Canada Serving Canada.

Disappointed in Woodchester collision centre!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Disappointed in Woodchester collision centre!!

I actually have my car fixed a while back, but just posting my thoughts now.
Back in Feb, my car got hit(bumper) by someone in my underground garage while parked and I win my case so Insurance took care of it. I decided to bring my car to Woodchester Collision to fix since they are near where I lived & is under StateFarm pre-approved garage so I don't have to wait for an adjuster. Long story short, picked up my car on Feb 20. Noticed was not properly fixed but I have returned my rental so I have to go back the following week for 2nd time, then the 3rd time and then the 4th time and grrrr!!!! Finally I went and picked it up the last time it's still not properly fix & they said it is becoz of my after market bumper made is of fiber glass!! Can't put it back the way before. But but but, when I went to the garage I usually dealt with, they have no problem put it back nicely, how so?
Did they just tell me things I don't know coz I'm a woman?? The bumper looked so hideous ~ it doesn't line up. And I hate driving back( I have since moved to North York on 1st of March) so I just shallow my pride and angers!!
Can anyone tell me if there no chance my bumper can be align properly? huh?

Last edited by NEVVRRL8; 07-07-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:46 AM
your bumper should be close to how it was aligned before but it will never be 100% but it should be at least close to not noticeable depending on how severe the damage was.

i got hit from behind cuz i was stopping for an ambulance and i lost my rear bumper/light and trunk bent in. the fit was off wen i got the car and its still off today!! its really really hard to get it back 100% but you should have life time warranty on wat ever parts that they repaired for you so you can go back untill u get wat you want from them! they are usually very slow at doing their job it took them 2 months for a bumper for my car. good luck! i know how north york is been here for a few years and usually goood cars around!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks Zeidik, but they never said I can go back tho, and the adjuster from StateFarm didn't answered my calls anymore I guess they are sick & tired of my complaint? I don't want to be pushy but I want it to fix right ..... hmm I dunno, I know it can't be 100% but at least it's 98% no? By the way they managed to ding and scratch my driver side door as well but denied it. I don't think I want to go back there, too many problems surface after the fixed. I think it's just bad luck!!

p/s : by the way how to upload a pic? I'm new on this, thanks.

Last edited by NEVVRRL8; 07-07-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repairs from a pre-approved insurance shop carry a lifetime warranty on the repairs, if you are not happy with the repairs bring it back and have them correct the situation until you are happy. If they are not willing to comply then I would call the insurance company back and escalate your claim to a manager or someone more senior. I hate dealing with insurance companies.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordon
Repairs from a pre-approved insurance shop carry a lifetime warranty on the repairs, if you are not happy with the repairs bring it back and have them correct the situation until you are happy. If they are not willing to comply then I would call the insurance company back and escalate your claim to a manager or someone more senior. I hate dealing with insurance companies.
^+1 Sound advice. Good luck OP

Old 07-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by NEVVRRL8
Thanks Zeidik, but they never said I can go back tho, and the adjuster from StateFarm didn't answered my calls anymore I guess they are sick & tired of my complaint? I don't want to be pushy but I want it to fix right ..... hmm I dunno, I know it can't be 100% but at least it's 98% no? By the way they managed to ding and scratch my driver side door as well but denied it. I don't think I want to go back there, too many problems surface after the fixed. I think it's just bad luck!!

p/s : by the way how to upload a pic? I'm new on this, thanks.
yea for sure something close to how it used to be but i think it would be noticeable from up close. mine is about 80% done and its really easy to tell but they did tell me to go back whenever i wanted to because of the lifetime warranty. i think u should just show up at the shop and talk to them they cant avoid u then. you can make the shop contact the insurance company to cut the time short, if you dont want to go back there then it would cost you about 150$ max for a proper realignment.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NEVVRRL8
I actually have my car fixed a while back, but just posting my thoughts now.
Back in Feb, my car got hit(bumper) by someone in my underground garage while parked and I win my case so Insurance took care of it. I decided to bring my car to Woodchester Collision to fix since they are near where I lived & is under StateFarm pre-approved garage so I don't have to wait for an adjuster. Long story short, picked up my car on Feb 20. Noticed was not properly fixed but I have returned my rental so I have to go back the following week for 2nd time, then the 3rd time and then the 4th time and grrrr!!!! Finally I went and picked it up the last time it's still not properly fix & they said it is becoz of my after market bumper made is of fiber glass!! Can't put it back the way before. But but but, when I went to the garage I usually dealt with, they have no problem put it back nicely, how so?
Did they just tell me things I don't know coz I'm a woman?? The bumper looked so hideous ~ it doesn't line up. And I hate driving back( I have since moved to North York on 1st of March) so I just shallow my pride and angers!!
Can anyone tell me if there no chance my bumper can be align properly? huh?

OMG! I saw you a couple weeks ago at Pasific mall I took a pic of your rear bumper I don't know if you noticed a Red G(GT-R front) parked right behind you? I had my eye on picking up that rear but have realized the exhaust ports are too small for my HKS. It's a shame it got damaged it's a sweet bumper. Hmm let me know if you get it fix I have a shop where I got my bumper done that did an amazing job and might be able to help you. Come out to the Kennedy & 401 meet this wednesday i'll link you with a card.

Attached Thumbnails Disappointed in Woodchester collision centre!!-dsc00636.jpg  

Last edited by ReD De(V)oN; 07-07-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added pic