Canada Serving Canada.

Tinting Laws...nothing to do with %

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Tinting Laws...nothing to do with %

I just had my windows tinted, 35%. It was done by a guy through my local Infiniti Dealer in Ontario. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG] /><st1:State w:st=[/IMG]Ontario</st1:State>
<font color=" /><st1:State w:st="on"></ST1</st1:State><FONT color=black>The question I have is why did they cut the tint around the rear window brake light? Is this law here or do I have a complaint? To me it looks awful not to mention ridiculous. My friend’s Maxima is tinted and they never cut the tint around the brake light. It looks so much better and the tint doesn't interfere with seeing the brake light shining when in use.
<FONT color=black>Thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
depends on the installer....
It's just easier to trim around the light.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:26 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
LAW has nothing to do with it

Some people request to do it some don't

When I had mine done guy asked me if I want it cut out or no.

I said no so he removed the light and tinted the entire window then put the light back in place.

You should have told them not to cut it out.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They didn't do that for my tint... Looks like a nice set of smoked 3rd taillight

Old 03-27-2008, 07:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I just had my windows tinted, 35%. It was done by a guy through my local Infiniti Dealer in Ontario. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG] /><st1:State w:st=[/IMG]Ontario</st1:State>
<font color=" /><st1:State w:st="on"></ST1</st1:State><FONT color=black>The question I have is why did they cut the tint around the rear window brake light? Is this law here or do I have a complaint? To me it looks awful not to mention ridiculous. My friend’s Maxima is tinted and they never cut the tint around the brake light. It looks so much better and the tint doesn't interfere with seeing the brake light shining when in use.
<FONT color=black>Thanks
Paul, Where was the G tinted???
Colin

Old 03-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
There was no need for him to cut around the brake light, just lazy

Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Window Tinting....?

Originally Posted by Hossmaxima
There was no need for him to cut around the brake light, just lazy
Chances are he is damn lazy, not suprising....

Old 03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Paul, Where was the G tinted???
Colin
Guelph Infiniti and I think it was Houghton. I was actually in to have the 'play' in the power steering wheel looked at when I decided it was tint time and they said they could get it done the same day. I have had no contact with the tint company and no one asked me if I wanted it cut around the light. No way I would have said yes to it. It was Tuesday during the snow storm when it was done so I didn't notice the 'cut-out' until I was home the next day. My interior is wheat so the colour contrast between the brake light casing and the 20% tint is so noticeable. They will be hearing from me and this WILL be fixed
Be honest, tell me how this looks;

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 03-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Guelph Infiniti and I don't know exactly who they used I think started with an H. I was actually in to have the 'play' in the power steering wheel looked at when I decided it was tint time and they said they could get it done the same day. I have had no contact with the tint company and no one asked me if I wanted it cut around the light. No way I would have said yes to it. It was Tuesday during the snow storm when it was done so I didn't notice the 'cut-out' until I was home the next day. My interior is wheat so the colour contrast between the brake light casing and the 20% tint is so noticeable. They will be hearing from me and this WILL be fixed.,
Hmmm, pity about the cutout..... ...... Fixing shouldn't be any big deal for them except it means another trip for you.....

Guelph Infiniti uses 3M Trim-Line (Mississauga) which I have had done before and also Houghton in Guelph which I've not used.

G/L with the fix....

Colin

Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Hmmm, pity about the cutout..... ...... Fixing shouldn't be any big deal for them except it means another trip for you.....

Guelph Infiniti uses 3M Trim-Line (Mississauga) which I have had done before and also Houghton in Guelph which I've not used.

G/L with the fix....

Colin
I posted a couple pics. It was Houghton. I recall the name from hearing them talk on the phone when Infiniti called them. I have to go back anyways. They are replacing my steering column (and it looks like they'll be replacing rear window tint also)

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
get that retinted asap

Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

G/L with the fix....

Colin
Colin they use 3M trim line for the clear bra, but not the tint. They get it done close at a shop close to the Dealership..

They did the same to my 05G35X , so when I had them do my 07X I told them I did not want the cut-out, it was a bit more but worth it. They told me normally they have the cutout.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Be honest, tell me how this looks;

ew ya get it fixed

Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
LAW has nothing to do with it

Some people request to do it some don't

When I had mine done guy asked me if I want it cut out or no.

I said no so he removed the light and tinted the entire window then put the light back in place.

You should have told them not to cut it out.
If I thought for a second a 'professional' would so lazy as to cut around it I might have said something. I honestly never thought of it. I never dealt directly with the tinters and no one asked me anything except what tint % I wanted. They will have to fix this!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that this really has to do with your question (and I agree that it looks absurd tinted around the light so def get it redone), but I just wanted to ask...35% tint on side windows, 20% on rear window?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinting Laws...nothing to do with %