Canada Serving Canada.

The sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knight_yyz
This is an untrue statement. Sorry to burst your bubble. I agree that everyone should have one of these in their car, but please stop posting things that are untrue. It is not designed to do this, it is not intended for this purpose. The sprint booster modifies the voltage from the gas pedal to the ECU and nothing else.
dude.. listen... are you trying to make sales here? i'm telling you, i have the damn thing in my car and it does not shift automatically... better yet, i'll leave it up to the users to decide... just remember, i'm not an authorized dealer, i'm not making $ out of this. i'm letting my fellow G riders know the truth because I HAVE ONE!. I'm not saying don't get it... its a great product and if your willing to spend money on other mods, this is one of the best ones out there... (especially for autos).. HOWEVER... for those drivers that are crazy about "smooth" shifting and "hassle-free" driving....don't use this with manual mode. In simple words... once you install the sprintbooster, put it in manual mode only if you will treat it like a manual car. Don't think the computer will take over because it won't.

like i said before... i have nothing to gain out of this...only my experience to share.

scenerio 1:

1. I start my car
2. I put it in manual mode
3. I drive away... the car accelerates nicely.. keeps pulling.. pulling... hmmm nO auto upshift.... unless you shift by yourself.. not good for the tranny.

scenerio 2:

1. your driving at 60 km/h
2. you downshift from 2nd gear to 1st gear...
3. your car starts to feel like a horse on crack... engine stalls unless you shift it back to 2nd OR quickly shift it to AUTO mode (which is what i did)

maybe my wording might've been incorrect.. maybe it doesn't disable anything but guess what? ... the ECU doesn't like it and i guess it gets soo confused that it lets the driver downshift at higher rpms which would normally be considered UNSAFE.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
dude.. listen... are you trying to make sales here? i'm telling you, i have the damn thing in my car and it does not shift automatically... better yet, i'll leave it up to the users to decide... just remember, i'm not an authorized dealer, i'm not making $ out of this. i'm letting my fellow G riders know the truth because I HAVE ONE!. I'm not saying don't get it... its a great product and if your willing to spend money on other mods, this is one of the best ones out there... (especially for autos).. HOWEVER... for those drivers that are crazy about "smooth" shifting and "hassle-free" driving....don't use this with manual mode. In simple words... once you install the sprintbooster, put it in manual mode only if you will treat it like a manual car. Don't think the computer will take over because it won't.

like i said before... i have nothing to gain out of this...only my experience to share.

scenerio 1:

1. I start my car
2. I put it in manual mode
3. I drive away... the car accelerates nicely.. keeps pulling.. pulling... hmmm nO auto upshift.... unless you shift by yourself.. not good for the tranny.

scenerio 2:

1. your driving at 60 km/h
2. you downshift from 2nd gear to 1st gear...
3. your car starts to feel like a horse on crack... engine stalls unless you shift it back to 2nd OR quickly shift it to AUTO mode (which is what i did)

maybe my wording might've been incorrect.. maybe it doesn't disable anything but guess what? ... the ECU doesn't like it and i guess it gets soo confused that it lets the driver downshift at higher rpms which would normally be considered UNSAFE.
so its unsafe to shift in high rpm??? and in Manual mode i never knew it auto upshift

Old 07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
It's unsafe to drive at 60km/h on gear 1 shifting at high Rpms is more fun. Since it gives you more pull before u gotta shift, and a manual car feeling

Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong because i do not have an auto with tiptronic. But if you put your tranny in manual, doesn't that mean it's in manual and the transmission won't shift until you hit the paddle or the shifter telling it to shift? If so then the sprint booster doesn't change that, so i don't see the point of your statement. Also I'm pretty sure you have a rev limiter so if you put the car in first and hit 60 kph, either the rev limiter is not working or the car is capable of going 60kph in first gear. What's the normal redline and what's top speed in first gear when you hit the rev limiter?

You say your car is capable of shifting from second into first at a high rpm's and this is because of the sprint booster. Have to tried to replicate this with the sprint booster removed? Or have you only tried it with it installed. Because as I have said a few times, you are only altering the throttle voltage to the ECU, you are not disabling anything.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm sure your right about what it does but it's obviously affecting the car in a much different manner. Also, apologies, I meant "you can downshift at higher speeds"

and all tiptronics in Nissan/acuras auto shift even in manual mode when it's unsafe. That's how they designed it.

The car is capable of 60km/h on 1st gear but it's not good for the tranny, which is why if you try to downshift on a stock car, it will not allow you to. However, if your on 3rd gear and forget to downshift, the tranny will still auto downshift even in manual mode to 1st gear.

After removing the sprintbooster, I could barely get the car to rev higher then 5000k and stay on 1st.. It was like a supervisor was on duty all of a sudden making sure everything was "safe".

P.s: one point I accidently downshifted to 2nd at 120km. The odour from my tranny almost gave me a heart attack.

All in all, great product, seems to complicate the ecu to prevent it from measuring stuff properly which is why the safety check is not present. This is the closest product to make ur automatic into a manual (in manual mode).

Get it asap

Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 PM
lol. "This statement is untrue".

I only posted my observations from the few weeks I had it installed in my car. My observations were based on before installing, during the installation and after removing it.

I don't know a whole lot of the finer technical details of how it works. All I know is that it modifies the throttle signal to the ecu. But in the end that still doesn't and wouldn't change what I observed from my experience. I'm just trying to post up what my observations are so people can read it and take what they want from it. To get upset and call this and other statements untrue or anything else of that nature is not productive to the thread.

