Canada Serving Canada.

Ariel Atom USA has changed....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Ariel Atom USA has changed....

Looks like Brammo has backed away from it.

Wonder what this means for the AAE?

Ariel Atom North American Headquarters to locate at VIRginia International Raceway
DANVILLE, VA. - TMI AutoTech, Inc., the new, exclusive manufacturers of the "Ariel Atom 3" supercar for North America, announced that its operations will be headquartered at VIRginia International Raceway's Raceplex industrial park.

"We are thrilled that the Ariel Atom 3 is going to be built here at VIR," said track General Manager Josh Lief. "The car is one of the most exciting cars available to the public. Its performance level makes it a great match for VIR's challenge." Lief continued, commenting that: "the Ariel Atom Experience is one of the most thrilling track days anyone has staged at VIR. We anticipate a long and happy relationship with them."

Selected from among other locations across the U.S. and Canada, the VIR location will be used for (<delete>) the Ariel Atom Experience, a way for customers to discover the thrill of driving an Ariel Atom on the track.
Clients experience the cars and track after classroom instruction from professional race drivers and are guided through the steps of learning how to drive the cars quickly and safely on VIR's scenic course. At a curb weight of only 1,400 pounds and with as much as 300 horsepower coming from their supercharged GM Ecotec or new Honda two-liter engines, the cars, even in basic spec, are capable of accelerating from zero to 60 mph in under three seconds.

If watching races on TV and talking about it around the water cooler just doesn't fill your need for speed any longer, the Ariel Atom Experience is just the ticket. Designed as a safe and thrilling day for novices and seasoned high-performance drivers alike, the Experience includes:
A fleet of new track-equipped Ariel Atoms One-on-one professional instruction Extensive track time driving the Atom Use of custom driving equipment Gourmet food & refreshments Comfortable "pro racing" trackside hospitality facilities Professional event photography In-car video and more.

TMI AutoTech plans to occupy an existing building at Raceplex with plans to invest $1.5 million in machinery and building modifications. The company will employ 75% of their staff locally. VIR will serve as a host location for future gatherings of Ariel Atom owners and prospective owners. TMI Autotech, Inc. will also be doing business with various support businesses in the region. "We will need metal stamping, bending, forming and fabrication services along with sub-assembly and other services to support our business", explained Dave Goadby, President & CEO of TMI AutoTech, Inc.

VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. Reopened in 2000, VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort." In addition to its historic 3.27 mile natural-terrain road racing circuit, VIR is the cornerstone of VIR Club, America's first motorsports country club; the VIR Raceplex Industrial Park and Motorsports Technology Park, which includes the Virginia Institute for Performance Engineering and Research ("VIPER"); the Plantation Valley Kart Track, a 5/8 mile paved natural terrain karting circuit; an expanding variety of on-site lodging (including 45 hotel rooms and the trackside Villas which are for sale); Camp Motorsport for enthusiasts of all ages; and the Oak Tree Tavern, a full-service restaurant located within the circa-1840 Plantation Clubhouse.

VIR's calendar for 2008 includes a new Sports Car Club of America double-national race April 12-13; the return of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototypes, plus supporting events including the inaugural SCCA VW Jetta TDI Cup race plus SPEED Challenge Touring cars, Formula SAE Collegiate Challenge and MOTO-ST motorcycles on April 25-27. "Wings and Wheels" air and car show joins with the Heacock Classic Historic Races vintage weekend, June 6-8. The AMA Big Kahuna Superbike National on August 15-17 brings America's best Superbike racers to VIR's North Course; GT Live and the KONI Challenge bring a combination of motorcycle stunts, drifting, track attack and endurance sports car races; all combined with a wide variety of amateur and vintage road racing throughout the year. The season ends with the US Kart Grand Prix, December 12-14.

Season passes to VIR's major events are a great deal at $350. Season passes include preferred parking and access to the major spectator events. For information on the track and other event schedules, call 434-822-7700 or check our web site at www.virclub.com.

Contacts:
David Goadby- President, TMI AutoTech, Inc. 905.726.8623 ext. 22
Josh Lief, General Manager, VIRginia International Raceway 434.822.7700 ext. 102
Mike Eades, Executive Director, IDA Halifax County Virginia 434.572.1734

Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Interesting, Ian. hmmmm.
C.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I would love to have one of these, but they are SO over priced. The one I want is over $50K, that's rediculous even if it is a world beater.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting post Ian. You're right about Bramma. David Goadby continues on as President of this company so he must be relocating.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
... Just got an e-mail from Trak Motorsport ; looks like the AAE is still in place.
They're looking to book us for next year with a 10% discount.
Looks like the schedule has expanded.....

Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Race City at the end of May, YES! I hope we still have a track by then...

Although, 2 grand for a day's fun...gulp...

Last edited by Swivel; 02-19-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Race City at the end of May, YES! I hope we still have a track by then...

Although, 2 grand for a day's fun...gulp...
We did the Silver last year... not quite as much track time, but easier on the wallet.
We lapped well past the 3pm that they show on the schedule.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
... Just got an e-mail from Trak Motorsport ; looks like the AAE is still in place.
They're looking to book us for next year with a 10% discount.
Looks like the schedule has expanded.....

Not surprised since I think David Goadby was the head chap we met at our event and who you may have dealt with initially. Kind of looks like he just took over the manufacturing side too and has expanded events into the US which he indicated last year was planned for '08.

You mean this year (08)? The price seems to be up about 50%.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by RBull
Not surprised since I think David Goadby was the head chap we met at our event and who you may have dealt with initially. Kind of looks like he just took over the manufacturing side too and has expanded events into the US which he indicated last year was planned for '08.

You mean this year (08)? The price seems to be up about 50%.
Oops... yeah '08.
I don't remember last years $ w/o looking it up....
Either way I don't think $795 less 10, will fit my budget this year, ...too many other things on the go.

:edit:
$495 last year

Last edited by InTgr8r; 02-19-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Oops... yeah '08.
Either way I don't think $795 less 10, will fit my budget this year, ...too many other things on the go.

$495 last year
$495 I could live with. $795 is pushing it.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Rated M

Oops... yeah '08.

$495 last year
Yeah, mine was $524 but that must be tax or something. Same here on the budget also considering flight etc.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i also received that email and was surprised by the price hike. i honestly thought it was a little high when we went last year.. but whatever.

i had a couple friends that wanted to come this year as well... but seeing the new pricing structure was very disappointing. for a couple hundred more i can go to cuba for an all-inclusive week away. it's a shame because it really is a fun time and a great experience.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
LOl, that's quite a price hike.......
As Roman says, not much more will cover a week in Cuba.....

C.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by Msedanman
LOl, that's quite a price hike.......
As Roman says, not much more will cover a week in Cuba.....

C.
I was debating whether or not I'd reply to the e-mail....
I may just give them the feedback from our group.

But.... if they can sell space at that number, more power to them.

Consider ourselves lucky we did it last year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ariel Atom USA has changed....