Canada Serving Canada.

Just ordered my winters from TireRack, wish me luck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007 | 05:39 PM
|
Alright already, I can't take it any more!

Shane
Ian
Wayne
Deane

As you can see, not much diff from my summer setup - the stock 17's are a spare set I bought used last spring; they have a bit of rash and perhaps some pitting (a thorough cleanup will tell) which makes them perfect for winters cuz I won't worry about ruining them. They cost barely more than cheap aftermarket alu rims or even Crappy Tire steelies, so overall I'm happy with the setup.

Last edited by Swivel; 11-10-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2007 | 05:49 PM
Hip-hip-hooray !!!! The pics are here, the pics are here
DOMO DOMO
Looks good Wayne
I am sure you will find the WS-60s amazing in the slippery stuff.
I have run the 50s on my last two cars and they are awesome and the 60s are supposed to be an improvement.

I'm anxious to hear your evaluation once the inclement weather comes.

Old 11-10-2007 | 05:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hip-hip-hooray !!!! The pics are here, the pics are here
DOMO DOMO
Looks good Wayne
I am sure you will find the WS-60s amazing in the slippery stuff.
I have run the 50s on my last two cars and they are awesome and the 60s are supposed to be an improvement.

I'm anxious to hear your evaluation once the inclement weather comes.
Weatherman says I might get to try them out for real on Tuesday. If not, then most likely next weekend when we travel out to Banff. Unless it's too hairy then we'll take the Expedition.

Old 11-10-2007 | 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Weatherman says I might get to try them out for real on Tuesday. If not, then most likely next weekend when we travel out to Banff. Unless it's too hairy then we'll take the Expedition.
Not good news Wayne, I just got the car back and I still need to get my winter boots installed. How much white stuff is in the forecast?

Old 11-10-2007 | 06:52 PM
|
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Not good news Wayne, I just got the car back and I still need to get my winter boots installed. How much white stuff is in the forecast?
Actually I just checked and it seems to have disappeared from the forecast. You got extra wheels with mounted winters? Or you need a changeover onto your current rims? Yeah, would be hard to find a shop to do that between now and Tues but looks like we may have gotten a reprieve.

Old 11-10-2007 | 09:58 PM
Traveling Administrator
Well I'll be god damn, snuffaluffogous lives!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to think I had a better chance seeing Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Great setup Wayne. I've never seen an EM Sedan in person before but it's certainly a great color!!

Old 11-10-2007 | 10:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Well I'll be god damn, snuffaluffogous lives!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to think I had a better chance seeing Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Great setup Wayne. I've never seen an EM Sedan in person before but it's certainly a great color!!
hahaha ......
Unbelievable

Old 11-10-2007 | 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Christian, I might have missed it, how did your car turn out?

Old 11-11-2007 | 12:20 AM
|
I got a Big Foot right here, and it's labeled "For deposit: Shane's a$$" j/k acourse

It is a cool colour, I have to admit, almost a metalflake. Dunno if I told you but I actually set out to buy a red one, only looked at the EM to get a price on paper that I could use to bargain on the red one. Fell in love with the green and got a way better price anyway!

Old 11-11-2007 | 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Alright already, I can't take it any more!

Shane
Ian
Wayne
Deane

As you can see, not much diff from my summer setup - the stock 17's are a spare set I bought used last spring; they have a bit of rash and perhaps some pitting (a thorough cleanup will tell) which makes them perfect for winters cuz I won't worry about ruining them. They cost barely more than cheap aftermarket alu rims or even Crappy Tire steelies, so overall I'm happy with the setup.

Nice setup, how much did the Blizzaks run you?

Old 11-11-2007 | 12:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Nice setup, how much did the Blizzaks run you?
BS Blizzak WS60 Tires: $113 ea for a total of $452 US
Shipping $95.74
Duty, GST and brokerage $117.91 (less than I expected)
Mount and balance $106

Total: $771.65

Quote from local shop: $1038.08

Savings: $266.43

Old 11-11-2007 | 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Christian, I might have missed it, how did your car turn out?
I picked up my car on Thursday afternoon, It looks pretty good to me. There are still a couple of internal pieces that are going to be replaced when the parts arrive (they were able to fix the old ones as a temporary solution). Things would have been done much quicker if ordering parts didn't take so long. I also noticed few dust specs I see that settled in the paint but they're going to fix that when they do the rest. At least I'm back in my car. I was getting a little tired of the rental.

Oh, and the bastards stole my washer fluid trunk net so I'll have to go get that next week.

Old 11-11-2007 | 08:07 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Glad to hear that you're getting things sorted out.
It's always a PITA when you have to keep chasing them for the little things though.

Old 11-11-2007 | 08:20 AM
Well I'm glad you finally got her back, good luck on getting the rest of the little things fixed up.

Old 11-11-2007 | 09:45 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Great to see those pics Wayne. Very nice. I'm sure you're itching for snow now. I take it that's your Expedition in the background along with the Open Road trailer. That car of yours looks in good shape. I've got dozens of chips in mine even with the clear bra. After our Quebec trip I had 14 spots I had to touch up with paint.

Get those lowers painted in the spring and you're good to go!

Christian, nice to hear you're getting back in the saddle. Waiting for a car repair and then picking over flaws isn't fun. I've been there before too. Best of luck with the final outcome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my winters from TireRack, wish me luck