To be honest... It looks horrible :S

Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
it is actually very easy to fix.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by CDN_Drew
Not that this really has to do with your question (and I agree that it looks absurd tinted around the light so def get it redone), but I just wanted to ask...35% tint on side windows, 20% on rear window?
Yes, and it looks like they did 20% on the small part of the rear side window. (the part that does not go up/down. Its hardly noticable so it still looks very good.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I posted a couple pics. It was Houghton. I recall the name from hearing them talk on the phone when Infiniti called them. I have to go back anyways. They are replacing my steering column (and it looks like they'll be replacing rear window tint also)
If you're getting the column replaced due to movement/clunk after it auto-adjusts it's a waste of time. They did mine and it didn't fix the problem. They also must have overtightened the mechanism and the tilt motor really struggles now. I've turned the feature off...

Oh yeah, the tint cutout looks bad - good luck getting it re-done.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Hmmm, pity about the cutout..... ...... Fixing shouldn't be any big deal for them except it means another trip for you.....

Guelph Infiniti uses 3M Trim-Line (Mississauga) which I have had done before and also Houghton in Guelph which I've not used.

G/L with the fix....

Colin
I just spoke to Adam at Everything Automotive - By Houghton, in Guelph. The first thing he says to me on the phone is that they will redo the rear window but that it's illegal.
Any comments on how stupid this sounds. So he's willing to perform an illegal modification to my car. I just have to take it there and be without it for a day...again!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I just spoke to Adam at Everything Automotive - By Houghton, in Guelph. The first thing he says to me on the phone is that they will redo the rear window but that it's illegal.
Any comments on how stupid this sounds. So he's willing to perform an illegal modification to my car. I just have to take it there and be without it for a day...again!
Thats good, at least you are getting it fixed up the way you want it.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah.. that really looks off and weird. it wouldn't have looked so bad if the housing on the light was black. should look perfect after.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 PM
BTW the rear window is being re-done, no-charge. I should be happy but I hate the inconvenience of not having my car. It's getting redone next Tuesday. I'll post up a before/after pic when it's fixed.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey,
I had the same problem with my g but do you think it's worth it to put the tint there? Considering they have to take everything apart and it is plastic afterall and wont it start to rattle after some time?
I suggest not doing it because there's a chance the rear end will start to rattle a bit.

i might be wrong....

Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Godfather
Hey,
I had the same problem with my g but do you think it's worth it to put the tint there? Considering they have to take everything apart and it is plastic afterall and wont it start to rattle after some time?
I suggest not doing it because there's a chance the rear end will start to rattle a bit.

i might be wrong....
It is definitely worth doing Manbir. I have had cars done both ways and it looks so much better with the full rear window done, and no issues later.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
It is definitely worth doing Manbir. I have had cars done both ways and it looks so much better with the full rear window done, and no issues later.
Like everyone else here, one of the biggest attractions I had to wanting to own this car is it's appearance. This tint just looks to awful to leave it. It reminds me of something I would have done to my 76 Pinto when I was a 16 year old and in to much of a hurry to do it right. Yes I said Pinto. with a Boom,Boom, Boom not a Zoom, Zoom, Zoom.
Anyway, it will all be over soon. It goes back to the shop Tuesday for a facelift (or would it be a butt lift, )

Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^good decision getting it done.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
+1000, that cutout SUXX, please retint!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, and it looks like they did 20% on the small part of the rear side window. (the part that does not go up/down. Its hardly noticable so it still looks very good.
Why the darker tint on the rear window if I might ask?

Old 03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like everyone else here, one of the biggest attractions I had to wanting to own this car is it's appearance. This tint just looks to awful to leave it. It reminds me of something I would have done to my 76 Pinto when I was a 16 year old and in to much of a hurry to do it right. Yes I said Pinto. with a Boom,Boom, Boom not a Zoom, Zoom, Zoom.
Anyway, it will all be over soon. It goes back to the shop Tuesday for a facelift (or would it be a butt lift, )
Yeah; definately do it. Draws attention to your brake light; err I mean the contrast between the casing and the brake light;haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinting Laws...nothing to do with %