Canada Serving Canada.

"THE" DRL for US Imports Thread - Please Post all releated pictures and questions!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007 | 12:12 AM
|
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I think I am getting dumber reading this thread. You bought a US car and saved thousands of dollars, $200 dosent seem like a lot of money to make your $30,000+ car legal.
uh i think you r missing the point. I do not like people touching the car, because I know what kind of idiots work at these places and the job which would cost me in excess of $300 will not be to my satisfaction and would only serve to irritate and bug me further So I prefer to do my own research slowly and then bring it to somewhereI trust or do it myself. Throwing money helps only if its going to the right place. I will NOT pay 125 for a relay thats just being stupid. And 2 hours labour? LOL

Old 12-21-2007 | 08:09 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
Get a grip of your *****, you guys are losing them. My car I do whatever I want. LOL. I just prefer to get my resgistration completed and over and done with while I slowly research how to do the DRLs properly, and PS..theres a DRL switch on the stalk if people with US cars want to run the side markers as DRLs during the day... and I doubt anyone is going to notice, its snowy and gloomy I usually run with my headlights on anyways. the piggys arent that smart to know how each car runs its DRLs.

Oh, that infiniti woman at the dealership, shes talking about an aftermarket DRL module.. I doubt there even is a module, maybe a relay...$125 LOL If the fogs run 100% whenever the ignition is on, then when the autolight goes on it becomes normal again?
meaning it can be turned on and off?

I hope you're not referring to me.

Old 12-21-2007 | 10:17 AM
|
Originally Posted by RBull
I hope you're not referring to me.
muahaha... in general LOL

Old 12-21-2007 | 10:17 AM
I'm on the same page w/ jdanielsg. My mechanic got the DRL working with a relay to the fog light (which is not a bad solution), but I removed it after because I don't like the dangling wires under the hood.

I don't like overpaying dealers to do the overpriced work, it's not just the price, just my principle. Mechanics at Canadian Tire are not going anywhere near my car.

Car's in storage for winter, so I can install my own DRL (I'll run it most of the time but I like having control over what lights up and not):
https://g35driver.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-diy/123555-diy-guide-kptechnology-fog-module-install.html
http://www.kptechnologies.com/
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=488

Old 12-21-2007 | 10:27 AM
|
I know eh, I wouldnt even bring my Mazda3 to crappy tire, let alone the Infiniti LOL I am letting one of those listed independent centres do the inspection, that way I will be there looking over their shoulders and such.

Old 12-21-2007 | 12:03 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
muahaha... in general LOL

Whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing my car to a shop that would risk their reputation by skirting the law.

P.S. There is no such thing as a DRL switch.

Last edited by RBull; 12-22-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2007 | 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
P.S. There is no such thing as a DRL switch.
It's a fog light switch. I can turn the fog light on to act as DRL, or I can choose to turn it off.

Old 12-21-2007 | 12:29 PM
I have thought of adding DRL's to my G's just as a safety feature. It seems pretty straightforward to connect. Connect the trigger terminals of a relay ($25 is way too much to pay for a simple 20 or 30 amp automotive relay) to a switched power source. Connect one lead of the load terminals to the battery and the other to the fog or city lights. A high current diode may be required for the wire coming out of the harness for the fog light and another on the wire coming from the relay wire to the fog light to make sure there is no interference.

Old 12-21-2007 | 01:50 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Phatty
It's a fog light switch. I can turn the fog light on to act as DRL, or I can choose to turn it off.
Yes, it's a fog light switch and it has an on off function. The law doesn't accept your definition and operation of a DRL.

Old 12-23-2007 | 06:19 PM
|
inspection done..didnt even look at the car. stamped the paper, I had it prefilled and I was done 30 mins later I was getting plates at MTO.

Old 03-06-2008 | 09:39 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
* bump for Deane

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:34 AM
|
thanks for finding but no one said anything useful hmmm n who is deane