Canada Serving Canada.

G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoose G is this? Ouch hefty fine...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid14624297001

G35 caught doing 250km/h with the same winter rims as mine..when I first saw this I thought someone stole my G and took it for a joy ride...

Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...601501-cp.html
oh well, he is gonna pay his due for speeding, probably got speed happy from the dry cold weather.

edit: Intgr already posted this.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
OK guys....
This is a serious topic.

All smart a$$ posts will be deleted.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 03-03-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
50k less...

On the 401 once between grafton and cobourg, late last summer, i know for a fact a man in a black g coupe was driving atleast 200+ behind a silver acura cl-s... anyone from this board or perhaps this may be the same person, i haven't seen when the plate was issued on any of the clippings...

Old 03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
OK guys....
This is a serious topic.

All smart a$$ posts will be deleted.
Sorry InTgr8r...

ok but Really what did he expect to gain by doing this? What does anyone expect by doing this?

Not only did he make himself look immature, he made the G35/350z community fit into the "street racer" stereotype. I know he must feel bad but still, you control your own actions everyday.

IMO i think he is the luckiest G35Driver because i sure as hell am happy that the cops got him before he killed an innocent person.

Id rather live with a $2000 Speeding ticket then live with the guilt that you took a life away with a stupid move

Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 PM
As Don Cherry would say: This guy is a real beauty. Setting a great example for all the young kids out there .

Not to mention that all of our "high performance sport" cars are by now probably red flagged with the RCMP and local police.

Last edited by reidr96; 03-03-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to see one less stupid a** on the road..

Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
wow can are cars really go that fast on crappy winter tires !

Old 03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
It's odd seeing something like this on the news... I've seen people driving well beyond that out here, and if/when they get caught, it sure as hell won't make it onto the local news... the only times they make the news is when they crash.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
im not supporting street racing or any other form of speeding i was just stating my opinion and i thought i was entitled to it in this forum. i wasnt agreeing with wat he did. i was simply saying that all of you are making this guy some sort of criminal for wat he did which many other cars have done before and most of them have gotten away. your all judging him wrongly without knowing everything about the story, he might of had a bad day? or many other reasons to why he was speeding. im not supporting him i was just stating my opinion and u deleted it for no reason he wasnt trying to show off or plan on getting pulled over for attention. and safety yes it was unsafe but he had v rated for 240 kph which isnt far off 250 (it does not justify his actions) and actually it was 246 kph that he was clocked at it was exaggerated in the media for propaganda just like that new racing/stunting law which makes u guilty against our constitutional rights which states that we are innocent until proven guilty and makes you pay close to 1k for impound fees. and if i cant state my opinion about in the forums then all of you are just as big of hypocrites as the new stunting law and ill take my business else where.

Originally Posted by Wayner9
^^ I'm sorry, but your post is moronic. You don't think he could hurt himself doing that speed???? We all live in Canada, someone please find me a road with no traffic.
i clearly said that i dont support this guys actions like 5 times in my post and really if you think that roads in canada have lots of traffic past 12 then you clearly have not been out past your curfew. and you if find this insulting and my comment is deleted then your comment should too for calling ppl morons.

Originally Posted by Coach
Give your head a shake.

Next time you come off of an on-ramp at 100kmh onto a deserted highway with dirty snow-covered tail lights, think about the possibility of somebody coming up behind you at a closing rate of 150kmh... 130 feet per second. Even if he's not on cold pavement with winter tires, by the time his headlights pick you up, he won't even have time to reach for the brake pedal before he launches you into low earth orbit.
Just because he can't see any traffic within the range of his headlights doesn't mean that you're not there. You OK with that?
first there was no snow so no taillights had snow since it hasnt snowed in 3 days if not more. second if you were to speeding it would be stupid to speed in the slow lane on an empty highway just to hit possible merging traffic. you seem to think that i am trying to justify what this guy did and im not im just saying all of you here are ripping on this guy as if he committed murder. iv done close to 235 on a controlled environment and the track has only 1 lane. the highway has 4 and the 400 is as lit as dundas square. if my car was stable and fine im sure his was too. this whole thing is an ethical issue that we shouldnt speed like idiots and full out agree with that, but dont try and make this about scenarios because it wasnt as big as everyone is making this seem.

ill give you a head shake back for being a hypocrite or just pulling sh*t out ur a$$ because the only way you can prove that you cant see well with ur headlights and it could be dangerous is if you have done it.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
EDIT:

dofu you live in a scary place if that is the case.

zeidic, you seem to be digging yourself a bigger hole.

Much of what you are saying is preposterous.

Judging him wrong because he might have had a bad day?

It would be desirable to do a little research on headlight range versus speed or just give some thought before making a disparaging and misinformed response to Coach.

Last edited by RBull; 03-03-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: zeidic beat my original post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I hit 250 on a daily basis. Ya know, just on the way home from work. :-P

haha JK JK I have been known to like the speed, but that is really pushing it....

:-)

Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Good ol' California...

Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
EDIT:

zeidic, you seem to be digging yourself a bigger hole.

Much of what you are saying is preposterous.

Judging him wrong because he might have had a bad day?
i know lol meh its a forum some ppl take it way to seriously.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^I've edited my post while you were replying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h