Oh and also my car never stalled once or even gave a sign of stalling when I had it installed so not sure about that one...

So if you installed it on your car and did not observe the same results, then that's cool. Just post up what you got and that's great! If you are just trying to prove your "technical knowledge" and want to put down other people with out real life experience then please go elsewhere.

Those are my thoughts

Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 AM
seriously.. I don't want to post any negative feedback on the sprint booster as I had tried the product out myself.. but correct me if I am wrong " I have a 6spd G and I really don't see the difference from getting the SB and slamming my foot down on the gas pedal. As I recall when I slightly went down on the pedal almost about half way to full thrust I dont think there was a difference? I dunno I may be wrong. I just think its pointless if your a daily driver to have the SB, it would make sense to me on the other hand if track or race often.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 AM
did you have the one for the auto or the 6spd? they have different maps

Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by knight_yyz
did you have the one for the auto or the 6spd? they have different maps
I am pretty certain it was the 6spd

Old 07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
my car was auto.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mister_C
lol. "This statement is untrue".

I only posted my observations from the few weeks I had it installed in my car. My observations were based on before installing, during the installation and after removing it.

I don't know a whole lot of the finer technical details of how it works. All I know is that it modifies the throttle signal to the ecu. But in the end that still doesn't and wouldn't change what I observed from my experience. I'm just trying to post up what my observations are so people can read it and take what they want from it. To get upset and call this and other statements untrue or anything else of that nature is not productive to the thread.

Oh and also my car never stalled once or even gave a sign of stalling when I had it installed so not sure about that one...

So if you installed it on your car and did not observe the same results, then that's cool. Just post up what you got and that's great! If you are just trying to prove your "technical knowledge" and want to put down other people with out real life experience then please go elsewhere.

Those are my thoughts
please go elsewhere? who the **** are you? i'm trying to let others know my experience, i'm not telling anyone to **** off or do this and that. I clearly said I wasn't trying to get technical here and I wasn't putting others down. i was just letting others know how it affected my ride. You had it for 2 weeks but you CLEARLY SAID AT THE TIME OF INSTALLING IT, you rarely drive it in manual mode. Don't even get me started on being technical here.. I know how the sprintbooster works.. but maybe your not understanding what i've been saying all this time. Its how the car is being affected by it. Did you ever drive your G hard in manual mode with the sprintbooster? I'm talking about Manual Mode . By the way I have an AUTO sprintbooster Knight.

I drive my G hard, and with the sprintbooster in MANUAL MODE, i've observed many things. from day 1, i've been trying to help others here, from trying to organize meets to recommending solutions and products... what have you done? some of the drivers here had the sprintbooster long before me but nothing was mentioned or posted. I realised it was a great product and something that would really make a difference for automatic drivers (more then manual) so I started a thread, posted pics, recommended shops, pricing.. now your telling me that i'm putting others down? dont' forget, I did you a favour by lending you one. who the **** would do that? that was the first time i met you, but I did it because I wanted to help. Now since the results i experienced differ from yours, your telling me its untrue?

Anyone with an automatic g35 equipped with the sprintbooster, please put it in manual mode, accelerate really fast and then try to shift it... and then try shifting down to 1st gear when your going at 60km/h+.. if your car doesn't shake to the point where you feel like your on a bucking machine.. then i guess its just my car.

oh and yes, i know it modifies the throttle... i'm talking about how our ecu's respond to that.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by 350GT-DOT
seriously.. I don't want to post any negative feedback on the sprint booster as I had tried the product out myself.. but correct me if I am wrong " I have a 6spd G and I really don't see the difference from getting the SB and slamming my foot down on the gas pedal. As I recall when I slightly went down on the pedal almost about half way to full thrust I dont think there was a difference? I dunno I may be wrong. I just think its pointless if your a daily driver to have the SB, it would make sense to me on the other hand if track or race often.
hey, since the 6speed has a different map, i guess i can't try mine on my buddy's 6mt... a few of my friends have this on their beamers and it makes a world of a difference to them.. i guess its based on the car and how you drive? :S

Old 07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry if there was some confusion here Ram. My post was not directed at you. You have been trying to share all these experiences with people. That was my intention as well. The untrue statement quote I thought would have led people to understand what I was responding to. Obviously I was mistaken. I was reading Knight yyz posts how he was trying to tell everybody that is does not affect the shifting. I was trying to respond in saying that a lot of people notice a difference in their shifting. Or at least I did. So to say that mine or anybody else's observations are "wrong" is not a fair statement.

I totally support what your doing on here Ram. And of course I do appreciate the length of time I got to use the sprintbooster and play with it. And yes I drive my car in manual mode about 99% of the time. I have about 5 years of track experience and in the 2 and something months I've owned my G I've tracked it twice already. So it is a safe bet to say I have driven my car hard once or twice

Old 07-17-2009, 02:59 PM
then sir, i guess its just my car that pretends to be a manual with an automatic + sprintbooster

i don't mean to be rude, honestly, if it happened once or twice, i wouldn't say anything, but my car tried to stall on me during several occasions when i shifted it accidently down to 1st... but now i don't even have manual mode so i guess the life of my tranny will live up to its expectation after all

sorry.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't have manual mode? How come? Did something happen?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The sprintbooster