Canada Serving Canada.

G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
k im only saying this to play devils advocate a little bit.

how do you feel about safety with relation to this incident, and compared to the Autobahn (has no speed limit at times) which has the least amount of injuries out of all of the motorway systems in the world.
Don't compare the Canadian or north american roads with the Autobahn! In Germany they know how to drive. You can never pass a car on the right and and left lane is reserved for passing only. In North America many idiots dont' know the difference!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by mdoreh
Don't compare the Canadian or north american roads with the Autobahn! In Germany they know how to drive. You can never pass a car on the right and and left lane is reserved for passing only. In North America many idiots dont' know the difference!

i don't think that it's that we dont know how to drive. I think most drivers are very capable (some aren't thats for sure),its just that we do not have the road manner or etiquette. You see so many care free and lackadaisical drivers on the road that put driving 3rd or 4th on the list of priorities while DRIVING.. No matter what kind of driving skill you have, if you dont actually focus on driving, you are at that given time, a horrible driver. If every driver focuses on only driving, most accidents would never happen (not including mechanical problems) and government restrictions and enforcements would never be like this.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
looks like everyone will have to "downgrade" to a maxima that's capable of doing the same thing as the G.

Someone mentioned near the start of the thread, something about whether the guy topped out due to redline or aerodynamics. I don't think it was redline. I think stock it is around the same as my Maxima. I think it has more to do with wind resistance, shape of the car and weight of the car vs. horsepower. The G weighs a little more than a Maxima IIRC, but probably has a lower drag coefficient. There is a software out there which I can't remember the name off the top of my head that can calculate things like top speed and quarter mile time. A friend of mine used my quarter mile times, weight of the car, gear ratios, tire size and width and a few other parameters including the square footage of the front end of the car. With my mods it calculated top speed to be 162 mph or just over 260kph in 6th gear at just over 4k rpm's. On a dyno I am sure if could go much faster than that. Not sure how a stock G would compare but I am sure it is within a few mph/kmh of that

Last edited by knight_yyz; 03-04-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I had my G up to 180km or about 120mph in an ideal setting and the scenery was zipping by like warp speed. 250 on a public highway is beyond dangerous at that speed it is impossible to react to anything that might occur.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
i don't think that it's that we dont know how to drive. I think most drivers are very capable (some aren't thats for sure),its just that we do not have the road manner or etiquette. You see so many care free and lackadaisical drivers on the road that put driving 3rd or 4th on the list of priorities while DRIVING.. No matter what kind of driving skill you have, if you dont actually focus on driving, you are at that given time, a horrible driver. If every driver focuses on only driving, most accidents would never happen (not including mechanical problems) and government restrictions and enforcements would never be like this.
I agree that North Amercians have too much distractions while driving. I saw a documentary on Discovery about Autobahn safty and they were saying that Germans never understand why the Americans need so many cupholders in thier cars when a driver should put 100% of his/her attention to driving (not to metion the obsession with cell phones and even text messaging while driving. Another thing is the individualistic culture in North America which when comes to driving translates in selfishness and disregards for how our actions impact others on the road. So I guess if we start changing our ways, it should take around 100 years before we learn to drive like Germans.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in Germany last summer and had the opportunity to rent a bmw, first off in the suburbs after 6pm there is no speed limit, there roads are immaculate and the manners and etiquette at which they drive are superb. They have a graduated licensing like how we have it in Ontario and over there you actually need to have a different license to drive manual, I almost maxed out the bimmer but only hit 220km/h, driving with cell phones is a big no no. I had a zx6r when I was 18 and did some stupid things but I drive very safe now and maybe have done a little occasional speeding but to be realistic who hasn’t ?, but 250 on winter tires wow that’s ridiculous and especially on the 400 , knowing from back in my biking days 401 and 407 were the safest hiways to play on , recently I have been driving a 2005 tl and am on my way to pick up my G35 , I have never been pulled over and now I have I feeling I would be since I am young as well, sucks that now we have been labeled , I just wish people would just keep it at the tracks , but seeing as we don’t really have one close to the gta make it .... Oh well just my 2 cents

Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by shilohap
I had my G up to 180km or about 120mph in an ideal setting and the scenery was zipping by like warp speed. 250 on a public highway is beyond dangerous at that speed it is impossible to react to anything that might occur.
Last Saturday, at around 7:30 in the evening while I was driving on the 407, I saw a blue pair of headlights in my left mirror, then the next second the car had blown right past me doing at least 200kph. When he passed by, I could hear the engine was revving at around 6k rpm, since I assumed that because we share the same engine, it would sound nearly identical.

The good part was, an OPP had pulled onto the highway a couple on-ramps before and by the time this guy saw the police, he tried braking, but by then the lights were already flashing. Needless to say, I was laughing pretty hard after that.

Last edited by Coolbeans; 03-05-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by shilohap
For a stock car, I'd say that is very true... for a modded car, I'd think you won't have enough traction to brake in time for an emergency, but maneuvering is still good... but all it really takes is for one clueless, slow driver to cut you off without anywhere for you to go and it's over.

Add all the other factors even on an empty road and the risk just doesn't seem worth it anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old, because I used to mash the pedal everywhere I go. But then again, I used to think that I was only risking my own life, not anybody else's...

Last edited by dofu; 03-05-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
lmfao...i dont know why i find this hilarious but lets look on the bright side, atleast we know our Gz can actually run at the limit on the meter.
Yes this guys pretty stupid for pulling this s#!t but now i have a feeling more Gs are gona get random spot checks. At the same time, now gs are more famous Somehow i think the infiniti execs are happy... p.s. i love my g more now? hmm

Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by phatsingh
lmfao...i dont know why i find this hilarious but lets look on the bright side, atleast we know our Gz can actually run at the limit on the meter.
Yes this guys pretty stupid for pulling this s#!t but now i have a feeling more Gs are gona get random spot checks. At the same time, now gs are more famous Somehow i think the infiniti execs are happy... p.s. i love my g more now? hmm
famous for the wrong reasons though... I would hate to be labeled street racer in any car i drove. When i purchased the vehicle, people who recognized it and appreciated it seemed to be enthusiasts. I liked that hidden enjoyment. It doesn't seem that way now that everyone + their mother has a g35.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by phatsingh
This most certainly is NOT funny and there is no bright side.
Just ask someone that has lost a personal friend to dipschits like this.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
phatsingh, I don't really find it funny either and I doubt any sensible person is going to be happy over this, including Infiniti execs.

This is a plus only for those who want to see more road regulation and scrutiny by the police, along with a bad rap on G35 & Infiniti.

On the other hand maybe that's a good idea to try and keep us safer.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I want to go on a track and top out my car. Too bad it isnt gonna happen unless i move some place where there is a long track..

Going fast is fun, but on city streets, 150mph is pretty moronic.

Interstates are safer than a freeway. They are designed for high speeds. Still be careful though.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I want to go on a track and top out my car. Too bad it isnt gonna happen unless i move some place where there is a long track..

Going fast is fun, but on city streets, 150mph is pretty moronic.

Interstates are safer than a freeway. They are designed for high speeds. Still be careful though.
You know you're in the Canadian section right...

Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h