Canada Serving Canada.

What mods can Yorkville do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What mods can Yorkville do?

Hi all,

I'm making a trip back to Toronto later this summer and was wondering if anyone has had any mods done by Yorkville Infiniti? I'm definitely thinking of getting the blinking side marker mod ... but is there anything else?

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: What mods can Yorkville do?

I would think they can do most mods for you. Send Jerry an email at: jliu@dfcauto.com for some details.

I've heard only good stuff about their service , and wouldn't hesitate to go there myself.

Colin

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 07-05-2004, 02:37 PM

You can ask Jerry about installing a hyperground kit, hypervoltage system and possibly getting all your fluids upgraded to synthetic (engine, brake, clutch-for stick, tranny). I got all of the above done and have a very big smile on my face ever since.

Jerry can also help out with rims if you're in the market for a new look for your G.

G35 Coupe 6MT Brilliant Silver
Tinted Windows
7 -Wire Hyper Ground System
Hyper Voltage System
Aluminum Pedals
Complete Front-end Clear Bra

Old 07-05-2004, 03:24 PM

We can do mods that will not affect the warranty of the vehicle as well as mods that can, the sky is the limit - what ever your imagination can muster. I will see if we can do it for you. if it is a mod that will void the warranty - This I will also let you know.
As Colin wrote above, if you are curious then pass me a email jliu@dfcauto.com I will try to assist you as best I can.

Jerry

Old 07-05-2004, 07:50 PM

Hey jerry,

just curious as to what you think of things like headers (Nismo or Crawford) and JWT cams?

alot of 350Z's in the US are having some success with those things. I wonder how they will affect warranty thou, since they are definitely not simple mods.

Have you serviced any FI-ed Gs or Zs?
How do their transmissions hold up?

Old 07-06-2004, 08:59 AM

We have one SC 350Z here and so far so good. As the owner puts it he is having alot of fun dusting unsuspecting cars. He has had issues installing the CATS, but managed to fabricate a flange to make them fit proper.

Cams are great HOWEVER these will VOID the warranty. Alot of response and performance gains can be had with these. Since the factory cams attempt to optimise emissions and general all around driving. The SC 350 is going to have a modified 6 pack LSD installed very soon. The crazed super 350z and Skylines in Japan are running 8 pack units...holy grip batman, these can only be used with tires well exceeding 285!!!

Headers make a difference with the ENTIRE package intake- header -cats- centre pipe - muffler. There is not much point to replace these unless you do this as a complete swap. Vehicle response is very different with a much smoother flowing exhaust system. I noticed a huge gain from my Bimmer when I had the complete exhaust from header back replaced. It was night and day. What a feeling I miss......

Anyways it can be done, but you sacrifice your warranty.

Jerry

Old 07-06-2004, 01:51 PM

I was hoping you could be a little more specific with regards to what else might not be covered anymore after changing the headers and/or cams. Obviously the parts themselves are not covered but how do they affect other things?

For example, I am planning to get a plenum next. it is probably one of the simpliest bolt-ons you can get for more power and really shouldn't have any negative effects. however, you can always say that the front cylinders weren't "designed" to handle the same amount of air as the other ones and therefore any engine failure would not be warranteed.

hmm...I think I am getting off topic here. but I guess what I am asking is:
can you think of any potential problems that Headers or Cams (probably more so with Cams) could cause? <-- this is a much better question =P

Thanks for the input jerry!

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2004, 01:33 PM

How much did doing the entire fluids swap to synth run you? I want to wait a bit for my engine (I'm only at 6K) to break-in a bit more - probably 10K I'm going to do the swap.

Thanks,
Al

Old 07-14-2004, 01:34 PM

Jerry,

What's your take on the Unorthodox Ultra SS pulley set? (on a stock engine) Is it a warranty breaker? Is it worth it? How much and can we simply bring the parts in and you do the labour?

Thanks,
Al

Old 07-16-2004, 01:08 AM

Dude, Why would anyone want to change their rims if they already have the almighty gorgeous factory rims(performance pack 18" chromes). They're good enough..people just want t ospend and spend. Appreciate the car for the way Infiniti designed it. The car has been such a success b/c every aspect of it from its design, to power, to the rims are more than fine looking.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:13 AM

Hi, I honestly dont get it..an INFINITI dealership performing MODS on their vehicles..Since when does an actual car dealership perform mods?? Its almost as though YORKVILLE INFINITI is diffenent than all of the other Infiniti dealerships in Ontario. NISSAN/INFINITI division approves of a dealership to perform mods?? Any mod is "supposed to void the warranty" under Infiniti standards does it not? So tell me Jerry..I am leasing this car..and yeah I'd love to make it quicker, make it run better etc..what mods can I do that will not affect the warranty?

Old 07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey G35CoupeToronto, what did you do, wake up and decide to start posting? All of a sudden you have like 10 responses at once on the forum and just about all of them negative. Is that the only reason you come on this board is to complain.

I had a turbo installed on my coupe at the dealer and they are providing full warranty on it and yes it is a leased car as well. Some dealers just don't want to deal with the hassle of having to stock aftermarket parts and some just don't know how to install some aftermarket components from lack of experience. Thank God some dealers out there have the ***** to handle aftermarket stuff or alot of us wouldn't be modding our cars at all. I haven't had any experience with Yorkdale, but all I've got to say to Jerry is, "keep up the good work".

Silverstone 6MT Maya DTM 20's Greddy Twin Turbo

Old 07-16-2004, 04:46 PM

SammyJL, I couldn't be in more agreement with you. I think the only true thing that VOIDS warranty is when you can't prove who/how the mod was done. If as you put it, someone is willing to make the effort to do it properly then Infiniti can't really balk at it, am I right?

Al

Old 07-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes and No! The dealer, if willing, will take on the responsibility of having to deal with Nissan regarding any issues that may arise instead of yourself. Once you have the dealer on your side your chances of getting warranty are much greater.

Silverstone 6MT Maya DTM 20's Greddy Twin Turbo

Old 07-18-2004, 10:34 PM

Yeah, I totally agree, just re-read my post and I realized that my post came across the wrong way. I too meant that when you get a dealer to do it, they can at least back you IF any issues come up later and you have to deal with Nissan/Infiniti

AL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What mods can Yorkville do?