Canada Serving Canada.

Absolute Motor Sport Disappointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:06 AM
|
Absolute Motor Sport Disappointment

i have to say i am not happy with AMS. the guy there whom i treated as a friend was a total let down. all he wanted was money and the fact that he charges 2 times more then anyone else for a swap didnt make it easy for me. i wanted to stay with AMS but i couldnt for a few reasons. one he told me that he was looking around for an engine when he didnt look at all cuz he wanted me to pay him first then him work on the car so instead of tell me he just lead me around playing phone tag for over 2 weeks. so wen i went to take my car to another mechanic he felt insulted and started blaming me for blowing the engine. i had my car turboed for 2 weeks and he forgot to plug in a spark plug wire so i was running my car on 5 cylinders and since he forgot cylinder number 1, the other 2 cylinders that were inline with it blew so 3 and 5. on top of that he didnt tune my car for sometime wen i asked him to do so on repeated occasions he said he was busy just like he was busy looking for my engine he rarely answered my calls and i had to go there if i ever wanted to talk to him. but really wat really gets me was that my heavy foot was supposedly the reason why my engine blew in 2 weeks running 5 psi on safe tune i feel like he didnt own up to his mistake or ever feel like he made mistakes and blamed me 100%.

to sum it up - if a mechanic cant tell the car is misfiring badly cuz its running with less cylinders.... idk wat else to say. he said i was pointing fingers and trying to blame someone lol as if installed the turbo kit and as if tuned it and forgot to plug in a simple spark plug wire my self lol. it felt almost as if he was joking with me.

maybe he treated me like this because im young but either way experience wise a real let down.

a few good things that i can say would be probably he does have good inside deals from time to time and will pull off the good shipping price. for you guys that know me and have seen my car you know iv talked highly of AMS thats why im let down cuz i really wanted it to work out to bad he had to cheap out and needlessly make me wait to lose a good costumer.

Last edited by zeidik; 06-30-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-30-2009 | 07:15 AM
Damn man that sucks, what are your plans now? If it was me and i had to basically dump all that money for nothing ill go and GET my moneys worth.

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:38 AM
That's bad, really bad, especially him blaming you for his error. IDK if I'l let him touch anything else on my car after him not standing by his work. How about a meet near him with some signs the quality of his service ( non service ). You should post your experience on some of the other boards as well. Is there a body BBB that you could complain to?
Good luck with your rebuild.

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:00 AM
Hey Zeidik,

When only one cylinder was running, did the CEL go on the dash? I'm just curious what happens when a cylinder isn't running...

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:13 AM
I was going to let Vuk install my Turbo kit now having 2nd thoughts now...

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
Hey Zeidik,

When only one cylinder was running, did the CEL go on the dash? I'm just curious what happens when a cylinder isn't running...
I dont think it was, he took me out for a spin in his car and i did not see the CEL on.

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:42 AM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Then all the plugs were in and working at that time. It's very very obvious when one cylinder is not working, even to someone who doesn't know much about cars.

The G will thow a CEL just for a random misfire, much less a dead cylinder.

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Then all the plugs were in and working at that time. It's very very obvious when one cylinder is not working, even to someone who doesn't know much about cars.

The G will thow a CEL just for a random misfire, much less a dead cylinder.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well.

Old 06-30-2009 | 01:05 PM
Actually now i remember, had to think back a little but his light did come on and i remember him talking about it.

Old 06-30-2009 | 02:22 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
The motor should have sounded like hell if one cylinder was not working. It's not a subtle thing. No way any shop would let a car go out like that.

Old 06-30-2009 | 02:37 PM
|
the car sounded like a v8 muscle and off the line it was really hard to accelerate and it sounded like it was struggling. his co-worker drove around the block with my car and he said the car was fine and it was only slow like that off the go because the aggressive timing in the cams was brought down. because they told me the car was fine i thought it was ok but i knew it wasnt wen it was so gutless off the go and couldnt spin tires even if i tryed a brake stand :/ and wat deceived me was the fact that it was soo fast on the hwy.

lights wise flashing the check engine light was on but they told me it was cuz of the new non tuned ECU.

another thing was about the turbo surge. the car sounded like it had surge wen it spooled. i had a blow off valve and everything but my car was pretty much non touched tune wise and i asked him to tune it and he was always busy. i still cant get over the fact that they cost me so much money and hustle and that they gave me the car back with 5 cylinders and he couldnt tell if it was misfiring or not...

Old 06-30-2009 | 02:54 PM
i guess ill throw away that card you gave me lol. Hope u get an engine soon GL

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:02 PM
Zeidik, sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks when you pay someone and give them your trust but then they end up screwing you (even if it's unintentional, you expect quality work when you are paying for it).

Unfortunately, I have to say this kind of crap is a common occurrence across many trades. I had a personal experience with a home renovator...

Old 07-01-2009 | 03:36 AM
dam that sucks dude...

Old 07-04-2009 | 10:42 AM
Very sorry to hear.. I know Vuk & AMS..

Its a shame you did not search the my350z/Canada/East sub forum.. We could have pointed you in a different direction.

If you are still looking for an honest shop, that is more then qualified.. I would recommend checking out AdvancedPowerhouse
I know they have a few spare blocks ready & waiting...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Absolute Motor Sport Disappointment