Canada Serving Canada.

Any Canadian (ideally GTA) vendors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Canadian (ideally GTA) vendors?

So I'm looking at picking up brakes for my car, and I found a great deal from a vendor on this site, but the problem is, due to international shipping, it became not so great
Are you aware of anyone local that could hook me up? I'm looking for rotors and pads, but would be interested in a package that will include braided SS lines and high performance fluid as well. Price is definitely a concern, but nowhere as much as quality. I have a friend that got rotors for like 45 bucks each new, but everything he buys is no-name knockoff ebay stuff that I would NEVER trust on my car. As for pads, I'm looking at Hawk HP+ or an equivalent.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine from riverside infiniti in Cali, got it shipped here as a "gift / warranty" item and was lucky enough not to get taxed so it turned out to be great savings.

another thing you can do is, i bought a ton of stuff, Tein's, polisher, clothes, etc and shipped it to Niagara US border and picked them all up and drove back over and said I didn't buy anything lol.......

the place is called us address inc and they have a ghetto site but really awesome and safe service as they are beside a police station.
http://www.usaddressinc.com/

I don't buy any luxury items in Canada anymore, always a rip, if I wasn't so happy with the G, I'd try to get a 335i from the states.....

anyway long rant, good luck!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can try these guys http://www.ontappmotorsports.com/
I got Rotora slotted rotors and Hawk pads from them at a better price than I got quoted anywhere else in the GTA.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Where are you located? I'm in Ottawa and I just ordered a complete set of Brembo rotors and Hawks pads from NoLimit autoparts (from Mike). He's a great guy and will get you a good price. I'm paying just over $1,200 for everything if I remember correctly.

Later,

Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Do you have Brembo or Nissan OEM brakes?

Do you track your car or anything? HP+ is pretty aggressive for the street, I run HPS on the street and they perform very well.

As well I picked up Mid-Grade rotors from the same place as Madelinot in Ottawa here, I think they were $79 bucks each and it's exact replica of Brembos rotor blank.

They've held up very nice even at the track. I have a set of Goodridge SS lines as well but haven't put them on yet, I hear they don't make that much difference. If you don't track the car I wouldn't really worry about it.

Oh one more thing, I run Prestone Synthetic DOT 4 fluid on the street and track, you can get it for like 8 bucks at CT.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I have the 2 piston newer sliding calipers. I don't track this car, but I guess I'm used to having a dual purpose track/street car so that leaned me toward the HP+
I'm not sure how pricing differs between the brembo equipped cars and the normal ones, but I got quoted well below 1200 and still thought it was excessive.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh ok the stock nissan brakes...hmm sorry don't have much information for ya since I have OEM Brembos.

Something that might help is I used to run HPS at the track, and never had an issue until I changed to R-Compound Tires. So I would say HPS is a great pad for both street and track, just depends how serious you wanna get. They are pretty good for brake dust, and won't chew up rotors.

I think in your case a good set of pads might be the difference you're looking for. I'd try HPS first...

Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Vic at Simone got me some Front HP+ for $120.
Rotora's I got $280 a pair for fronts from Battle Endless
SS Lines, I just picked some off Tougetuning.ca for $170.