelerating, though i have to say they worked quite well braking.

i think i'll have to get the old sand bags out and air the tires down a bit (running 35-37 for the dry), tried driving with the vdc off, wasn't very successful, but i have to admit i'm surprised at how well it works.
i was expecting a bit more out of the toyos, but i guess it's a trade-off, speed rating, or torque transfer ability...

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:32 AM
|
Just ordered a set of BS Dueler Revo's for the wife's Expedition. The old Wrangler ATS's have done their duty, time to retire them. So to speak.

Old 02-16-2008 | 09:11 PM
|
They're here and on, too bad the truck's so dang dirty or I'd send pics.

Old 02-17-2008 | 08:07 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
How do they work on that monster of a vehicle? Wow, that must use a lot of fuel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my winters from TireRack, wish me luck