Canada Serving Canada.

Torque wrench at Cdn Tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
IDK about you but I'd scream like a girl.
Ian, it's a torque wrench not a torque wench.
SwivelMan ... Was mine the only OTHER twisted mind that picked up on this? Nicely done, indeed...
See above
As I hit the post button, I realized that there was fun to be had. I was in a hurry and thought I'd leave it. Glad I did. As Wayne ( GEE35X ) will tell you, it's very gratifying to let out a baited line and leave it for a while to see if there's any action.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
SwivelMan ... Was mine the only OTHER twisted mind that picked up on this? Nicely done, indeed...
See above
As I hit the post button, I realized that there was fun to be had. I was in a hurry and thought I'd leave it. Glad I did. As Wayne ( GEE35X ) will tell you, it's very gratifying to let out a baited line and leave it for a while to see if there's any action.
Sam I'm surprised you rembered that from the old Torque Wrench (wench) thread. Your memory banks are working much better than some of us OF's

guys, your torque wrench will last you forever and stay accurate if you follow a few simple rules.

-always store your torque wrench in a clean dry place, preferably at room temp.

-always return your torque wrench to one of the lowest settings when you are done with it. (the internal springs will not take a set and cause inaccuracy, if you do this)

-always treat your torque wrench with care, do not drop it or leave it laying around, it is a precision instrument.

-do not loan out your torque wrench unless you know for sure the person will treat the wrench as you do.

If you follow these steps your wrench will serve you well. I have tested mine over a 10 year period and it is still as accurate as day one by following these simple steps.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
It happens all the time.
I was at a local shop and I saw how they handled their torque wrenches. I asked when they were last tested and recalibrated. The guy looked at me with a blank look on his face and just said "uhhhh????"
I asked him if I could take it to my shop and test it, and if it was out I would recalibrate it for him. It was out a country mile, I think it was off about 12% if I remember correctly. They never reset it back to a minimum setting when they were done for the day, just left it on the high settings. I'm sure it had been dropped a few times. I ended up doing a major rebuild on the torque wrench (replacing internal spring, pivot block, etc) . I never trust them.

I just had my car serviced at my Infiniti dealers. A week later I changed my rims and I am positive my wheel studs were torqued a bit on the high side. At least it certainly felt like it when I was changing to my summers.
You're right. It does. Good story Wayne. I have to add I don't think a lot of shops even use a torque wrench. They set their air guns to max and shoot out whatever is set at the compressor tank.

thanks also for the tips above!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=GEE35X]Sam I'm surprised you rembered that from the old Torque Wrench (wench) thread. Your memory banks are working much better than some of us OF's

I thought it felt familiar as I stroked the keys. Your memory isn't shooting no blanks either there Wayne, U OF U. Remember these

Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=whatacar]
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Sam I'm surprised you rembered that from the old Torque Wrench (wench) thread. Your memory banks are working much better than some of us OF's

I thought it felt familiar as I stroked the keys. Your memory isn't shooting no blanks either there Wayne, U OF U. Remember these

Old 04-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol Ian, wh'd you close this thread? Just taking your mod powers for a test drive?

16:58, 22nd Apr 2008 InTgr8r Closed Thread
17:22, 22nd Apr 2008 InTgr8r Opened Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
LOL, he's gotta try out the power of the mod. You don't get nothing without taking it for a test drive

Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
lol Ian, wh'd you close this thread? Just taking your mod powers for a test drive?

LOL... it was weird...
I was on the thread when 'Driver locked up on me for about 5min

Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
See above
I must learn patience, Master.

Signed, Grasshopper.

LMAO at Torque Wench. I don't think you can get those at CT.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
I must learn patience, Master.
Signed, Grasshopper.
LMAO at Torque Wench. I don't think you can get those at CT.
LOL, It may be different out West Wayne. In Ont. you can find Torque Wenches in isle 14 or hanging around tire racks ( natural camouflage ). Some of those racks are really large. You must be careful tho, some of them go all the way up to 350 ft/lbs.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Was it something I said ? Or perhapse you were going to move it to AG?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
LOL, It may be different out West Wayne. In Ont. you can find Torque Wenches in isle 14 or hanging around tire racks ( natural camouflage ). Some of those racks are really large. You must be careful tho, some of them go all the way up to 350 ft/lbs.
Gotta luv big racks...

(see how easy it is to get me to take the bait )

Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Had the worst experience at CT on Saturday. I'd picked up some lithium lubricant for my door hinges and was also looking for a low-prof floor jack. They were both on a high shelf and I had decided I didn't want the lube, only the hydraulic jack. Now being barely 5'7" I had a lot of trouble getting the lube down and it was looking next to impossible for me to reach the jack. It's always hard to find help in that store, but luckily a staff member happened along. She was blonde, gorgeous, and around 6 feet tall. I figured, this is my lucky day, she will be able to reach high enough to replace the lithium lubricant on the shelf and to get the hydraulic jack down for me.

So I asked her, I sez...

"Would you please help me get this lube on and jack off?"

It wasn't until after I'd gotten medical attention and I was in back seat the squad car that I'd realized I'd sort of said it wrong.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
words fail me.....

Old 04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Torque wrench at Cdn Tire