Canada Serving Canada.

Paying for Infiniti Total Ownership Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for Infiniti Total Ownership Experience?

So I'm having my engine replaced, but seeing as I have a 2007 G35 6MT that's not really shocking I'm sure. Luckily the dealership here in Winnipeg didn't even blink an eye. They monitored my oil consumption for 2 oil changes and said it's consuming way too much (down to the minimum after ~4000 kms). So the engine is sitting and waiting for me to take my car in next week.

However, since I purchased my car in the United States (see any of my previous posts) they are requiring me to pay to get the Infiniti Total Ownership experience, which includes car washes, courtesy cars, and special deals on stuff (I say stuff because I'm not exactly sure what its for).

Has anyone else who purchased in the US ran into this issue?

You can imagine I was shocked and appalled when they told me I would have to pay to drive my posh M35X loaner car.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
How much do you have to pay?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
That's really weird. I imported an '06 coupe and ran into some A/C troubles recently. I had no troubles with the warranty (the car only has the standard warranty) service. The dealership didn't make me buy anything extra.

You should call Nissan/Infiniti Canada and confirm that your warranty was transferred and that you are covered.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Does the US have free loaners?
If not I can understand that there could be a cost applied for that.
But overall, it sounds like a cash grab to me.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm looking into it this with Infiniti Canada.

Now that I think about it I'm kind of fuzzy on their reasoning behind it, but the bottom line to them was that I bought the car in the US so somehow it costs them more to provide the Infiniti Total Ownership benefits to me. Whether or not this is a dealership only thing, or if Infiniti Canada reimburses them for the costs of courtesy cars and car washes is beyond me, but I want to make sure I'm not getting sponged for cash.

My question is, if I bought the car in Toronto and took it back to Winnipeg would I still have the same problem . . . or if I moved here from Minneapolis would there be an issue?

However, as far as the warranty goes, there's absolutely no issue.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by koloman
I'm looking into it this with Infiniti Canada.

Now that I think about it I'm kind of fuzzy on their reasoning behind it, but the bottom line to them was that I bought the car in the US so somehow it costs them more to provide the Infiniti Total Ownership benefits to me. Whether or not this is a dealership only thing, or if Infiniti Canada reimburses them for the costs of courtesy cars and car washes is beyond me, but I want to make sure I'm not getting sponged for cash.

My question is, if I bought the car in Toronto and took it back to Winnipeg would I still have the same problem . . . or if I moved here from Minneapolis would there be an issue?

However, as far as the warranty goes, there's absolutely no issue.
Sounds like Birchwood Infiniti is giving you the shaft in terms of that. So what exactly are they charging you? I am positive in the states they have free loaners and all the same benefits we have in Canada (and alot of people flipping out after they go for an oil change and finding their G35 with swirls all over it). I would see what Infiniti Canada says but charging for one of the perks of owning an Infiniti does seem a bit wierd; haha

Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Does the US have free loaners?
If not I can understand that there could be a cost applied for that.
But overall, it sounds like a cash grab to me.
+1 I agree.