Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti dealers in the Vancouver area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti dealers in the Vancouver area

I just bought my 2007 G35 and need to go to a dealership to get a spare key and fob (mine only came with one), some floor mats, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share with the dealerships around here, in particular Regency Infiniti and Auto West Infiniti as i think those are the two closest to me. Or even Morrey Infiniti in Coquitlam could be doable if it is worth the trip

Any advice on the parts and/or service side of these dealerships would be very helpful. I'd like to start building some kind of relationship with whichever local dealership is deemed the best.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol all i kno auto west blows....

i live in richmond...they are really bad in service i walked in....
no one cared abt me....
i was like i need to get my service done...
i waited like.......a While...20-30min ish....
till tht stupid guy are actually free to talk to me....

stupid...i got pissed off n left...they charage a bit too...for my service...im on 18k now..still havnt got my service done thanks to those a$$es...

Checked my oils the other day..thank god im still good...

i heard Nissan does a better job n cheaper too

But i would try Regency..screwd auto west althought i live in richmond

Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Here are my experiences with all three dealerships.

Car was from Morrey Infiniti. Originally went to Regency to look at the G, and ordered our options. They didn't have the car in and promised it would be in in a few days, and it never happened. We were fed up with waiting, so we went to Morrey. Long story short, Morrey got the car to us first.

In terms of dealing with the car dealers however, I prefered Regency way more. But this may be highly dependent on who is servicing you obviously. However, in my case with Morrey, they outright lied. Again, same case as Regency, they did not have the car we wanted. They said they tracked one down in Edmonton and they were going to ship it over. Because they were doing that, they had to pay extra money to ship over the costs, and for that reason they could not give us a further discount on the car.

After we agreed to a price, we discussed financing options with the financial manager. She told us our car was currently enroute on a boat towards the vancouver port. Smell something fishy? In my opinion, the owner is a total ********.

But you've already bought your car, so let's talk about service. Just a heads up, AutoWest Infiniti didn't exist at the time we were looking at the G.

AutoWest Infiniti got built up after a few months we bought our G, since its closest we do our service there. With the exception of one free oil change we got from Morrey.

The free oil change went ok. I wasn't too happy about them washing my car when I asked them not to.

From thereonafter, on service was done at AutoWest. I've made ... too many trips to count. AutoWest is crap. I'm not sure if you're familar with the cruise control surging TSB, but it took them half a year to get that done. In that half a year time, i've made at least 4+ trips.

First trip: They found a TSB for the problem and did what they could but said they needed to order a new cruise control module. It will be in within 2 weeks. They would call when it was in.

Second trip: I waited for 2 weeks, no call. I called them, and they said the parts were indeed in. Bought car in... they tell me they are still missing a part and i'd need to come back 2 weeks later. They would call when it was in.

Third trip: Of course they never called. I had to call and ask, and this time I went in to get my first check up done at the same time. Requested for no car wash, they messed up and washed my car. On the bright side, the cruise control TSB was finally done. I remember specifically they said this to me "We tested the cruise control for you and its all good now"

Fourth trip: I used the cruise control sometime later, and discovered the when I was driving at a certain speed (100km/hr) and I set it, it would report (60 km/hr). Called and bought it in for check up, they ordered a US cruise control module and it was reporting MPH instead of KPH. They would need to reorder the parts, should be in 2 weeks. They would call when it was in.

Fifth trip: Seeing a pattern? They obviously never called. This time they spent a good 2 months getting my parts in. I made over 5 calls, with replies such as, "XXXX guy is in charge of your problem and I don't know about it. He's not in today so I'll get him to call you back". So finally the parts manage to come in and I'm hoping I can get this thing over with. I specifically requested no car wash, and again they washed my car. I was so fed up, I totally forgot to flip open the engine hood as I usually do. I realized this when I got home, and did it for a quick check. One of the battery covers was missing... I had to drive back and get it. Obviously the technicians just totally forgot, mind you this red cap thing to the battery wasn't even closed either.

