Canada Serving Canada.

Does it seem like no Canadians Mod their G's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any of you fine folks with Turbo's / Superchargers have any issues with driving them in the winter? Reliability issues, not traction issues. And what kind of maintenance is involved with running a boosted g in our fine Canadian winters? I'm looking to go boosted but am a little worried about the -20 to -30 degree weather I see sometimes here in Calgary.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Nice pic Bill ...the 20's look sweet
Just call me "son of chico"....

Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoaxer
Any of you fine folks with Turbo's / Superchargers have any issues with driving them in the winter? Reliability issues, not traction issues. And what kind of maintenance is involved with running a boosted g in our fine Canadian winters? I'm looking to go boosted but am a little worried about the -20 to -30 degree weather I see sometimes here in Calgary.
Hey Hoaxer, a little OT but be sure to sign up in the Western Canada Members Registry sticky in this section.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Ride Canada
Madelinot, how much did you get your Turbo kit, and how much did it cost you to install it? new motor?
I'm trying to figure out approx. how much it will cost me if I'm gonna do TT?
thanks for the help!

edit: nvm. just read your thread, i guess some of the quesion you don't have to answer LOL
I am not sure where in BC you live but Rocket Rally is in Squamish (I think) and they are APS dealers and they are supposed to be a top notch shop with exellent tuners. In the West Rocket Rally and Tuner Works are the only certified APS dealers as far as I know.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Madelinot
I have a few mods over here too:
  • APS Intercooled Twin Turbo
  • Crawford cast Plenum
  • ATS twin-carbon clutch
  • Labree testpipes
  • APS true dual exhaust
  • Methanol/Water Injection Kit
  • Kuruma Z bumper and Impul sides
  • Plus a few other things like gauges, tint, etc.

I have a built engine in my garage (with all the goodies), ready to be dropped in next spring, shooting for 550+WHP. I do my own work on my car because I can't find anyone competent enough that I trust, even in Toronto or Montréal (I tried). That's my daily driver and I drive the crap out of it every chance I get . Best time so far is 12.5@115mph (no traction). My car is currently in sleeping mode for the winter. I'm 37, live in Ottawa. Some pics :
It's great to see some Ottawa folks on this forum. How would you go about tuning the vehicle though? That's two of us that have the Kuruma Z bumper here now.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
It's great to see some Ottawa folks on this forum. How would you go about tuning the vehicle though? That's two of us that have the Kuruma Z bumper here now.
That's great. I've never seen your car around... I usually do my own tuning.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
That's great. I've never seen your car around... I usually do my own tuning.
My cars stock except for the rims at the moment. I have both the Kenstyle front and sides plus the Kuruma Z in the garage waiting for spring. You tune it without a dyno? I'm really interested in getting my car boosted and seeing somebody do it on their own is nuts. I took co-op at shop but I don't think I'll ever have the ***** to install my own supercharger or turbocharger. BTW do you ever get pulled over for no front license plate? I'm also guessing she isn't your daily driver.

Last edited by The-Dream; 12-12-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I am not sure where in BC you live but Rocket Rally is in Squamish (I think) and they are APS dealers and they are supposed to be a top notch shop with exellent tuners. In the West Rocket Rally and Tuner Works are the only certified APS dealers as far as I know.
noooiiceeee, thanks for letting me know!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 PM
My cars stock except for the rims at the moment.BTW do you ever get pulled over for no front license plate? I'm also guessing she isn't your daily driver.
Nice car, I love the rims.

Of course, it's my daily driver. I commute to work and school everyday with it. I've taken trips with it, longest one being ~5,000km. Sure is fun in the mountains... I'm in Montréal every other week. I've put over 50,000km on it since the turbo install almost 3 years ago. However, I store it for the winter months.

I was stopped once this Summer for the license plate. I immediatly put it on in front of the cop and I removed it when i got home. Cops usually don't bother me. If only they knew (tell me you're not a cop)... :-)

Doing tuning on the street is actually better because you recreate real environment. However, you really have to be careful (better with 2 persons). But I've also used a dyno in the past. In fact, here I am doing some tuning on a dyno in Toronto:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4D130E95-B914-4FD9-B7E9-E9E1B299E942.htmhttp://videos.streetfire.net/video/9F6D990B-36F7-41A6-AC34-F4C576FC5D9B.htm
Traction? What traction? --> http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8534129F-8301-475D-BF9D-6715F38D0014.htm

Later,

Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
My car is my daily driver so reliability is important. Also it's an AT so I'm not likely to use it for any kind of motor sport. I prefer to keep it clean. In a couple years I'll need to replace the rotors so I might look in to upgrading the brakes. The OEM brakes are great though so I may have a hard time justifying it.

Personally, if I had the choice between spending big dollars on mods or going with a more potent car that costs more, I'd take the other car and keep it stock.

That being said, there are some amazing modded G's that I imagine make their owners very proud.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Nice car, I love the rims.

Of course, it's my daily driver. I commute to work and school everyday with it. I've taken trips with it, longest one being ~5,000km. Sure is fun in the mountains... I'm in Montréal every other week. I've put over 50,000km on it since the turbo install almost 3 years ago. However, I store it for the winter months.

I was stopped once this Summer for the license plate. I immediatly put it on in front of the cop and I removed it when i got home. Cops usually don't bother me. If only they knew (tell me you're not a cop)... :-)

Doing tuning on the street is actually better because you recreate real environment. However, you really have to be careful (better with 2 persons). But I've also used a dyno in the past. In fact, here I am doing some tuning on a dyno in Toronto:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...E1B299E942.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...C576FC5D9B.htm

Traction? What traction? --> http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...15F38D0014.htm

Later,
Man your G35 is badass. Should throw some wheels on it.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Man your G35 is badass. Should throw some wheels on it.
Yeah, I almost did last year. My wife just thought I had spent more than enough on it already. Besides, I kinda like the stock wheels and love the sleeper look...