Canada Serving Canada.

Erickson Infiniti in Edmonton screws over another customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, me thinks this Dwayne guy will be handed his pink slip very soon. you can not treat the customer as he did. he is lucky that shumby is halfway around the globe.

if i got that email i would be at the dealership in a heartbeat and Dwayne would be having a sudden change of heart whether he liked it or not.

shumby has been more than patient with this situation. i would have returned the car though. repainting a portion of a car is never the same as all original paint. it may look good for a while but in time the repaint is usually noticeable. on a $75k car that is a deal breaker for me.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:57 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
wow, me thinks this Dwayne guy will be handed his pink slip very soon. you can not treat the customer as he did. he is lucky that shumby is halfway around the globe.

if i got that email i would be at the dealership in a heartbeat and Dwayne would be having a sudden change of heart whether he liked it or not.

shumby has been more than patient with this situation. i would have returned the car though. repainting a portion of a car is never the same as all original paint. it may look good for a while but in time the repaint is usually noticeable. on a $75k car that is a deal breaker for me.
The worst part of this is that his FX is going to be painted by Tristar and their paint work is frequently sub-standard. I no longer have Ericksen service our vehicles, I take them elsewhere. They damaged our 1-30 once and our G35 twice while in for work. This dealership use to be one of the best in Edmonton. Not anymore.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Shumby would be on here telling us about it himself, but he told me he could not get on here. He has posted about it on G37.com and the Infiniti FX site.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
he's blocked from this forum at work on the rig offshore.....

looks like i'm a bit late on posting all the emails..lol...

too bad shumby is away or he most likely would have ditched the car at the dealership and put a stop payment

Old 07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If someone at a dealership ever said "give me a break" to me I would drive the truck through their front door. Shumbly is a patient sob.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Only trouble with b1tching about it on here is most of us are already customers (not me, bought mine used) and so we've already drunk the Kool-aid. I think you have to hit them where it hurts -- potential buyers.

If it were me, and I've seen this done, I'd be tempted to put big signs on the FX saying "Ericksen Infiniti delivers damaged cars" or something to that effect. Then drive it around or even park it in front of the dealership. But then I'm a vindictive old SOB.
very well said I agree with every word even parking that b1tch in front of the lot with the sign.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
nah, just put ericksons plate frames on and stickers on the window with arrows to the messed up paint...lol.....and ditch it and the dealership.

also, Shumby is only patient b/c he is on the other side of the planet right now

Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor guy.....ericksen recently went through an ownership change......same guys who own Kentwood and Team Ford now own Ericksen. hopefully these type of issues will be resolved in the new stand alone building. Their service is not the greatest and I have brought it up in the past, with limited success.....what else can we do? They have us by the short and curlies on warranty work and stuff.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Update

Well. No e-mail from the GM last week even though I sent him a reminder on thursday.

Reminder:

To: bburgess@ericksennissan.com
CC: melissasperry@hotmail.com
Subject:
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 1213 -0600

Brad;

As per my wife's e-mail I am looking forward to getting a reply from you on the issue with my FX50s' paint and my dealings with the service manager. My wife is do to drop the truck off on Monday. I hope she will get the work that is to be preformed in writing. Including type of paint used assurance infiniti self healing clear will be used and that the mirror and other trim scratches that were caused by the initial "repair" will be fixed and how they will be fixed.

Regards
Stephen Humby

Well I let that slid as they can be busy people. Well my wife dropped the car off about 1-2 hours ago and she tells me that they gave her nothing in writing. So she called back and now they said they will e-mail it to me today. I hope they get it right this time. I used to stick up for the dealership telling them I never had any issues. If they can make it right this time I will still keep doing it.

And if anyone from the dealership is reading We should try to get these things right the first time. Comunication is key. I am in Russia 70 miles off shore and still can find ways to comunicate. Information and comunication are key to good customer relations. And you never know howmeny people read these forms.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is totally unacceptable. I'm stunned at how a place that does not believe in customer satisfaction can stay open.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 PM
We know they suck, they know they suck but won't man up.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update from Shumby

OK well the wife just told me that the service dept. told here that Ericksons lawers are looking at this thread for slandering them online. So to the lawyers out there please feel free to read all the posts. I have only stated facts and e-mails that were sent and received. And maybe workers at erickson should get their facts streight before implimenting my wife in these on line posts. As she has not posted anything on here.

