Canada Serving Canada.

To G37 2009 or not G37 2009... That is the question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To G37 2009 or not G37 2009... That is the question.

Well... Its been awhile since I have been back here and alot seemed to have changed on my hiatus and it seems good as G owners are starting to really stand up about their G experiences. I still have my '05 G sedan and have been enjoying it very much over the course of having it. Now comes a time where I must decide on my next new vehicle and have been looking at the new G37's. Of course I will be looking at a G37S 6MT because I love the control I have of the engine over a 7AT (don't like paddles... too wimpy).

So my question lies here... I have an '05 G35 6MT sedan with less than 60k on it and my lease is due in Oct'09. I may have the option of turning it in early without penalty (still researching) for a brand new G37. I was thinking of getting the loaded version of the G37S 6MT Sedan with the Hi-Tech and 4WAS package, but wasn't settled on which year and which would be available. Why am I turning my 05 in earlier? Well, certainly not because I am board of it, but for fear with this present global economy crisis that car manufacturers may raise their prices to offset any down turn forthcoming. So whats everyone's opinion?

Also for you tech guys.. The G37S come with staggered tires, 18x7.5 front and 18x8.5 in the rear. With upgraded sport brakes on the car. Can I still reuse my BSA 329 rims that I purchased for use in snow? I will replace winter tires on them if they are worn enough to warrant to be replaced. My current G still has the OEM 18x7.5 rims for summer.

Thanks

Eeyore

Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EEYORE
Well... Its been awhile since I have been back here and alot seemed to have changed on my hiatus and it seems good as G owners are starting to really stand up about their G experiences. I still have my '05 G sedan and have been enjoying it very much over the course of having it. Now comes a time where I must decide on my next new vehicle and have been looking at the new G37's. Of course I will be looking at a G37S 6MT because I love the control I have of the engine over a 7AT (don't like paddles... too wimpy).

So my question lies here... I have an '05 G35 6MT sedan with less than 60k on it and my lease is due in Oct'09. I may have the option of turning it in early without penalty (still researching) for a brand new G37. I was thinking of getting the loaded version of the G37S 6MT Sedan with the Hi-Tech and 4WAS package, but wasn't settled on which year and which would be available. Why am I turning my 05 in earlier? Well, certainly not because I am board of it, but for fear with this present global economy crisis that car manufacturers may raise their prices to offset any down turn forthcoming. So whats everyone's opinion?

Also for you tech guys.. The G37S come with staggered tires, 18x7.5 front and 18x8.5 in the rear. With upgraded sport brakes on the car. Can I still reuse my BSA 329 rims that I purchased for use in snow? I will replace winter tires on them if they are worn enough to warrant to be replaced. My current G still has the OEM 18x7.5 rims for summer.

Thanks

Eeyore
I think there is more chance the prices will be lower not higher, although currency fluctuations play a big role and they're hard to predict.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Oh well.... It looks like I am going to ride it out until the end of my lease. My only thought is the interest rates will jump based on economy factors. I don't think the prices of the cars will make much of a difference. I am guessing by the time September rolls around I would hazard a guess the interest rates being close to 6 percent, a far cry from the 3.9 I have now. So by that time Infiniti would have rolled out the 2010 Gs and hopefully have the option of getting an 09 or 08 off the lot with either the same rate or better. Fingers crossed.

Eeyore

Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My brother got a call from guelph infinity. His 2006 39 month lease is up aug 09. Dealer wants to give him a new lease on g37x 09 now and he will take theirs back. He checked tor. infinity and they will do the same if he buys this month for 100 per month more then he is paying now.
Any thoughts? I believe his G sedan has under 50K on it.
I'm thinking he should prob. keep the current G and wait until the lease runs out.
Your thoughts, as always, appreciated.

Sam

Old 12-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
My brother got a call from guelph infinity. His 2006 39 month lease is up aug 09. Dealer wants to give him a new lease on g37x 09 now and he will take theirs back. He checked tor. infinity and they will do the same if he buys this month for 100 per month more then he is paying now.
I'm thinking he should prob. keep the current G and wait until the lease runs out.

Sam
That's simple... why pay $100/m more; keep the car.
Then deal straight up on a new lease when it's tyme.

I'm actually paying less /m on my '08 than I did on my '04

Oh... & Sam, I'd suggest that a flame suit may be appropriate attire

Last edited by InTgr8r; 12-16-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Rated M

^that sounds like what I would do in that case too.

I know why you mentioned flame suit.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
^that sounds like what I would do in that case too.

I know why you mentioned flame suit.
That puts you one up on me. Give me a little time and I may be able to figure it out.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:32 AM

Sam
Egads!! $100/m?!? My spidey senses tell me that there is a hosing going on... I am guessing that extra is for covering some of the loss on the previous lease. Anyway I had to get my routine oil change done on my car a couple of annoyances looked at, so I left the car for the day and told the service manager that I wanted to speak to someone about looking into getting a new 09 G when I come back to pick up the car. So I come back to the stealership and spoke to a salesperson and explained to him that I am looking into getting an 09 model G37 6MT with HT and 4WAS. He told me that he doesn't have any instock to get a test drive but he will contact me as soon as one arrives We got to talking about financing and leasing with Infiniti and they are offering 3.5 or 3.1 if you are a return customer on 4 year. That got me really wondering and since the 09s are cheaper that my 05, I wanted to find out if he could do anything for me to see if I could get into a new lease without penalty or extra charges and to keep with my current budget. We will have to see what comes out of it.

My guess is I will have to ride it out until the end of the lease and then go from there. Well, at least I am getting a new drivers seat to replace the old one that has a minute rocking problem. I thought it was just the bolts honestly so go figure.

Eeyore

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Rated M

That puts you one up on me. Give me a little time and I may be able to figure it out.
The y is the clue in your original post.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
The y is the clue in your original post.
Thanks for the clue, now I can get a good nights sheep.

My Baaaaaaad.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Rated M

^haha.

I'm sure we've all done it! I know I have.