Canada Serving Canada.

Door trim on Coupe -- Difference bw Canadian vs US Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door trim on Coupe -- Difference bw Canadian vs US Coupe?

I tried to search for this topic but couldn't find anything on the board addressing it specifically (other than removal of the trim).

Does anyone know whether the early US Coupes came with a trim on the doors and the Canadian models did not? I ask because I came across a few '03 G35 Coupe imports from the US and noticed this. Never saw this trim on a Canadian coupe before. The sedans have it but not the coupes. Any insight? I've attached a photo of what i'm talking about.

Attached Thumbnails Door trim on Coupe -- Difference bw Canadian vs US Coupe?-g35coupe.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
I tried to search for this topic but couldn't find anything on the board addressing it specifically (other than removal of the trim).

Does anyone know whether the early US Coupes came with a trim on the doors and the Canadian models did not? I ask because I came across a few '03 G35 Coupe imports from the US and noticed this. Never saw this trim on a Canadian coupe before. The sedans have it but not the coupes. Any insight? I've attached a photo of what i'm talking about.
I've never seen a US Coupe with the door protector trim in any year. By any chance is the car you're looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.ca/Infiniti-G35-Coupe-INFINITI-G35-FULLY-LOADED-XTRA-CLEAN-CAR-ORLANDO-FL_W0QQitemZ320280259411QQihZ011QQcategoryZ43914QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never seen a G coupe, imported or not, with that trim.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by g35koupe
I've never seen a US Coupe with the door protector trim in any year. By any chance is the car you're looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.ca/Infiniti-G35-Coup...QcmdZViewItem?
No, it's not that one. The picture is from a G35 in the Autotrader. Although, the photo kinda proves that these did come on some 03's. I noticed there's a thread on G35driver where someone asks how to remove the door protector trim from his 03 coupe as well. I'm just confused as to why most of the coupes don't have the trim???

Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
No, it's not that one. The picture is from a G35 in the Autotrader. Although, the photo kinda proves that these did come on some 03's. I noticed there's a thread on G35driver where someone asks how to remove the door protector trim from his 03 coupe as well. I'm just confused as to why most of the coupes don't have the trim???
The reason I asked about that eBay one was that it looked modded. The wood trim interior looked like it was aftermarket, so I thought that the trim might be as well.

PS. This car is also being sold on Autotrader by a place called Auto Spectrum. I would be wary of this car cause it is selling for about $2,000-3,000 below what other '03s are going for. Also having 19 Carfax entries seems unusually high.

Last edited by g35koupe; 08-04-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that must be a fancy "mod". coupes don't come with that strip...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by canucklehead
that must be a fancy "mod". coupes don't come with that strip...
I thought it could be a mod too... but it's SOOOO ugly that I can't imagine why anyone would add this trim to their G.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen several on the boards with that trim - it must have been an option. It's horrid though, which is why hardly anyone would ever choose to have that on their car.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:09 AM
I think this is one of the few US only options, like the oem splash guards & oem front lip spoiler.....I remember asking the dealerships about the splash guards....they just looked at me like WTF are you talking about? I said these are genuine Nissan parts...they still looked at me like WTF are you talking about.....I just said don't worry, I'll order it from a US Infiniti dealership

Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a simple add on. US cars don't come with the strip.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Yes the strip was an early model dealer option, not sure what year they dropped it.
At least on the coupe it is removable (no holes).
On the sedan, there are holes in behind.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Yes the strip was an early model dealer option, not sure what year they dropped it.
At least on the coupe it is removable (no holes).
On the sedan, there are holes in behind.
YUCK! any dealer that would have allowed a new buyer to put this on a coupe should have had their dealership license taken away!!! I just looks so bad.

Even though it's not screwed in, I suspect taking this thing off would leave a discoloured line underneath it.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
YUCK! any dealer that would have allowed a new buyer to put this on a coupe should have had their dealership license taken away!!! I just looks so bad.

Even though it's not screwed in, I suspect taking this thing off would leave a discoloured line underneath it.
Yes it definitely would, but it may blend in eventually.
I know some guys ran into this when debadging.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A good polish with a machine will help blend it. I had to do that when I had my clear bra removed and replaced.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
it's an option, i have an 04 with it, and i like it. i think i'm the only person on the boards that likes it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door trim on Coupe -- Difference bw Canadian vs US Coupe?