Jack and Gilles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009 | 06:42 PM
|
It's Showtime**
Premier Member
Jack and Gilles

I would like to take these two, stick them is a rubber dingy and set them afloat in the middle of the Atlantic. These two and their parties do nothing to make this nation better.

Liberals, Conservatives and Independants. That would make this a much better democracy. By the way, there are sharks in the Atlantic aren't there

Old 01-27-2009 | 09:40 PM
Don't get me started on those two clowns.

"We're voting against the budget!!"

"Have you seen it yet?"

"Well...No, but we KNOW we don't like it!"

Encumbered by idjits, we press on.

Old 01-27-2009 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by telegramsam
I would like to take these two, stick them is a rubber dingy and set them afloat in the middle of the Atlantic. These two and their parties do nothing to make this nation better.

Liberals, Conservatives and Independants. That would make this a much better democracy. By the way, there are sharks in the Atlantic aren't there

Why waste a perfectly good rubber dingy?

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:53 PM
I am just glad Ignatieff isnt a big idiot like Dion was. I dont see why the NDP and Bloq have to always just be against anything that isnt their way, as they are not interested in the general good of canada, only their own interests

Old 01-28-2009 | 08:22 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
No argument here and yes there are sharks in the Atlantic.

Old 01-28-2009 | 11:17 AM
I think Ignatieff will be politically sensible today, kvetch about some things, and let the budget pass. I don't think Canadians have the stomach for 2 more months of delay while we have a $300MM election, THEN have the new gov't (probably a Tory majority since Cdns will all be pissed off at the Libs et al) and have the same kind of budget anyway. Or worse, a coalition, and -- eventually -- an even bigger deficit.

I am a little concerned that this budget was just to appease Canadians and give them what they think they need, but really, what choice do we have? A deficit under the C's that will maybe help a little, though only a US recovery will truly help, or a bigger deficit under Ig, with or without the Two Stooges.

Old 01-28-2009 | 05:08 PM
So Big Ig is 'putting the government on probation' and they must report to him quarterly like a teenager reporting his gas usage to Dad. I wonder what would happen if SH tells him to take a flying leap, call an election with your no money, **** off the country, and let me know how that works out for ya.

And now Jack is all butt-hurt at the 'new coalition between Harper and Ignatieff'. He's just a sad, bitter little man.

Old 01-28-2009 | 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
So Big Ig is 'putting the government on probation' and they must report to him quarterly like a teenager reporting his gas usage to Dad. I wonder what would happen if SH tells him to take a flying leap, call an election with your no money, **** off the country, and let me know how that works out for ya.
Seems to me he's asking for a report to the House ( the people ) to maintain accountability and keep things out in the open. Reasonable given Mr. Harper's record of keeping his cards close to his vest.

Old 01-28-2009 | 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by whatacar
Seems to me he's asking for a report to the House ( the people ) to maintain accountability and keep things out in the open. Reasonable given Mr. Harper's record of keeping his cards close to his vest.
I agree there should be accountability and openness, and the C's have agreed to that amendment. Just struck me as rather presumptuous for Ig to pretend like he's now in charge.

Old 01-28-2009 | 07:48 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by whatacar
Yeah, I agree it's reasonable. The C's seem to have turned it around though saying of course they were going to do it anyhow.

Originally Posted by Swivelhips

And now Jack is all butt-hurt at the 'new coalition between Harper and Ignatieff'. He's just a sad, bitter little man.
It's entertaining to watch Ig act as if they are running things. I have to hand it to him for putting up a good image as a man in charge and a sharp departure to Dion. To listen to him since being appointed it's almost as if the C's have a shovel in their hands and he's telling them where and how much to dig. Pretty funny to me.

I just don't pay much attention to Gilles or Jack. They're not contenders and certainly don't espouse much I stand for.

Old 01-28-2009 | 08:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Yeah, I agree it's reasonable. The C's seem to have turned it around though saying of course they were going to do it anyhow.

It's entertaining to watch Ig act as if they are running things. I have to hand it to him for putting up a good image as a man in charge and a sharp departure to Dion. To listen to him since being appointed it's almost as if the C's have a shovel in their hands and he's telling them where and how much to dig. Pretty funny to me.

I just don't pay much attention to Gilles or Jack. They're not contenders and certainly don't espouse much I stand for.

True, Deane....especially Gilles who is a separatist, treasonous, lowlife who's bent on breaking up the country.....

Sorry, but it feels better when I say that about that pretentious, mouthy a-hole.....

/RANT
C.

Old 01-28-2009 | 08:56 PM
Duceppe basically said "There's nothing in it for Quebec, of course I don't like it." You gotta have serious ***** to say that and still pretend to be a national party. Disgraceful.