I think every trip they've tried to wash my car, there was only ONE time where they actually didn't do it. I hate their service, bringing in my car is a nightmare and everytime I expect there to be a problem. I hope you don't service at AutoWest, and if you do I hope you have problems like me.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the input. Because AutoWest isn't any closer to me than Regency, I know where I'm NOT going.

It's too bad nobody ever seems to have any positive experiences with dealership service. It would be nice to have someone you can count on when needed.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I Just took my G35 2007 coupe to Morrey Infiniti for my first oil change and they were great. Told them I needed the car ASAP because I had to go to work right after so they started it right away. Good service nice guys and very helpful.

Go there for sure.

good luck!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was very happy with the service I recieved at Auto West, in Richmond.

Both the service department and especially the parts department were great. on more than one occasion.

Not to mention the eye candy working behind the reception desk, and a couple more behind the service counter.

My car is from Calgary too.. sorry to hear other people had dissapointing experiences with Auto West.

Thank god for dealer choices in the GVA... damn Calgary only has one Infinity dealer, and they suck ***

Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no experience at regency. my car was from morrey and i went there the first 2 services that i had the car. i've commented on here before about my high level of displeasure and distrust of their abilities, including them lying to my face about "routine maintenance" they perform on G's (i.e. replacing the fuel filter).

i've had great experiences at Autowest. great loaners, response time, and ethics. i've posted my experience when my tranny & clutch was replaced by A/west last year. very impressive service after morrey "found nothing wrong" with my notchy tranny.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Ching1206
lol all i kno auto west blows....

i live in richmond...they are really bad in service i walked in....
no one cared abt me....
i was like i need to get my service done...
i waited like.......a While...20-30min ish....
till tht stupid guy are actually free to talk to me....

stupid...i got pissed off n left...they charage a bit too...for my service...im on 18k now..still havnt got my service done thanks to those a$$es...

Checked my oils the other day..thank god im still good...

i heard Nissan does a better job n cheaper too

But i would try Regency..screwd auto west althought i live in richmond

Shame about the experience. If you're at 18K without oil change you've thrown away your warranty though.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 AM
been to pretty much every nissan/infiniti dealership. Some with car buying experience, some with service experience. The only place I would take my car to now is Regency.

If you're going in for service, ask for the Service Manager Frank. or the Assistant Manager David. Tell them Alex sent you. They bend over backwards for their clients.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
Shame about the experience. If you're at 18K without oil change you've thrown away your warranty though.
wht do u mean???

now im scare...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:45 AM
I'm surprised the car is even running with no oil change at 18K

Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ ching - am i reading correctly? your G is 2 years old with 18k+ and you have never had a service, or even an oil change? if so, how has this happened?

rbull's comments may be accurate. it is the owner's responsibility to ensure their car is properly maintained. if you can not prove this to the dealer when it comes to a warranty issue, infiniti may not honour the warranty.

judging by your low mileage i suspect you mainly drive short city trips in/around the ditchmond/vancity area. in these conditions it is even more important for regular oil & filter changes (i.e. ~6-8k, or twice a year at a minimum).

it's interesting how dissatisfied you are with Autowest. my best service has come from them, hands down. very honest & timely work.

just my 0.02...

Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Ching1206
wht do u mean???

now im scare...

If you have not had your oil changed for 18k you have not met the service requirements stated by the manufacturer. In the event of an oil related failure (engine/mechanical) it is doubtful a car without an oil change in 18k would be covered by warranty.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM
ooh sorry guys i think i miss sth
my car is 2nd hand..got at around 9k...i believe they did everything when they gave it to me.....

So when should be my next service...

so i actually ran abt 9kish....

Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 PM
You should service it at least every 5 k (oil change etc.). I change my oil every 2.5k, but I don't drive my car as often as most other people drive theirs (maybe 10k per year). Go take your car in to get serviced!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti dealers in the Vancouver area