I state facts and corespondance to share my experiance with others. If this is resolved then I will say so online and Erickson will once again have me saying there praises as I have in the past.

As seen here in this thread.
http://myg37.com/forums/canada/18621...initi-ftw.html

I feel sorry that they are treating a customer that once loved the service he received from them, this way. I hope they get it right this time and we can put it behind us. But only time will tell.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
^ Brutal that they feel compelled to get laywers involved. Since when is stating facts considered slandering? One thing is for sure, I am glad I don't live in Edmonton and have to deal the BS and horrible customer service from this dealership.

I wonder if Ken has seen this thread?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Fvckers are bluffing. They can't do ****.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
The latest from Shumby.

Well i just sent these 2 e-mails off to go auto group and infiniti canada. Because I still have not received the work that is to be donne in writing.

RE: ‏
Sent: July 22, 2009 128 AM
To: information.centre@nissancanada.com

Dawn;

Well I think i need infiniti Canadas help with this issue as it is a warrenty issue. My wife has dropped th etruck off. They did not supply the work that was to be done in writing as they had promised and they also have had their service writer threaten her with a law suit. I need to get this work that is to be done in writing. I feel that this is the only way I will know the work will be done correctly. As this is a warrenty issue I hope that you might be able to help me with this. I love infiniti cars and in the last 2 years have bought 3 of them worth close to 200K. I grew up on datsun and nissan cars. I don't want this experiance to turn me away from infiniti as Ericksen is the only dealer in my area. I have contacted go Auto group the parent company of Ericksen and am also awaiting a reply from them. I believe I have already sent you a link to the on-line formes where i posted about this issue. If you do not have them let me know and I will forward them too you. I have said nothing wrong I am just sharing my experiances with the dealer and have made no judgemets and given Ericksen every oportunity to make this right. I feel they are trying to use scare tactics on my wife to get her to stop forcing the issue of getting the work to be done in writing. However I have no idea why? my request to ask for this is not unreasonable in my opinion.

Regards;

Stephen Humby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE:
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:09:34 -0400
To: stephenhumby@hotmail.com

We wish to acknowledge your recent email communication addressed to Infiniti.

Infiniti and its dealerships value customer feedback, as this helps in our continual striving to improve upon our products and services. We are sorry to learn of your complaint and of the circumstances that you described.

We have documented your concerns with Dwayne and service you have received at Ericksen Infiniti regarding the paint issues you have experienced with your 2009 Infiniti FX50. As our dealerships are independently owned businesses, we cannot directly intervene in your customer service concerns. We would recommend speaking with the General Manager at Ericksen Infiniti if you continue to have issues in respect to resolving this issue.

Please be assured that your satisfaction is vitally important to us, and we will continue to meet our customer commitment by honouring all the terms and conditions set forth in your vehicle’s warranty. We invite you to contact us directly at 1-800-361-4792 should you wish further discussion, or at information.centre@infiniticanada.com.

Yours very truly,

Dawn Tuplin

Consumer Relations Representative

Nissan Canada Inc.

To Dell(i think);

My wife received your phone call And had left you a voice mail to contact me via e-mail. She is finding this situation stressful. Right now all I am asking for from the dealer is to have the work that will be done on my car in writing. They have assured my wife that they would e-mail me this info and they have not. Not only that but now my wife tells me that the service writer has threated her with a lawsuit from your lawyers. I hope this is not the route you want to take this issue but if that is the case I am fully prepared to deal with it that way. I will be sending a copy of this e-mail along to infiniti canada as well as this paint issue is a warrenty issue and I hope they might also be able to help me with it. Please let me know your thoughts on this via e-mail as I have no phone access on the rig.

I have also asked my wife to call the service dept and tell them to stop all work on the FX until i get this in writing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Erickson Infiniti in Edmonton screws over another customer